RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Scale Comp Rules (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/scale-comp-rules/)
-   -   SORRCA Competition Rules Release - Class Specs and scale points (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/scale-comp-rules/290744-sorrca-competition-rules-release-class-specs-scale-points.html)

Locked Up 01-05-2011 08:23 PM

SORRCA Competition Rules Release - Class Specs and scale points

SORRCA
Scale Off Road RC Association

THESE RULES HAVE BEEN PUT ON HOLD.

For more information please read this:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/scale-comp-rules/295134-sorrca-rules-hold.html

thanks

Metal Masher 01-05-2011 10:09 PM

I would like to be the first to say you guys did an excellent job on the rules. they are clear, concise and to the point. I particularly like the Glossary. It is a well needed addition.

I only have one complaint, Why are reduced tires not allowed? If the tires start as approved tires and meet the maximum height requirements for each class, what does it matter?

This really hurts the people running 1.55 wheels as good performing scale tires are few and far between.

I know this was brought up before but i still think it is something that should be looked into.

Once again, great job guys!"thumbsup"

slobin3d 01-05-2011 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metal Masher (Post 2842207)
I would like to be the first to say you guys did an excellent job on the rules. they are clear, concise and to the point. I particularly like the Glossary. It is a well needed addition.

I only have one complaint, Why are reduced tires not allowed? If the tires start as approved tires and meet the maximum height requirements for each class, what does it matter?

This really hurts the people running 1.55 wheels as good performing scale tires are few and far between.

I know this was brought up before but i still think it is something that should be looked into.

Thank-you we all appreciate the compliments. In tire rules, we decided that with the multitude of 1.9 tires on the market that there was no need for people to cut an shut tires anymore, and for class 1 where your 1.55's would be common we intended it to be a builders class, and having a cut and shut tire didn't really fit the feel of this class. I have faith that the options for 1.55 tires will ever expand in the future!

My basic explanation.:mrgreen:

justinart24 01-05-2011 10:27 PM

Quote:

4.3. All the vehicles, at the minimum, must use: production style hood, 50% of the production style front fenders, 50% of the production grill, roof (or roll cage if an open top), plus two of the following:
‐ Windshield and frame
‐ Rear quarter panels
‐ Doors/half doors
‐ Rear Bed/cargo area
Does this mean the "no fender" look is illegal in Class 2? Would it be ok if I just ran inner fenders to be legal?

BTW, thanks for all the hard work!!!

hotwheels000 01-05-2011 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metal Masher (Post 2842207)

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...rt24/155-1.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...inart24/19.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...inart24/22.jpg

This is a list of available tires for all classes,hope that helps.Remember it is not all inclusive,just some of the available production tires that are readily available.

We needed to draw the line somewere to keep separation in the classes and to try and keep the rigs performance levels simular in those classes

hotwheels000 01-05-2011 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justinart24 (Post 2842257)
Does this mean the "no fender" look is illegal in Class 2? Would it be ok if I just ran inner fenders to be legal?

Thats a great question. I would say yes in the case of your build,you have a full inner fender well. Plus you have a full fender on the other side...thats 50% of the fenders all buy it self:mrgreen:

Post a pic for all to see Justin,we actually never discussed a realistic inner fender in lue of a outer fender.

War Pig 01-05-2011 10:50 PM

What rig does this effect? The F-350? Isn't that a class 3 rig?

Locked Up 01-05-2011 11:54 PM

Quote:

Justin,

When you say "no fender" look, my initial thought would be to say it's not 50% if it's not there ... however, from reading what the other guys are saying, it sounds like you have possibly built the structure/support of a fender and just "lost the skin" on one side. For me, I'd say that probably is 50%+ but regardless of what anyone in here tells you specifically, it will all come down to the guy teching your rig in.

On the national level ... there is some grey area that is somewhat unavoidable. We have tried to eliminate that as best as we could. So, that said, your local guy may consider something to be 50% that someone else might not. I'd urge you and all others to err on the side of caution. Before attending a national (or local) event ask specific questions of the person running the event with pictures, etc.

Over time, as everyone gets familiar with the intent of the rules, etc, things will all become clearer and more level across the nation/world/galaxy .... ;-)

War Pig 01-06-2011 12:19 AM

Quote:

Justin, Class 2 was the most difficult to define for us. We were hoping to have a wide variety of builds in this class and wanted the vehicles to still resemble the vehicle that it started out as....therefore the body panel requirements. We don't want to stifle peoples creativity, and there will be exceptions in a case like your F-350 where it's obvious what kind of rig it is. We were just trying to keep flat panel tuber type rigs that don't really look like a production based vehicle out of class 2.

justinart24 01-06-2011 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by War Pig (Post 2842444)
Justin, Class 2 was the most difficult to define for us. We were hoping to have a wide variety of builds in this class and wanted the vehicles to still resemble the vehicle that it started out as....therefore the body panel requirements. We don't want to stifle peoples creativity, and there will be exceptions in a case like your F-350 where it's obvious what kind of rig it is. We were just trying to keep flat panel tuber type rigs that don't really look like a production based vehicle out of class 2.

