Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Scale Comp Rules

Notices

Thread: SORRCA Competition Rules Release - Class Specs and scale points

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2011, 01:24 PM   #321
Quarry Creeper

A bobbed bed is one that has been shortend BEHIND the wheelwell, to improve departure angle.
So modifying a bed into a short bed shouldn't even be considered "bobbing" in the first place....
HotRodJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2011, 01:37 PM   #322

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRodJosh View Post
A bobbed bed is one that has been shortend BEHIND the wheelwell, to improve departure angle.
So modifying a bed into a short bed shouldn't even be considered "bobbing" in the first place....
Correct, In the case of the trekker I had to take some from the front of the bed and some from behind the wheel well to make it proportionally correct, and to bring it into the 10.2 wheel base range. So I was trying to clarify if this would be considered Bobbing the bed or not.
bugleem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:50 PM   #323
www.team3sixrc.com

If I am correct, The current set of rules have been pulled. So if anyone has downloaded them you probably shouldnt go off the rules.

I know that MSD is working on revising their current set of rules for anyone who will be attending the comp. I would suggest that people who are going to attend visit the MSD form and check into the thrad reguarding the rules.

I state this because I know that people are building their trucks according to the rules that were initialy put out in this thread. I would hate to see people not quaulify because they are following the rules that were in place.

This is the thread in MSD's thread about the rules for the Nationals
2011 Rules Update

Last edited by team3six; 01-26-2011 at 07:52 PM.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:10 PM   #324
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post
If I am correct, The current set of rules have been pulled. So if anyone has downloaded them you probably shouldnt go off the rules.

I know that MSD is working on revising their current set of rules for anyone who will be attending the comp. I would suggest that people who are going to attend visit the MSD form and check into the thrad reguarding the rules.

I state this because I know that people are building their trucks according to the rules that were initialy put out in this thread. I would hate to see people not quaulify because they are following the rules that were in place.

This is the thread in MSD's thread about the rules for the Nationals
2011 Rules Update
The initial SORRCA rules release has been pulled.

MSD and SORRCA are currently working to get an "interim" set of rules up. That interim set of rules will be used for the MSD nationals this year. I imagine you'll see them posted here, the SORRCA website and anywhere MSD rules usually get posted.

For the guys that already started building based on the initial SORRCA rules ... we are aware of your position. We are doing everything we can to make sure your truck will be legal for the interim rule set as well. So if you are building off the initial SORRCA rule set there is a good chance your truck will be fine or only require a few tweaks here and there. No promises, but that is what we are shooting for.

After that interim set comes out we'll go back behind closed doors, take a good long look at what we have and make the refinements we feel necessary.

Last edited by Locked Up; 01-26-2011 at 09:13 PM.
Locked Up is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/scale-comp-rules/290744-sorrca-competition-rules-release-class-specs-scale-points.html
Posted By For Type Date
Official new scale rules 2011 - Nostr Forums This thread Refback 10-07-2011 06:20 AM