Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Scale Comp Rules

Notices

Thread: SORRCA Rules on Hold!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2011, 08:29 PM   #1
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Arrow SORRCA Rules on Hold!!

The Sorrca Has received several comments and concerns about the complexity of the Rules as written and that they are having trouble deciding what class they should be in, or the legality of their existing rigs. With that we have decided to pull the rules and review our wording so that we can clarify and simplify them for the ease of use.

For the Guys who have already started to build the specs aren't going to change much and we are retaining the 3 class format so if you want to continue to build from the current spec list that don't worry your trucks will still be in spec with our rewrite
We appreciate all off the support we have received as well and are striving to produce the best possible rules that are focused on building, competing, fairness and fun!

We are opening ourselves up to comments, we want to know what everyone else thinks, we invite you to post comments good and bad, but please keep it civil. If the thread gets shut down we'll end the comment and go back to our hole!
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2011, 08:32 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

UTRCRC rules FTW!

And 1, 2, 3, designation HAS to go!
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:32 PM   #3
Old guy

Good move.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:38 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post

And 1, 2, 3, designation HAS to go!
What would you like to see?
KevenP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:41 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevenP View Post
What would you like to see?
I like the Street, Expedition, Modified designations. W/o even knowing the rules, it makes it easier to differentiate the classes. 1, 2, and 3 are IMO meaningless.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:52 PM   #6
Gettin’ back on the horse

Although it may not be done by many clubs, I would not mind seeing some type of designation for single seat buggies. There has never been a place for these...

I think if there are going to be a nationally recognized scale rules everything should be covered.

Im sure I'll have more as I figure out how to word it.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:05 PM   #7
RCC Addict

I still say that not allowing reduced tires needs to go.

Saying that everyone will use a particular tire after it's reduced is not a valid point in my opinion. The same theory would go with non reduced tires then. if the new RC4WD Boggers become the "bomb" for example, then everyone will be running them right? I don't see that happening as everyone has different tastes.

I still feel if the tire in on the approved list and meets the maximum requirements for the height in each class it should be legal.
Metal Masher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:07 PM   #8
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Thanks guys for all the positive criticism, please keep them coming were listening
Old 01-24-2011, 11:53 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

This what I came up with, could add a lot more but have to go to bed.
  • Class One
    • Change to .5" tire tread allowed. To get the current only .25" tread showing, you pretty much have to either run huge Axial fender flares or run some ugly HPI stock zero offset rims(for Axial axles).
    • Need to add clarification for people running flat beds and how that works with tire coverage.
  • Class Two
    • The 50% front fender trimming limitation needs to be tossed out or highly clarified. For example, Jeeps have to trim a lot of fender material to not give the monster truck look. Need to allow tube fenders but I think they need to still resemble stock fenders.
  • Other things that need to be clarified...
    • Scale Rules:
      • Bumper Points: What is meant by a "full width bumper"?
      • Roof Racks: Umm...how can you tell if a rack is "Large", "Medium", or "small".
      • Truggy: Must be cut at skid? Seems unnecessary, a least allow at least one inch after the cab.
      • Rear tube structure: I don't get this, can this be a artsy structure?
justinart24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:39 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Those are all points that we're looking to change. The new version will be a lot clearer.
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:05 AM   #11
Old guy

Quote:
I like the Street, Expedition, Modified designations. W/o even knowing the rules, it makes it easier to differentiate the classes. 1, 2, and 3 are IMO meaningless.
Shut up Joe. With 1,2,3 you'll have to read the rules.
Street rigs in your town,couldn't keep up with the street rig in my town. Expedition, is that a ford class. Isn't all the rigs modified in some way.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:15 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
i like the street, expedition, modified designations. W/o even knowing the rules, it makes it easier to differentiate the classes. 1, 2, and 3 are imo meaningless.
....x2
Rckcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:36 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinart24 View Post
This what I came up with, could add a lot more but have to go to bed.
  • Class One
    • Change to .5" tire tread allowed. To get the current only .25" tread showing, you pretty much have to either run huge Axial fender flares or run some ugly HPI stock zero offset rims(for Axial axles).
    • Need to add clarification for people running flat beds and how that works with tire coverage.
  • Class Two
    • The 50% front fender trimming limitation needs to be tossed out or highly clarified. For example, Jeeps have to trim a lot of fender material to not give the monster truck look. Need to allow tube fenders but I think they need to still resemble stock fenders.
  • Other things that need to be clarified...
    • Scale Rules:
      • Bumper Points: What is meant by a "full width bumper"?
      • Roof Racks: Umm...how can you tell if a rack is "Large", "Medium", or "small".
      • Truggy: Must be cut at skid? Seems unnecessary, a least allow at least one inch after the cab.
      • Rear tube structure: I don't get this, can this be a artsy structure?
I'll respond to a couple of things Justin.

I too would like the tire coverage to loosen a bit in class 1.

Bumper and roof rack descriptions are in the glossary, and are well defined.

As far as the rear tube structure goes, we were trying to find a way to give rigs like this scale points. They are in no mans land as far as the "typical" rear tube chassis goes.

Hope this helps a little.
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:50 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Killer rigs....and look highly capable. Shouldn't have to "find" ways to give them scale points....their performance more than makes up for it. I need to build one of those.....
Maybe give them extra points for running SMALLER tires than what the max is ?? The tallest tires allowed aren't the most scale.....
HotRodJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:59 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

I for one hope at least the class 1 .25" tire rule gets loosened up a bit.

I put 1/8" hexes on my TLT's with Axial wheels and it is right there. I'm just worried that one judge would call it good and another may give it the thumbs down. As it is my tire is 1/8" away from the knuckle so I can't get much narrower.
bmuzz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:27 AM   #16

For class 1 I would like to see bed bobbing allowed, if the vehicle met other requirements. I would also like to see the tire coverage rule loosened up, especially concerning things like "trail damage" for example dented fenders, maybe a missing fender. Basically Mike's blue lux, that rig looks like a class 1 rig to me, but is not allowed in the class...
Old 01-25-2011, 09:45 AM   #17
Web Wheeling

I've always been against the scale points system. Your competing, I would rather see scale versions of 1:1 comp rigs. Have a daily driver class, full body pro class, and TTC class. I don't see why anyone would want to compete with their camping gear in/on their rig and a canoe strapped to the roof.

Save the expo scaler builds for trail rides.
Etype R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:48 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etype R View Post
I've always been against the scale points system. Your competing, I would rather see scale versions of 1:1 comp rigs. Have a daily driver class, full body pro class, and TTC class. I don't see why anyone would want to compete with their camping gear in/on their rig and a canoe strapped to the roof.

I agree, who in there right mind would go to W.E rock or a real TTC with cooler full of beer or a canoe on their rig?
Old 01-25-2011, 09:50 AM   #19
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etype R View Post

When i go in the woods I always have my camping gear, whether I'm planning to stay out overnight or not. Always prepared! I'd bet a good chunck of the trucks in Moab do too! maybe not your 100% 1 off custom tube buggys but your cherokee's, yota trucks, wranglers, your daily driver/wheelers
Old 01-25-2011, 09:57 AM   #20
Web Wheeling

Trail riding is one thing, competing is another. Lets say I decided to attend a small comp with my daily driver. I wouldn't leave any of my camping gear in it, only my recovery gear. You don't trail ride around gates.

Maybe my vision of scale comps is different, but thats how I would like to see it run.
Etype R is offline   Reply With Quote