Notices

Thread: 2013 scale rules discussion or question thead

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 06:11 PM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: 2013 scale rules discussion or question thead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Ok....holy potential high score for a broken truck....
Yup, you definitely want to keep your rig in one piece.
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2013, 06:13 PM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post
Yup, you definitely want to keep your rig in one piece.
Or at least kick it across the start line....
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:42 PM   #43
www.team3sixrc.com

Way to go Jeremy, very mature of you and way to be a roll model.

I suppose the best way for you to justify your attack on a member asking a legitimate question is to use the excuse of how I impacted the Comp rules section.
(Which for the record, I was trying to bring to all of you the attention of sponsors continued support of your events. Without naming names. I will admit I let it get out of hand, but all of you comp guys just do what you always do when someone has an interest in your events. Be assholes and discourage future growth)
But if this is how you justify your actions. I should expect as much from someone who could care less or not if the USRCCA events were sponsored or not.

My point was, and still is the JK aftermarket Tube fenders are actually mounted to the body and do serve a purpose.

Quote:

Just about as helpful as you were in some of the comp rule discussions...
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:45 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post
I suppose the best way for you to justify your attack...
"attack"?

You are a nutjob....

It's funny how you talk down on people who participate in comps, yet you fail to realize just how similar these rule discussions are to those of the comp guys.

If you want to be able to tape some tube to a plastic body and call it a "tube fender" then go right ahead....

Quote:
I should expect as much from someone who could care less or not if the USRCCA events were sponsored or not.
You sure do make a lot of off the wall assumptions about what I think and believe.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #45
Rock Stacker

Quote:
My point was, and still is the JK aftermarket Tube fenders are actually mounted to the body and do serve a purpose.

Maybe a better way would to allow bolt on tube fenders on c-1 and attached to chassis tube fenders in c-2 and c-3...Do that and i think it would be more to real 1:1 rigs...
cherokee pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:55 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Hey, check out my sweet tube fenders:

THAT is how I "justify my actions"....
Old 01-06-2013, 07:13 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Maybe just eliminating tube fender points altogether would be best.
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:36 PM   #48
RCC Addict

Quote:
What good are tube fenders mounted to the fender sheet metal? Do they help keep shopping carts off the body panels at the grocery store? Maybe I can get some for my wife's Corolla...
Uh i agree that on the rc rigs they should be mounted to chassis for the points to count......

as for your comment above..... what you are talking about? Tube fenders mounted on the JK are actually quite strong and work well.... should be since they have been putting them on not only TJs but YJs also and have worked great so far on those rigs also

I run the Trail Head Off Road original 1/4 in THOR corner guards on my Xj. Its mounted to just the sheet metal on a unibody rig and I have set the entire rig on just the corners and holds up just fine and surprisingly stronger than most tube fenders ive seen out on the trails mounted to the chassis..... so it does quite a bit more than just protect it from shopping carts i would say. So like oh em gee

Last edited by JokersWild; 01-06-2013 at 07:41 PM.
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:37 PM   #49
www.team3sixrc.com

Jeremy, yes attack. No reason to respond to that member with your smart ass remarks.
If it makes you feel more of a man to call me a "nut Job"
Im fine with that.
Just dont come here acting as a spokesman for the scale rules with the attitude as if your king shit responding with some immature remark about something you obviously dont know anything about.

I posted several pictures of tube fenders and what a tube fender Looks like.
If you disagree with that, well that is your opinion.

Dont use my past attitude with you or your buddies be a reason for such remarks.

Regarding my comment about your stance on sponsor's.
In a P.M. Between you and I. I explained to my plight on the USRCCA rules.
You then stated that you were aware of the situation of the sponsors lack of interest in sponsoring future USRCCA events and that the USRCCA events would do just fine without the sponsors as it has in the past.

Now I might be wrong in how to take that remark. But to me it seems as if you really could care about sponsors continued support.

I think I have quite earned my position and stance when it comes to the dedication and respect to the sponsors and their continued support in any and all crawler activity(s). Event's or on RCCrawler.

I would expect of you being a senior member of RCC and your comitment to crawling to respond to members in a supportive fashion in the hope of supporting growth in our hobby.

Quote:
"attack"?

You are a nutjob....

It's funny how you talk down on people who participate in comps, yet you fail to realize just how similar these rule discussions are to those of the comp guys.

If you want to be able to tape some tube to a plastic body and call it a "tube fender" then go right ahead....

You sure do make a lot of off the wall assumptions about what I think and believe.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:46 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Just dont come here acting as a spokesman for the scale rules with the attitude as if your king shit responding with some immature remark about something you obviously dont know anything about.
Ha! And what makes you think I know nothing about them? I am well aware of what a sheet metal mounted tube flare looks like and all of the body damage that they have the potential to cause......I've been wheeling jeeps for the past 20 years.

Quote:
Now I might be wrong in how to take that remark.
You are.

