RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Scale Comp Rules (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/scale-comp-rules/)
-   -   Knuckle weights? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/scale-comp-rules/335313-knuckle-weights.html)

EvilTwin v2 09-05-2011 06:27 AM

Knuckle weights?

I've started to see knuckle weights popping up on some of the scalers. There's nothing in the rules against them, but I really don't see big brass knuckle weights as being scale. Any thoughts?

JesterSpec 09-05-2011 06:46 AM

The ones I've seen look a lot like discs from disc brakes.

sloppy 09-05-2011 07:44 AM

paint them black call them brake drums get points for them..:flipoff:

I dont have a problem with them..

Jslick 09-05-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sloppy (Post 3264599)
paint them black call them brake drums get points for them..:flipoff:

I dont have a problem with them..

That is a great idea, more points for me."thumbsup"

Szczerba 09-05-2011 12:50 PM

I don't see a problem with them but I know alot would probaby disagree. I do like the disc brake idea!

When I ran dig in my exo-caged toyota, most guys would whine and bitch about how it wasn't scale. I just think they were jealous! :mrgreen:

War Pig 09-05-2011 02:56 PM

I'd give points for knuckle weights as long as the look like brake drums or rotors. They would have to be painted silver or black.....not many brass brakes out there on a 1:1.

I don't know how I feel about allowing knuckle weights that are brass and huge......not too scale looking to me.

sloppy 09-06-2011 05:45 AM

So let me see if I have this.. If its brass its bad but if its black or chrome its OK??

I am pretty sure you can go to any custom truck show anywhere and see the entire crayola box of colors under 1:1 trucks, gold, silver, red, blue, pink pick a color some one has painted some part of his truck that color.. brake drums/rotor dust shields would be no exception to that..

We have rigs running green/red/gold/blue anodized knuckles, links, C's, ETC.. and brass is a problem??

I will be honest I am not a huge fan of the brass color. But I am not a fan of the rainbow warrior anodized crap either. I sure dont think there needs to be a rule about the color of parts on a truck..

Hell knuckle weights look allot more scale then back flipping trucks, or a winch that can dangle a truck like a fish..

War Pig 09-06-2011 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sloppy (Post 3266195)
So let me see if I have this.. If its brass its bad but if its black or chrome its OK??

Yep.

Jslick 09-06-2011 09:21 AM

Does anyone make said knuckle weights?

EvilTwin v2 09-06-2011 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jslick (Post 3266417)
Does anyone make said knuckle weights?

D'Lux weights + Krylon. "thumbsup"

sloppy 09-06-2011 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by War Pig (Post 3266258)
Yep.

what about neon red?? is that OK? Or just the approved color list :flipoff:

War Pig 09-06-2011 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sloppy (Post 3266695)
what about neon red?? is that OK? Or just the approved color list :flipoff:

Nope, just my approved colors:

-silver
-black

:flipoff:

C*H*U*D 09-07-2011 01:28 PM

I don't think it's the full spectrum of colors under a full size rig that matters, but rather the scale appearance. I think if they are made to look like discs then it's fine, but I'd hate to see VP or D'lux weights (no offense to those two companies by the way) start showing up just because they are available for the Wraith.

I also agree that they should be silver (rotors) or black (drums).

War Pig 09-07-2011 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C*H*U*D (Post 3268571)
I don't think it's the full spectrum of colors under a full size rig that matters, but rather the scale appearance. I think if they are made to look like discs then it's fine, but I'd hate to see VP or D'lux weights (no offense to those two companies by the way) start showing up just because they are available for the Wraith.

I also agree that they should be silver (rotors) or black (drums).

Nice.......somebody gets it "thumbsup".

toy4crawlin 09-08-2011 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Szczerba (Post 3265033)
I don't see a problem with them but I know alot would probaby disagree. I do like the disc brake idea!

When I ran dig in my exo-caged toyota, most guys would whine and bitch about how it wasn't scale. I just think they were jealous! :mrgreen:

Quote:

Originally Posted by War Pig (Post 3268909)
Nice.......somebody gets it "thumbsup".

X2 . I like the idea.
Especially if the front face would look like a drilled rotor8)
Going to see what I can do with my new Mill:mrgreen:

Erik D_lux 09-08-2011 07:47 PM

Does this help?

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...i/100_2329.jpg

Cave Dave 09-08-2011 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik D_lux (Post 3270622)

Do you have a pic from the back side of the wheel?

dstrbd1 09-08-2011 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Szczerba (Post 3265033)

How is it not scale? Atlas gives you front dig in 1:1. So do a few other T-case setups.

Erik D_lux 09-09-2011 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Dave (Post 3270823)
Do you have a pic from the back side of the wheel?

No, sorry. I cant actually give too much info just yet.

ecoli 09-09-2011 09:58 AM

Dig is allowed in Class 3, as is rear steer. Both are seen on 1:1 rigs, which is why we allowed it.

I have no problem with the knuckle weights, if they're painted silver or black. Fancy paint jobs on brake rotors/drums aren't usually seen on trail rigs. Again, keep in mind that the rules state there is discretion of the organizer that can come into play. Obviously, don't show up at Tim's comps with any brake rotor/drum colour other than black or silver, or you'll be taking those knuckle weights off :D!