Thread: 2013 scale rules discussion or question thead

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 08:39 PM   #321
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: 2013 scale rules discussion or question thead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING View Post
I don't see many plastic ones either.
I don't build plastic scale rigs, I build them out of steel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublej View Post
I don't think anyone's little voice is talking to them. They are scared to build within the rules provided.
Over the last 6 months there has been nothing but "rules say x min width but that rig is illegal because I don't think it looks right" or now " I can buy a Delrin chassis from a active vendor but I can't build the same thing with my hacksaw and hand drill because I don't want to weld or braze."

Rules are meant to level the playing field not control how a rig looks off my opinion vs another builders. But here we are limiting through option instead of opening up to new active members, vendors, and supporting creativity.

This community is going to start to grow stagnant if we do not find a way to together.
The rules are layed out in front of you and are meant to be as simple and easy to follow as possible. We can add a bunch more rules and try to cover every bit of gray area possible (actually we can't) but I don't think anyone wants that. This is about fun. Everyone knows what a scale truck looks like, you all know that they are mostly steel. Build them for looks and not performance first and everything will be fine.
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2013, 08:42 PM   #322
I wanna be Dave

I don't believe anyone here has said you can't build your CF chassis as long as it fits within the guidelines. The only thing I've heard is "why would you want to?"
My opinion is it isn't scale, but like I said that's my opinion and not the rule.
bmuzz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:57 PM   #323
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING View Post
No toy will ever perform like a real vehicle. Performance is what this hobby is all about for some people.
Your right, performance is what it's about for some people and for others it's about trying to make your toy truck perform like a real truck. It is possible to achieve performance without sacrificing scale realism it's just not gonna weigh 6 pounds.
bmuzz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:05 PM   #324
I wanna be Dave

You just laid it out perfectly WarPig: "This is all about FUN."

Everyone can not agree what is scale. We show photos of skinny rigs and still get voted out. I could post an all ally square tube rig with a motor at each wheel. But the rules limits me by having separate controls for each axle more or less each wheel.

At the end of the day how I build my rig should not matter to anyone one bit. What should matter is we all have fun with the rigs we enjoy building and driving. If my rig out preforms yours then don't follow me. No one is asking for harder courses at national events and we have all seen who runs hard courses at local events on the regular.

If my style of building or toy trucks forbids you from shaking my hand next time we meet - Im not sorry for building what I like, I am sorry we couldn't enjoy the same rocks.
doublej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:08 AM   #325
Pebble Pounder

I would like to thank the Scale Committee for all their hard work and time put into the changes and time it took away from their familys and new builds. I may not agreed with all the the changes but you guys listened, dicussed and voted trying to make everyone happy(which is an impossible task). I thank you for the time and efforts. The rules will always have grey areas our judicial system proofs that, play fair and most of all have fun!
teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:12 AM   #326
I wanna be Dave

Thanks Gus, hope to see you at a comp or two this year....possibly OR vs WA up at the lake?
Old 02-02-2013, 10:45 AM   #327
Old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post
Thanks Gus, hope to see you at a comp or two this year....possibly OR vs WA up at the lake?
or PA.

2013 RC4WD East Coast Scale Challenge (August 23-25)
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:03 AM   #328
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post

You bet! You guys had your hands full this year. I am looking for to doing some scaling with you again this year. Definitely WA vs OR Need our trophy back. Maybe I can sneak down to your hood this spring as well.
teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:34 PM   #329
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by teague View Post
You bet! You guys had your hands full this year. I am looking for to doing some scaling with you again this year. Definitely WA vs OR Need our trophy back. Maybe I can sneak down to your hood this spring as well.
Road trip Gus lets Do it!!
baddman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:40 PM   #330
j22
Rock Stacker

So i was wondering on the 7 inchs inside of tire to inside of tire rule. So that means no wraith or wraith axled vehicles. Thanks

