LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2011, 04:30 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Must be all custom built from scratch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jslick View Post
Complete Custom built body:
(metal or hard plastic, no lexan) full
4, Cab 2 (in addition to hard body points)

Ok need claification on this. Can you take an existing hard body and rework it by lenghtening or shortening it, dove tailing to fit this category or is strictly all styrene original work? I need input from the rule makers on this only.

Thanks John

War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2011, 06:34 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Thanks for the info.
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:37 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by neillarson View Post
Just a quick question. A gate consists of 2 "markers" or flags. If you hit one, it is a penalty. If you at the same time or afterwards, hit the other marker on the same gate is it another penalty?

My interpretation is once a gate maker penalty is assessed, it doesn't matter if you hit the other maker. SOme in our club disagree and penalized twice, cone for each maker when both were hit. As a gate is the space between and the 2 markers, it seems that only one penalty could be assigned.

"Gate Marker: (10 pts each) each gate will be comprised of 2 gate markers. Points are given when all wheels do not travel between gate markers or any part of the vehicle, driver, a tow strap or winch line touches a gate marker. A gate marker will remain "live" for the entire duration of the attempt on the course. Once any gate marker has been touched or straddled, no more penalties will be given for that gate marker. Only when a gate penalty is assessed will that gate marker be deemed "dead". No further penalties will be assessed at this point for that gate marker."
All gate markers (or flags) are live at all times. If you drive over one gate marker and then roll over and hit the other gate marker it is 20 points.
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:49 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Default Re: *2011 SORCCA Course points and penalties*

Did you guys ever considered leaving out of the format, the whole pointing out during a scale event?

I dig the class rules but, event rules that are pretty much copied from USRCCA comp rules seems to me a bit too harsh of a penalty.

Our local Club tried a similar format a couple of years ago, where a driver would be on course winching away and there are 30 other drivers behind waiting for a long time and then to get pointed out is disappointing and frustrating.

That is one of the many reasons so many drivers have left the sport, 18 minutes of driving on an 8 hour day is kinda of a waste of time. We use to get 40 or 50+ drivers and now is about 15 on average.

Drive time, this is where the Recon G6's shine and you guys should consider this, the QUALITY DRIVING EXPERIENCE!

That is my 2 cents.

Last edited by Waiting Dragon; 02-15-2012 at 10:52 PM.
Waiting Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:13 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: *2011 SORCCA Course points and penalties*

Third sentance in the opening paragraph... It is up to the local clubs. At a major event,it is necesary to have a point out/time out if you intend on getting 50-75 people threw the coarses

"SORRCA is proud to release the 2011 seasons course points and penalties. We appreciate everyone's patience with us as we finished these up. We as a committee decided for the 2011 season, to leave point outs up to the clubs. We do suggest that clubs use a a point out value range between 60-80 for a max point out."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting Dragon View Post
Did you guys ever considered leaving out of the format, the whole pointing out during a scale event?

I dig the class rules but, event rules that are pretty much copied from USRCCA comp rules seems to me a bit too harsh of a penalty.

Our local Club tried a similar format a couple of years ago, where a driver would be on course winching away and there are 30 other drivers behind waiting for a long time and then to get pointed out is disappointing and frustrating.

That is one of the many reasons so many drivers have left the sport, 18 minutes of driving on an 8 hour day is kinda of a waste of time. We use to get 40 or 50+ drivers and now is about 15 on average.

Drive time, this is where the Recon G6's shine and you guys should consider this, the QUALITY DRIVING EXPERIENCE!

That is my 2 cents.
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote