Notices

Thread: Updated and revised SORRCA Rules and Specs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2011, 09:47 AM   #101
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino63 View Post
Here's a question for you.

Where would a semi truck like my old Mean Green 6x6 fit in?

If time permits, I'd like to make another similar to this.
Dean, I think that would certainly fit in Class 2 as it sits in the pic...and maybe even Class 1 with a few tweaks. Here's a few rules for Class 1 that may be of concern:

• Full width bumpers are required on the front and rear of the vehicle. Bumpers that are molded into the body qualify. A rear bumper is not required on a flatbed, but adding one to the flatbed will gain the additional scale points. (Bumpers are measured from the outsides and must be the width of your windshield).

So a full width rear bumper would be needed unless you added a flatbed.

• The tread of the tires cannot extend outside of the wheel wells more then 1/2 of the tread width, flairs can be added to reach min. spec.

This should be easy to address with the right tire/wheel/axle selection.

• Truggies are not allowed, flatbeds with full length rail chassis are allowed. The bed must be as wide as the cab the entire length of the bed. Cab only not allowed.

I think a semi like yours would fit into C1 (I'm considering building one myself!), but technically speaking, it may require a flatbed since "cab only" isn't allowed. Personally, I was planning on playing it safe and put a simple flatbed on the back to avoid any potential hassles.

I hope you build it. Can't wait to see it compete!
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2011, 10:06 AM   #102
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino63 View Post
Here's a question for you.

Where would a semi truck like my old Mean Green 6x6 fit in?

If time permits, I'd like to make another similar to this.
This line bumps it out of class 1.
• Truggies are not allowed, flatbeds with full length rail chassis are allowed. The bed must be as wide as the cab the entire length of the bed. Cab only not allowed.

This line could depending on your group can put it right back in class 1 if it fits all other specs.

General Vehicle Details
• You are encouraged to go above and beyond to make your truck as scale as possible.
• Vehicles must resemble a real 1:1 rig and it will be up to the collective group to vote on whether a questionable rig is accepted or not.

I dont know how anyone could question that resembles a real 1:1 rig.

as it sits the tires would also be a issue for class 1 and 2.
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:18 AM   #103
Old guy

• Vehicles must resemble a real 1:1 rig and it will be up to the collective group to vote on whether a questionable rig is accepted or not.

This is what I was thinking. I would have the class vote on it.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:26 AM   #104
~THE SCALE SHOP~

just so im clear, a flat bed with roll bar is worth more points than a tube bed or full truggy?

(-5) flat bed + roll bar
(-3) tube bed
(-4) truggy

and also full hard body (- 8 )
in a truck for instance how much of the bed needs to be there for full?
if you pinched the rear and had rear fenders is that full hardbody? what if you had fenders and tailgate(but stil no bed)?
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:05 PM   #105
I wanna be Dave

Here's a question for C1 that pertains to a very popular body that will be seen in that class. It says a full width front bumper must be used, a molded bumper will be ok. How does the rules committee view the front stock bumper on a HiLux cab? It isn't exactly molded in place, but the stock plastic bumper does have a specific place on the front valance.

Are we supposed to cut off the lower stock valance and fab a frame mounted bumper or is the stock plastic bumper ok to use the way Tamiya designed the truck?
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:59 PM   #106
Oppan Gangnam Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy R View Post
Dean, I think that would certainly fit in Class 2 as it sits in the pic...and maybe even Class 1 with a few tweaks. Here's a few rules for Class 1 that may be of concern:

• Full width bumpers are required on the front and rear of the vehicle. Bumpers that are molded into the body qualify. A rear bumper is not required on a flatbed, but adding one to the flatbed will gain the additional scale points. (Bumpers are measured from the outsides and must be the width of your windshield).

So a full width rear bumper would be needed unless you added a flatbed.

• The tread of the tires cannot extend outside of the wheel wells more then 1/2 of the tread width, flairs can be added to reach min. spec.

