Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Scale Comp Rules

Notices

Thread: Updated and revised SORRCA Rules and Specs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2011, 08:45 PM   #81
RCC Addict

I think like any rules they will never please all. However, I disagree with just wanting to goof around with the scalers. I do enjoy the GTGs but the comps are a blast. Having a ruleset makes it even better. if you view scalers as a way to goof and blow off steam just don't compete. There are quite a few of us who like to compete in both scale and comp. Our club is dedicating Saturdays this season to scale and having three series.

Wes
brazwewn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2011, 09:21 PM   #82
I wanna be Dave

I have to say, I am pretty damn happy with the rules and can't wait till Montana! Wahoooooooo .....(said while Justin drinks in a LA Hilton lounge)
justinart24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:55 PM   #83
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
1.9 wheels can be had cheap. I bought a set of Honcho wheels and tires a while back for $25. Buy some and quit worrying about it.

The only problem with that is I did pick up a seet of Honcho wheels and am building a trail rig around them..well and the body..but now I read where these tires aren't allowed in the class I wanted to be in. This is why the 5 of us here run "follow the leader", if it takes you 6 or 7 times to get up that hill/rock and you reverse 4 times...the guy behind you might take it in 3 times....big deal, this is how everybody wins. the fun is in the razzing the rest of the trail...and if you roll, you go back of the line, second takes the reins.

I understand the rules of comps and scale nats and stuff, runs like this need boundries. So far I like the rules, to bad I'm heading for Alaska that week...again for the 4th year in a row..so it doesn't matter what I think.
squatch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 02:02 AM   #84
RCC Addict

so will stock honcho body and bed be ok for class 1
VP Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:26 AM   #85
I wanna be Dave

I was reading the class 3 rules and saw this

• There are no Wheel distinctions. For example you can run a 1.55, 1.9, 2.0 or 2.2 rim in any class. Wheels larger than 2.2 are not allowed in any class and no Short course style wheels 1.9/2.2 split diameters

If this is a TTC/KOH why would there be a rules against 2.2/3.0?

Thanks
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:29 AM   #86
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squatch71 View Post
The only problem with that is I did pick up a seet of Honcho wheels and am building a trail rig around them..well and the body..but now I read where these tires aren't allowed in the class I wanted to be in.
And thats what you get for building before the rules are done. You aren't the only one.

Mine will fall into class 3. Not where I wanted it, but oh well. Ain't life a bitch. I'll drive it, have fun, go home, and do it all again some other day. Maybe I'll buy a Honcho and run in Class 2...
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:41 AM   #87
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by saydee1800 View Post

• There are no Wheel distinctions. For example you can run a 1.55, 1.9, 2.0 or 2.2 rim in any class. Wheels larger than 2.2 are not allowed in any class and no Short course style wheels 1.9/2.2 split diameters

If this is a TTC/KOH why would there be a rules against 2.2/3.0?

Thanks
First of all, Class 3 is not specifically geared only toward TTC/KOH trucks. Sure, those trucks fit in this class, but so do many other rigs that are simply too radical for Classes 1 and 2. Class 3 is not purely for competition rigs, although those will likely be the most prominent style of rig in this class.

Secondly, what does TTC/KOH have to do with multi-diameter wheels and tires anyway? I don't see any correlation. Maybe if we ever see multi-diameter wheels/tires in the 1:1 world we'll reconsider the rule. Otherwise, I see no reason for it.
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:52 AM   #88
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy R View Post
First of all, Class 3 is not specifically geared only toward TTC/KOH trucks. Sure, those trucks fit in this class, but so do many other rigs that are simply too radical for Classes 1 and 2. Class 3 is not purely for competition rigs, although those will likely be the most prominent style of rig in this class.

Secondly, what does TTC/KOH have to do with multi-diameter wheels and tires anyway? I don't see any correlation. Maybe if we ever see multi-diameter wheels/tires in the 1:1 world we'll reconsider the rule. Otherwise, I see no reason for it.

It would help truck that use the slash 4x4 front fit better into a class. Yes there are ways around it but I just didn't see a advantage using a 2.2/3.0 wheel. So I didn't understand why there where not aloud.