BTW, thanks Tim, "Locked Up" and Devlin for replying with helpful info, very appreciated!"thumbsup"

Yes Tim, my F-350 is going to be my C3 rig, sorry for the confusion. I have been waiting to build my C2 Tundra Truggy with Tango down rims and the new RC4WD 1.9 Mud Slingers.
But I was just wondering, as long if we make the inner fenders very detailed like a 1:1, would it be ok in C2.

Here is a example of dready's tunrda.
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/j...IMG_2164-1.jpg
I was just thinking allowing this because there is not a lot of offset 1.9 rims getting made. I could make a narrowed front end but I think the "no fender" look, looks a lot more scale than narrowing, but that's just my opinion.

BTW, again great job on the rules gentlemen, turned clean and easy to read."thumbsup"

ROCKEDUP RICKY 01-06-2011 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Locked Up (Post 2842410)

On the national level ... there is some grey area that is somewhat unavoidable. We have tried to eliminate that as best as we could. So, that said, your local guy may consider something to be 50% that someone else might not. I'd urge you and all others to err on the side of caution. Before attending a national (or local) event ask specific questions of the person running the event with pictures, etc.

So we are putting it on the organizer of an event.:shock: Is the intent of this 50% count the inter and outer fender.

Glad to see the rules out, good job guys. Can't wait to see the course rules and points.

Locked Up 01-06-2011 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY (Post 2842659)
So we are putting it on the organizer of an event.:shock: Is the intent of this 50% count the inter and outer fender.

Glad to see the rules out, good job guys. Can't wait to see the course rules and points.

That is nothing new.

Determining if the wheelbase "fits the concept/body" has always been a judgment call and nobody seemed to be up in arms about it. "Some fender trimming", determining if a rig resembles a street rig, etc.

Unless something has a 100% concrete measurement point (and we did as much as we could in this regard) some things will be left to the judgment of the ... judge.

Justin,
We are discussing this right now and will try to respond as quickly as possible.

Another thing to keep in mind is that removing of the fender skins may count as pinching the front.
Though that is legal in Class 2, you are limited in that you cannot pinch the front, dove the rear and do boat sides. (Section 4.4 under class 2).

sally1800 01-06-2011 08:33 AM

Question on class two. Is this body legal? I am in question on the front fenders are mod?

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/pictu...ictureid=15362

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/pictu...ictureid=15351

Locked Up 01-06-2011 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saydee1800 (Post 2842821)
Question on class two. Is this body legal? I am in question on the front fenders are mod?

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/pictu...ictureid=15362

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/pictu...ictureid=15351

What body?

I see no picture ....

microgoat 01-06-2011 09:02 AM

There's your answer. No body = not legal.

sally1800 01-06-2011 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by microgoat (Post 2842874)
There's your answer. No body = not legal.

Sorry to confuse you guys. Just trying to find out answer to my questions. Not looking to be harassed.

Tommy R 01-06-2011 09:17 AM

Well, technically speaking....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Locked Up (Post 2841989)
In order to help us get questions answered, please keep your posts in this thread limited to those surrounding the application of the actual rules.

We will not be able to answer specific questions concerning every scale vehicle out there. Those types of questions will be best answered by the people running the individual clubs and/or events.

Locked Up 01-06-2011 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saydee1800 (Post 2842884)
Sorry to confuse you guys. Just trying to find out answer to my questions. Not looking to be harassed.

We are not trying to harass you.

I don't see any picture posted with your question so I'm not sure what you are asking.

sally1800 01-06-2011 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Locked Up (Post 2842410)

Over time, as everyone gets familiar with the intent of the rules, etc, things will all become clearer and more level across the nation/world/galaxy .... ;-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommy R (Post 2842901)
Well, technically speaking....

:oops: sorry I thought it would be ok after reading this but I read in between the lines

Locked Up 01-06-2011 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saydee1800 (Post 2842909)
:oops: sorry I thought it would be ok after reading this but I read in between the lines

I do not see any pictures with your question.
You may have posted something but I cannot see it.

Can you provide a link to a picture?