This should be easy to address with the right tire/wheel/axle selection.

I think a semi like yours would fit into C1 (I'm considering building one myself!), but technically speaking, it may require a flatbed since "cab only" isn't allowed. Personally, I was planning on playing it safe and put a simple flatbed on the back to avoid any potential hassles.

I hope you build it. Can't wait to see it compete!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppy View Post
This line bumps it out of class 1.

This line could depending on your group can put it right back in class 1 if it fits all other specs.

General Vehicle Details
• You are encouraged to go above and beyond to make your truck as scale as possible.

I dont know how anyone could question that resembles a real 1:1 rig.

as it sits the tires would also be a issue for class 1 and 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY View Post

This is what I was thinking. I would have the class vote on it.

Thanks guys for the clarification. I need to do some thinking on my semi truck project. There are a few different ideas floating around in my head.
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:42 AM   #107
Rock Crawler

Um... the only reason that a honcho would not be allowed into class 1 that I can find would be the tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
No

Class-1 “Street” Details
• Vehicle must have a windshield that fills the entire windshield frame
• Full width bumpers are required on the front and rear of the vehicle.
The factory honcho bumper is full width and are as wide as the windshield, so the honcho bumper works. Bumpers that are molded into the body qualify. A rear bumper is not required on a flatbed, but adding one to the flatbed will gain the additional scale points. (Bumpers are measured from the outsides and must be the width of your windshield).
• Wheels must be aligned within the body wheel wells (center of wheels to center of wheel wells +/- 1/2 inch total combined)
• The vehicles body must be mostly intact. Mild trimming such as flairs & removing a hardtop allowed only. If hardtop is removed full interior is required. (no extreme trimming of bodies allowed See below.)
• Vehicle must run a full length rail chassis (The rail chassis must be as long as the vehicles wheelbase)(Tamiya CC-01 Chassis are allowed)
Ummm... The honcho bed is as wide as the cap, and it is that width the entire length of the bed. It is not dovetailed.
• Tires can never extend beyond the body’s bumpers or the rear of any truck bed. (Any stingers, fairleads, shackles, bolts, etc are not considered part of a bumper when determining this.)
• Dovetailing is not allowed.
The flatbed is not dovetailed...
• Sectioning or narrowing of the body is not allowed.
• Bobbing a truck bed is allowed, but must follow All body specs
• Boat sides are not allowed.
• 106mm / 4.19" Max tire size including spares
• Gates will be a minimum of 11" wide (so mind your width)
This would be the only area that the honcho would fall out of spec... Tho a simple tire change would make it work fine.
soundcolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:57 AM   #108
Rock Crawler

I have read over these rules and thought about them alot.

First, Congrats to the rules committee... You guys did an outstanding job. You deserve an attaboy!

As for the idiot (dingo2010) that went on and on for pages about how there were only two tires that were 2.2 and fit in the rules... First, stop being a retard. buy some 1.9, or 1.5 wheels and tires if your to damn lazy to search. Dont worry tho, I will make it easier for you. (tho I have a feeling that people doing all the work for you is why we are having this problem).
Here...

**ULTIMATE TIRE SIZE LISTING**

for further help, go here douche.

http://www.google.com

Now, stop being a cry baby and do work, or quit. No one likes to hear your stupid rant anyway jerk, so get with the program or beat it.

As to anyone else that wants to whine and cry about the rules... EFF OFF... seriously, you little babies are never happy until every little thing is scewed in your favor. Deal with it, either upgrade, or downgrade your rig to make it fit into the class that best suits you. I remember being told a long time ago that crawlers had to have really high turn motors for torque and that brushless would never work... yeah, tell that to my novak ballistic 5.5 turn on 3s lipo bolted to a axial tranny driving venom axles... I built the rig that I wanted, the way I wanted... And I proceeded to drive the shit out of it. I really dont care what anyone thinks about my hybrid rig, its not for them... Its for me.