Thanks for make it more clear 1:1 is what the rules are base from.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:47 AM   #89
Rock Crawler

it would have an advantage on sidehills
Nish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:07 AM   #90
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nish View Post
that is a big part of it. also there are no 1:1 mismatched diameter wheels
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:20 AM   #91
I wanna be Dave

Not to mention that 2.2 is the max size wheel allowed. a 2.2/3.0 is larger than legal.
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:23 AM   #92
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTwin v2 View Post
Not to mention that 2.2 is the max size wheel allowed. a 2.2/3.0 is larger than legal.
still using 2.2 tires
Old 02-16-2011, 11:26 AM   #93
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nish View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by slobin3d View Post
that is a big part of it. also there are no 1:1 mismatched diameter wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTwin v2 View Post

Thanks guys I was just wondering why. I am sure it will never become a issue for me. I never travel for events. I hate to drive 1 hour.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:29 AM   #94
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Quote:
still using 2.2 tires
But the rule was written as wheels larger than 2.2...not tires larger than 2.2.
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:38 PM   #95
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
And thats what you get for building before the rules are done. You aren't the only one.

true....and thats why there are rules...I know....
Old 02-16-2011, 06:15 PM   #96
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan wilson View Post
so will stock honcho body and bed be ok for class 1
No

Class-1 “Street” Details
• Vehicle must have a windshield that fills the entire windshield frame
• Full width bumpers are required on the front and rear of the vehicle. Bumpers that are molded into the body qualify. A rear bumper is not required on a flatbed, but adding one to the flatbed will gain the additional scale points. (Bumpers are measured from the outsides and must be the width of your windshield).
• Wheels must be aligned within the body wheel wells (center of wheels to center of wheel wells +/- 1/2 inch total combined)
• The vehicles body must be mostly intact. Mild trimming such as flairs & removing a hardtop allowed only. If hardtop is removed full interior is required. (no extreme trimming of bodies allowed See below.)
• The tread of the tires cannot extend outside of the wheel wells more then 1/2 of the tread width, flairs can be added to reach min. spec.
• Vehicle must run a full length rail chassis (The rail chassis must be as long as the vehicles wheelbase)(Tamiya CC-01 Chassis are allowed)
• Truggies are not allowed, flatbeds with full length rail chassis are allowed. The bed must be as wide as the cab the entire length of the bed. Cab only not allowed.
• Tires can never extend beyond the body’s bumpers or the rear of any truck bed. (Any stingers, fairleads, shackles, bolts, etc are not considered part of a bumper when determining this.)
• Dovetailing is not allowed.
• Sectioning or narrowing of the body is not allowed.
• Bobbing a truck bed is allowed, but must follow All body specs
• Boat sides are not allowed.
• 106mm / 4.19" Max tire size including spares
• Gates will be a minimum of 11" wide (so mind your width)
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:32 PM   #97
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squatch71 View Post
true....and thats why there are rules...I know....
There has to be some kind of rules if people are going to compete. Otherwise they'd show up with whatever they want it would be a mess.

IMO the rule set we have now is more or less perfect. The uber scale guys have their class, the newcomers have their "easy to access" class, and the more performance orientated group has their class.

Sure, there are going to be people who's current rigs no longer fall into the class they wanted it to, but is it really that big of a deal? I was hoping mine would squeak into 2, but it didn't, so I'm stuck in 3 where I will be at a disadvantage to some unless I redesign a few things. My life isn't dependant on my points standings, so who cares? I'm going to go drive it, hang with my freinds, have fun, get my ass handed to me, and go home happy.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:35 PM   #98
I wanna be Dave

Thats the attitude I like running with....If I were going, I would just toss my wifes DirtGrabbers on and like you.."have my ass handed to me..and go home happy"...

this sounds like a good set of rules, I have been in competition before with rules, and these are by far the best I have seen...are there holes..probably, but I'm not one to sit and find holes...those people don't make anything fun..they are just out to make a mess of what people have worked hard to put together, and ruin it for the rest of the group.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:26 PM   #99
Oppan Gangnam Style

Here's a question for you.

Where would a semi truck like my old Mean Green 6x6 fit in?

If time permits, I'd like to make another similar to this.

chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:10 PM   #100
I wanna be Dave

Tire size would dictate that build for the most part.Still would need to follow specific body size(so to speak) requirements for the peticular class.

It would be a great rig in any class in my eyes

Make it happen, I always liked the rig
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/scale-comp-rules/297817-updated-revised-sorrca-rules-specs.html
Posted By For Type Date
Updated and Revised SORRCA Rules This thread Refback 10-04-2011 07:16 PM