Quote:
I would expect of you being a senior member of RCC and your comitment to crawling to respond to members in a supportive fashion in the hope of supporting growth in our hobby.
You have no idea the amount of work I put into the growth of this hobby.... don't pretend to know that you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokersWild View Post
I run the Trail Head Off Road original 1/4 in THOR corner guards on my Xj. Its mounted to just the sheet metal on a unibody rig and I have set the entire rig on just the corners and holds up just fine and surprisingly stronger than most tube fenders ive seen out on the trails mounted to the chassis..... so it does quite a bit more than just protect it from shopping carts i would say. So like oh em gee
"Corner guard" is a LOT different than "tube fender" As you know, what you run on your XJ is a FULL BODY PANEL.....not tube bolted to the sheet metal.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:01 PM   #51
www.team3sixrc.com

By the way, with all due respect. that is not a tube fender, its a rail.
It forms 0 support as acting as a tube fender.

Wiki Definition: (now I know this is Wiki's definition but still pretty to the point)
Tube Fender is the US English term for the part of an off-road vehicle body that frames a wheel well front and rear while providing protection of mud and debris. As well as providing protection against rocks and trees.

My definition is:
A tube made of steel or aluminum pipe with steel or aluminum sheet mounted to the tube and bolting to the body or chassis of a 4x4 vehicle replacing the existing stock fender. They bolt to the body and in some cases to new or existing fender wells.
A tube fender is made up of one top and one side to provide protection from mud and slide against rocks.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:05 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

What I pictured is no different than what is pictured in the first image in post #13...
Old 01-06-2013, 08:32 PM   #53
Quarry Creeper

hey tim Im with you on eliminating tube fender points. it is one point for a pair anyway. the rc bodies arent like sheetmetal 1 to 1s so IMO it falls under the rc car difference rules. the fact that a straight peice of brass passed as a tube fender at nats was rediculous. I had metal ones welded to the bumpers and sliders but hidden under the body and got crap about them being legal. I think it needs to be either chassis mounted or incorporated into a sheet metal peice bolted to the body with a it filled by sheetmetal on top as well like the ones pictured from team 36. but the single tube mounted to a hard or lexan body isnt good enough.
wheelinjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:38 PM   #54
www.team3sixrc.com

Jeremy,
I never once said that truck should be considered a legal tube fender.
It was a point that Tim made and Obviously was a point among the Committee members.

As a matter a fact, I talked to Tim for a half hour about this on the phone after that was posted and was pretty ashamed that someone actually passed that as a tube Fender.
I would never allow that to be a Tube Fender ever.

But this is not the issue, The only reason this is becoming an issue is because its me talking to you about it.
That's your battle to fight and not mine. I'm not going anywhere and you better get used to it.

What is funny is that despite your 20 years of extensive jeep wheeling., It is so extensive that you are unaware of the numerous JK tube fenders on the market, how they are mounted, and the purpose they serve.
Considering my 2 years of owning a JK and the very little amount of time I have wheeled trails here in Montana.

You can down talk down to me all you want!
You can make remarks about my products! You can even talk about me being a Vendor and what I should be allowed to discuss and not discuss on the forums!.

But maybe just for once you could possibly admit that someone is trying to advise you to be a bigger man and try and propel this part of the hobby with your 14,000 posts since 2005 in being positive roll model and find ways to help the rules then be a freaking dick!

I'm done.
just go ahead an belittle me. your really good at that! I don't expect any thing to change.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I'm not going anywhere and you better get used to it.
Now that's funny!

Quote:
But this is not the issue, The only reason this is becoming an issue is because its me talking to you about it.
That's your battle to fight and not mine.
That's interesting.....because I posted my feelings about them before you ever even made a comment in this thread...

Quote:
...then be a freaking dick!
It's "prick", please get it right...

Last edited by JeremyH; 01-06-2013 at 08:50 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:48 PM   #56
RCC Addict

Quote:
14,000 posts since 2005

Ive been here since 2007 and im under 300 posts
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:50 PM   #57
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokersWild View Post
Ive been here since 2007 and im under 300 posts
Well, get busy!
Old 01-06-2013, 09:22 PM   #58
Old guy

Well this thread didn't last long before drama set in. Fwcking know it alls.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:05 AM   #59
Quarry Creeper

I agree ricky, it would be nice to have one discussion without personal feelings or attacks mucking up the text. It makes it a pain to sort through the crap and the ones involved cant make a point because most people stop reading their responses. I know I do.
wheelinjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:16 AM   #60
Rock Crawler

Thanks to all that put the rules together. I'm sure it was a tough task to make a fair set of rules for everyone.
alaskancrawler is offline   Reply With Quote

2013 scale rules discussion or question thead - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
koh rules 2013 discussion thread thomass14 North Dakota 19 07-28-2016 06:24 PM
2013 SORRCA Scale rules War Pig Scale Comp Rules 19 02-11-2014 03:38 PM