If you want to comp... THEN FOLLOW THE RULES.

If you dont want to follow the rules then I would suggest that you not freaking comp. Go join a club that only does trail rides. its lots of fun and you can have whatever type of rig you want.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:21 AM   #109
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundcolor View Post
Ummm... The honcho bed is as wide as the cap, and it is that width the entire length of the bed. It is not dovetailed.
While it may not be "dovetailed", it certainly isn't full width across the entire length...

Also, I don't thing it really qualifies as a flatbed, seeing as how there is a recessed area running right down the middle, and the "flat" part of the bed is up much higher than traditional flatbed trucks.

Example...

Last edited by Duuuuuuuude; 02-19-2011 at 09:24 AM.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:41 AM   #110
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSki View Post
Here's a question for C1 that pertains to a very popular body that will be seen in that class. It says a full width front bumper must be used, a molded bumper will be ok. How does the rules committee view the front stock bumper on a HiLux cab? It isn't exactly molded in place, but the stock plastic bumper does have a specific place on the front valance.

Are we supposed to cut off the lower stock valance and fab a frame mounted bumper or is the stock plastic bumper ok to use the way Tamiya designed the truck?
there is no problem with the highlux as far as being legal to run..

For scale points the bumpers must be chassis mounted, and separate from the body..
Old 02-19-2011, 12:28 PM   #111
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
While it may not be "dovetailed", it certainly isn't full width across the entire length...

Also, I don't thing it really qualifies as a flatbed, seeing as how there is a recessed area running right down the middle, and the "flat" part of the bed is up much higher than traditional flatbed trucks.

Example...

While I wholey see your point. I don't see.the honcho as breaking any rules other than the tires.

Its not a truggy. It has a full length frame under it. Its not dovetailed.

Sure the end corners are rounded off more or less, but that's no deal breaker

These are dovetails

Yes it has a channel running down the middle. It also has a fake fuel cell. Nothing illegal about either
Old 02-19-2011, 01:29 PM   #112
bsn
Quarry Creeper

The wreckluse is a class 3 rig correct? It would be the no c-channel thing.
bsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 02:25 PM   #113
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsn View Post
The wreckluse is a class 3 rig correct? It would be the no c-channel thing.
Yep, class 3 only.
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:00 PM   #114
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
I have read over these rules and thought about them alot.

First, Congrats to the rules committee... You guys did an outstanding job. You deserve an attaboy!

As for the idiot (dingo2010) that went on and on for pages about how there were only two tires that were 2.2 and fit in the rules... First, stop being a retard. buy some 1.9, or 1.5 wheels and tires if your to damn lazy to search. Dont worry tho, I will make it easier for you. (tho I have a feeling that people doing all the work for you is why we are having this problem).
Here...

**ULTIMATE TIRE SIZE LISTING**

for further help, go here douche.

http://www.google.com

Now, stop being a cry baby and do work, or quit. No one likes to hear your stupid rant anyway jerk, so get with the program or beat it.

As to anyone else that wants to whine and cry about the rules... EFF OFF... seriously, you little babies are never happy until every little thing is scewed in your favor. Deal with it, either upgrade, or downgrade your rig to make it fit into the class that best suits you. I remember being told a long time ago that crawlers had to have really high turn motors for torque and that brushless would never work... yeah, tell that to my novak ballistic 5.5 turn on 3s lipo bolted to a axial tranny driving venom axles... I built the rig that I wanted, the way I wanted... And I proceeded to drive the shit out of it. I really dont care what anyone thinks about my hybrid rig, its not for them... Its for me.

If you want to comp... THEN FOLLOW THE RULES.

