Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Scale Comp Rules

Notices

Thread: Flatbed Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2011, 06:43 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Flatbed Rules

Could someone help clarify the SORRCA ruling about flatbeds? Got me confused. They say the bed has to be the cab width all the way down the bed. Does this mean if has chamfered corners at the back, it is not a flatbed? If it is not, does it count as a tube bed/flatbed?
mless is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2011, 11:21 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

The whole reason for the "must be cab width all the way to the back" is just so people that want to build a "cheater" class 1 truck can't. If somebody built a truly scale looking flatbed with angled rear corners, I for one am not going to tell him it isn't legal. As long as it looks good and you are obviously not trying to cut corners, I see no problem with what you're wanting to do.
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:53 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post
The whole reason for the "must be cab width all the way to the back" is just so people that want to build a "cheater" class 1 truck can't. If somebody built a truly scale looking flatbed with angled rear corners, I for one am not going to tell him it isn't legal. As long as it looks good and you are obviously not trying to cut corners, I see no problem with what you're wanting to do.
So if I was building an obvious Class 2 rig and not trying to sneak into Class 1, it doesnt really apply then?
Old 09-29-2011, 09:11 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

You know, I was just re-reading the posted rules. They got a little bit turned around because the flatbed rule was intended mostly for class 1. A class 2 rig doesn't have to have a bed at all. The flatbed rule of being as wide as the cab should be for receiving scale points. So if you want to do a flatbed, but don't want it to be the width of the cab, you can still do it (in class 2) but won't receive scale points for it. We will rewrite the rules to make them more clear in our revision in the next few months. Thanks, Tim.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:43 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post
You know, I was just re-reading the posted rules. They got a little bit turned around because the flatbed rule was intended mostly for class 1. A class 2 rig doesn't have to have a bed at all. The flatbed rule of being as wide as the cab should be for receiving scale points. So if you want to do a flatbed, but don't want it to be the width of the cab, you can still do it (in class 2) but won't receive scale points for it. We will rewrite the rules to make them more clear in our revision in the next few months. Thanks, Tim.
Ok, that makes more sense. What about a tube bed though? You would still get 3 scale points even if its not a full width bed right?
Old 09-29-2011, 03:21 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Yeah, kinda screwy huh? It's really difficult to write the rules so people get points that they deserve without making it as thick as a phone book.

Last edited by War Pig; 09-29-2011 at 03:24 PM.