Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Scale Comp Rules

Notices

Thread: Some rules questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2012, 01:06 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Some rules questions

the question is to "Your axles must be driven by one transmission or transfer case and a minimum of two driveshafts (except CC-01, TA-02, etc) No separate throttle control of drive shafts or axles. " I read this last year before I started getting more serious into Rc crawling and Was wondering,

1 Can I have a transmission into a transfer case like most of rc4wd trucks?

2 Would I be disqualified showing up to a scale event with a 2wd scale truck with straight front/rear axle due to the single Driveshaft?

3 is running a dual Dig system for locking or opening up rear and front at any time or is it for Rear only?

4 I figured I would ask this here also, In Would a servo that can move a weight internally to better lean the truck into a turn or away from a hole be allowed or against rules?

5 Do active suspensions or hydraulic give a penalty when used?

thanks again in advance
Absurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2012, 10:41 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Some rules questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
the question is to "Your axles must be driven by one transmission or transfer case and a minimum of two driveshafts (except CC-01, TA-02, etc) No separate throttle control of drive shafts or axles. " I read this last year before I started getting more serious into Rc crawling and Was wondering,

1 Can I have a transmission into a transfer case like most of rc4wd trucks?

2 Would I be disqualified showing up to a scale event with a 2wd scale truck with straight front/rear axle due to the single Driveshaft?

3 is running a dual Dig system for locking or opening up rear and front at any time or is it for Rear only?

4 I figured I would ask this here also, In Would a servo that can move a weight internally to better lean the truck into a turn or away from a hole be allowed or against rules?

5 Do active suspensions or hydraulic give a penalty when used?

thanks again in advance
1. Yes
2. No, but you would get your ass handed to you. This rule was made to keep "dig" out of Class 1 and 2.
3. Not positive what you're asking here.
4. As long as it was hidden I suppose it would be legal. Dumb, but not illegal. Why not just build a cool rig and learn to drive it?
5. Its not really talked about in the rules, I'll have to think about that. I suppose that if you hooked your winch to the front axle and winched it down then it would be a penalty. Are active suspensions or hydraulics really scale?
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:28 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

to the answer on 2 I mean would a rear wheel drive with straight free spin axle but I can see what you mean by it.

3 Basically making a dig trans on two sides so I can lock up the front to have the back dig out or scoot over "instead of pushing against a rock and putting stress on the axle and tire", while still having the option to lock up the rear for normal dig? Reason, We do alot of snake twist at angles and locking the front would swing the rear down hill to allow to walk through gate without taking the reverse penalty, and still able to use dig to turn out of things later in the course.

5 yes actually, some military one of which I am currently using has active suspensions in the 1:1, as well as living on the west coast most my life there are tons of trucks and cars with hydraulics that ride on the road, while technically not legal to use while driving but you can lock them and drive at a ride height you prefer. And I am only asking these so I know what not to do in my truck I am building.
Absurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:04 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
to the answer on 2 I mean would a rear wheel drive with straight free spin axle but I can see what you mean by it.

3 Basically making a dig trans on two sides so I can lock up the front to have the back dig out or scoot over "instead of pushing against a rock and putting stress on the axle and tire", while still having the option to lock up the rear for normal dig? Reason, We do alot of snake twist at angles and locking the front would swing the rear down hill to allow to walk through gate without taking the reverse penalty, and still able to use dig to turn out of things later in the course.

5 yes actually, some military one of which I am currently using has active suspensions in the 1:1, as well as living on the west coast most my life there are tons of trucks and cars with hydraulics that ride on the road, while technically not legal to use while driving but you can lock them and drive at a ride height you prefer. And I am only asking these so I know what not to do in my truck I am building.
3. I suppose that would be fine, but it sounds like a lot of extra parts to have just to save one point.

5. If you build a scale replica Of the 1:1 then sure. If you're building a Toyota then that doesn't sound very scale.

The reason for these rules is to "guide" people to build scale trucks that are cool and realistic. We're trying to stay away from having a giant book of rules and taking the fun out of it. If you're trying to push the rules and get an unfair advantage over other people in your class then maybe you should go join the pro comp guys....just an observation.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:18 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

He is just simply asking the extent of the rule not trying to get an unfair advantage. And if it's not the rule book they shouldnt be a penalize you for it because there's no rules against it.
cotyhamlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 10:40 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Wow, 2 1/2 year old thread! The rules have changed a bit sir.....

Some rules questions - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MOA versus driveshaft/transmission ctracy Newbie General 50 07-24-2010 04:50 PM
scx-10 driveshaft questions... mcreil41 Axial SCX-10 2 12-31-2009 06:27 AM
transmission/driveshaft help mudslinger74 General Crawlers 1 01-19-2008 03:00 PM
Transmission/Diff questions Yeeharacing Newbie General 2 12-06-2007 08:20 PM
Driveshaft Questions Got Rocks? Newbie General 2 01-14-2006 04:12 PM