If you dont want to follow the rules then I would suggest that you not freaking comp. Go join a club that only does trail rides. its lots of fun and you can have whatever type of rig you want.

wow einstein, you really hurt my feelings. I guess I should do like you, and go to the local hobby shop buy a rtr and take it to a comp, how original, why didn't I think of that. I guess I could put the plastic 1.9's back and go comp with the rest of the store bought rigs. I thought I would sit back and be quiet, until your post came along. Now take the eraser out of your ear, get a calculator or an abacus and go figure out what scale size means genius. That was the whole point I was trying to make. A 1/4 scale vehicle will take larger wheels and tires to look scale, than 1/100 scale will. Is that clear enough for you. Here is a website for you incase you don't have any math skills, you can just plug in the numbers and like magic it will give you an answer.

http://jbwid.com/scalcalc.htm
dingo2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:23 PM   #115
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
While I wholey see your point. I don't see.the honcho as breaking any rules other than the tires.

These are dovetails

Yes it has a channel running down the middle. It also has a fake fuel cell. Nothing illegal about either

They all have a fake fuel cell, they are electric, and why are you questioning the rules, I thought you said that they were great.
dingo2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:34 PM   #116
Suck it up!

Quote:

Do you have a reading comprehension deficiency? When it says the bed must be full width down the entire length, it means it has to be full width down the entire length. Cutting the corners at the rear means that the bed is not full width down the entire length.

We're not talking about fuel cells or channels either. We're talking about the height of the "flat" portion of the bed. Flatbeds sit right on or slightly above the frame rails, not halfway up the back of the cab. The Honcho "flatbed" is really nothing more than really high, long, and open wheel wells on each side of a narrow floor.

Last edited by Duuuuuuuude; 02-19-2011 at 03:36 PM.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:12 PM   #117
Rock Stacker

I am building a top truck. if i build it to c2 or c3 rules can i run it in both?
bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:45 PM   #118
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingo2010 View Post
wow einstein, you really hurt my feelings. I guess I should do like you, and go to the local hobby shop buy a rtr and take it to a comp, how original, why didn't I think of that. I guess I could put the plastic 1.9's back and go comp with the rest of the store bought rigs. I thought I would sit back and be quiet, until your post came along. Now take the eraser out of your ear, get a calculator or an abacus and go figure out what scale size means genius. That was the whole point I was trying to make. A 1/4 scale vehicle will take larger wheels and tires to look scale, than 1/100 scale will. Is that clear enough for you. Here is a website for you incase you don't have any math skills, you can just plug in the numbers and like magic it will give you an answer.

http://jbwid.com/scalcalc.htm
Your an idiot an nobody likes you. Either follow the advice listed above and go search/ buy some tires that will fit. (Just saying... I searched for all of 1 minute and found 4 more than you did) or expect to get reamed for being a tard.

See below for how its supposed to be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Do you have a reading comprehension deficiency? When it says the bed must be full width down the entire length, it means it has to be full width down the entire length. Cutting the corners at the rear means that the bed is not full width down the entire length.

We're not talking about fuel cells or channels either. We're talking about the height of the "flat" portion of the bed. Flatbeds sit right on or slightly above the frame rails, not halfway up the back of the cab. The Honcho "flatbed" is really nothing more than really high, long, and open wheel wells on each side of a narrow floor.
I do like the new rules. You are absolutely correct. I'm an idiot.

Fact is, the honcho does not fit into class one for more than just the tires. Even tho I don't see the bed as a big deal on the honcho, the rules are the rules and it is not legal.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:52 PM   #119
I wanna be Dave

The rules are written specifically so the Honcho WON'T fit into Class 1. Class 1 is for super-detailed, less capable, daily-driver type rigs. That's not a Honcho.

Honcho runs in Class 2 with the other Honchos.
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 06:55 PM   #120
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart View Post
I am building a top truck. if i build it to c2 or c3 rules can i run it in both?
You could run a class 2 legal truck in both 2 and 3..

a Class 3 truck could not run any other class..

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/scale-comp-rules/297817-updated-revised-sorrca-rules-specs.html
Posted By For Type Date
Updated and Revised SORRCA Rules This thread Refback 10-04-2011 07:16 PM