Last edited by j22; 02-12-2013 at 06:44 PM.
j22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:28 PM   #331
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by j22 View Post
So i was wondering on the 7 inchs inside of tire to inside of tire rule. So that means no wraith or wraith axled vehicles. Thanks
Incorrect, that was just an example. See the rule below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SORRCA
The distance between the inside of the tires (of any axle) can be no greater than 1.25" more than the width of the body at the doors.
Highmark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:28 PM   #332
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by j22 View Post
No, the rule for C3 is that the body has to be within 1.25" of the inside of tire to inside of tire. So if your track width inside to inside is 7" the minimum body width would be 5.75". Make sense?
R2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:35 PM   #333
j22
Rock Stacker

Thanks guys, just wasn't sure on that rule thanks again for the info...
j22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:42 PM   #334
I wanna be Dave

So, with the release of the Twin Hammer, where does it fit in? I know it does not have frame rails per se & I don't think that should be the deciding factor for this rig. It looks a hell of a lot realer than some pics in that "wow, that's an rc" thread.

It has the newer C3 ultra4 look but with the size of a C2 honcho.

We are running a C2 comp this Sat. & will let them run.
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:38 PM   #335
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISTURBIN' tha PEACE View Post
So, with the release of the Twin Hammer, where does it fit in? I know it does not have frame rails per se & I don't think that should be the deciding factor for this rig. It looks a hell of a lot realer than some pics in that "wow, that's an rc" thread.

I think this rig is in a class of its own and is better suited in a different course setting. A few of our club guys have them and one on the way for me but we are planing on a Rock / Ralley Race type of course. One things for sure is you are absolutely right about the apperance of the rig and some other rigs I see on RCC.
finishline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:46 PM   #336
Old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISTURBIN' tha PEACE View Post

I think it's a great G6 rig, it don't really fit in with the 10 gate type competition to me. It's great to let them run in your club, but it doesn't fit in the rules for a National event. Just my opinion.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:06 PM   #337
I wanna be Dave

I would say that it's going to have to be a Class 3 rig for now. Can't really let a rig like that run in Class 2.

G6 + Twin Hammer = FUN!
Old 02-14-2013, 11:01 PM   #338
My vendor status has been revoked

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublej View Post
No matter how the rules are written you will always have grey area unless class1 is only TF2, class2 honcho, and class3 wraith.
wouldnt there still TECHNICALLY be a grey area...shouldn't the wraith not be a class 3?

Class-3 “Modified”
• Description - An off-road vehicle that you would BUILD FROM THE GROUND UP and might see in a TTC/KOH type competition.

yea the 1:1 that the wraith was modelled after was built from the ground up but theres no effort to assembling a kit or just pulling a RTR out of the box..

oh and I dont care... just wanted to throw another stick on the fire lol
summitcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:07 PM   #339
I wanna be Dave

Class1 says street legal or something you would drive to work. Would you ride a tf2 to work?

The correlation being that it's in reference to 1:1.
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:34 PM   #340
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by summitcrawler View Post

wouldnt there still TECHNICALLY be a grey area...shouldn't the wraith not be a class 3?

Class-3 “Modified”
• Description - An off-road vehicle that you would BUILD FROM THE GROUND UP and might see in a TTC/KOH type competition.

yea the 1:1 that the wraith was modelled after was built from the ground up but theres no effort to assembling a kit or just pulling a RTR out of the box..

oh and I dont care... just wanted to throw another stick on the fire lol
No idea where your going with that or what stick your trying to throw on the fire.
I won't try and debate if building a kit is hard or easy - everyone's skill set is deferent.
Past that - a wraith could be a street legal 1:1 that I could and would drive 45min to work every day.
Making each class a specific brand and rig as I stated takes all the grey area out of the class terms and subtracts all fun from the day of crawling.
No sure how you took it but that's what was meant - sorry to confuse you.
doublej is offline   Reply With Quote

2013 scale rules discussion or question thead - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
koh rules 2013 discussion thread thomass14 North Dakota 19 07-28-2016 06:24 PM
2013 SORRCA Scale rules War Pig Scale Comp Rules 19 02-11-2014 03:38 PM