RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Scale Comp Rules (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/scale-comp-rules/)
-   -   winch use and roll over points question........... (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/scale-comp-rules/376688-winch-use-roll-over-points-question.html)

bob1961 04-05-2012 03:37 PM

winch use and roll over points question...........

i'm reading the scale rules and don't see an answer for roll overs using a winch instead of using your hand to roll back on 4 wheels....i built hooks on my beds roll bar to use my winch line to right my truck when on it's side, the rules says this....

Quote:

Rollover: (+5pts) Points are given when a vehicle rolls over and cannot be corrected without touching. Once the vehicle has stopped it may be rolled back onto it's wheels and a +5 point penalty shall be given. Vehicles that land back on their wheels without assistance are not penalized. No reverse penalties will be awarded until the vehicle is righted. The vehicle may at no time be lifted, slid or moved in any way other than a smooth, continuous roll to the left or right side only. Any other manipulation or movement of the vehicle will be considered a "vehicle touch" penalty.
1st red sentence - i wouldn't be touching it to roll it over, but using my winch which doesn't get touch points using it....

2nd red sentence - again i wouldn't be assisting it with a touch by hand....

3rd red sentence - since i'll be using my winch this should apply as well....

any thoughts on this, i know the clock will still be running....but my thought building the hooks on my roll bar is to eliminate the roll over and touch points since i won't need to touch my truck to right it back on all 4 wheels....since using my winch excludes those points when using the winch....maybe this wasn't thought of when the rules were made up, but i would like to know what i'll be good for when this happens.........bob

War Pig 04-05-2012 04:14 PM

Re: winch use and roll over points question...........

So you are really over thinking this :mrgreen:. If you roll over and use your winch to right yourself it's a winch penalty (+2). If you use your hand/foot/radio/a stick etc to roll your rig back on its tires, it's a roll penalty (+5).

bob1961 04-05-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by War Pig (Post 3669005)
So you are really over thinking this :mrgreen:. If you roll over and use your winch to right yourself it's a winch penalty (+2). If you use your hand/foot/radio/a stick etc to roll your rig back on its tires, it's a roll penalty (+5).

yeah that's how i was reading it, but ya know how grey areas get abused and people are saying i'm looking for loop holes in the rules :lmao: thx WP "thumbsup" .........bob

War Pig 04-05-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob1961 (Post 3669081)
yeah that's how i was reading it, but ya know how grey areas get abused and people are saying i'm looking for loop holes in the rules :lmao: thx WP "thumbsup" .........bob

I can't tell everyone what to use their winch for, just what the penalty is for using it....gotta leave some decisions up to the drivers "thumbsup".

ROCKEDUP RICKY 04-05-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob1961 (Post 3669081)

There is no gray areas if you don't look. If you look ,maybe you're a little shady. :ror:

bob1961 04-09-2012 09:06 AM

not shady here my friend, i don't need to be shady to beat any body "thumbsup" ....there is way more satifaction beating some body fair and square then cheating any day ;-) .......bob

ROCKEDUP RICKY 04-09-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob1961 (Post 3674672)
not shady here my friend, i don't need to be shady to beat any body "thumbsup" ....there is way more satifaction beating some body fair and square then cheating any day ;-) .......bob

I'm just messing with you."thumbsup"

Jslick 04-09-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob1961 (Post 3674672)

To beat someone bob you have to show up at a comp. :twisted:

bob1961 04-09-2012 09:09 PM

i'm letting ya guys get yer conifdence up 1st :lmao: .......bob

Jslick 04-10-2012 01:30 PM

"thumbsup"