Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Scale Comp Rules

Notices

Thread: 2013 scale rules discussion or question thead

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2014, 08:47 PM   #801

Default Re: 2013 scale rules discussion or question thead

Yeah but my pint is to go rear steer I would have 200 dollars on a new radio another 150 for servo 100 for vanquish chubs and jnuckle 49 fir universal it adds up
jmayer54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2014, 09:28 PM   #802
Gettin’ back on the horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmayer54 View Post
Yeah but my pint is to go rear steer I would have 200 dollars on a new radio another 150 for servo 100 for vanquish chubs and jnuckle 49 fir universal it adds up
You can get a TQ3 for 20.00, there are servos to handle the job for around 70.00, you can get away with plastic C hubs and could always skimp on the knuckles too until you have the money, plus you could probably get dog bones for next to nothing in the classifieds. This hobby is what you make it. It doesn't have to cost a lot of money, put your fun first and worry about competing and having "awesome" parts later on.

My scale "comp" vehicle is by no means top of the line, it has worn out rod ends, shocks that don't hold oil, dog bones, stock gears, a 200oz servo and a 'cheap' motor, but its still tons of fun and very competitive. Learning how your rig works and tinkering cost next to nothing and help your driving more then anything anyone can sell.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:23 PM   #803

Hi,

I have a question about exocages and roll bars and how they affect classification.

For example, if a Defender 90 body had the window protection roll cage, would it still be Class 1 legal?

Defender D90 Window Protection Roll Cage

Would a full cab exocage on a Trail Finder automatically push it to Class 2? The rules are not clear on this unless I missed something.

Thanks
Ad-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:51 PM   #804

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad-Rock View Post
Hi,

I have a question about exocages and roll bars and how they affect classification.

For example, if a Defender 90 body had the window protection roll cage, would it still be Class 1 legal?

Defender D90 Window Protection Roll Cage

Would a full cab exocage on a Trail Finder automatically push it to Class 2? The rules are not clear on this unless I missed something.

Thanks
They would still be class 1. Body protection (aside from bumpers) has nothing to do with classification.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:54 PM   #805
Rock Crawler

I always thought my truck was a class 2. I was just reviewing the rules and realized it may be a class 1.....

First question. Are my tire treads sticking out of the body over half way? They aren't but if the tire flexes in a certain way they kind of are...

Second question. Is my front bumper considered a full width bumper? It is wider than the top of my windshield, but narrower than the bottom of my windshield?

If those two things are met, I believe my Bronco is a class 1,which means I just bought the wrong ticket for the southwest scale championship (I bought a class 2 ticket)...

I understand these MT tires are a class 2 tire, the questions above are just about the truck itself.
Attached Images

Last edited by bvrc; 01-08-2014 at 11:31 PM. Reason: clarifications....
bvrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:17 AM   #806

Yes it could be a class 1 vehicle assuming you meet the rear bumper requirements and the body to wheelbase requirements as well. Plus of course your tires needing to be 4.19" or under.

But keep in mind at these big events class 1 trucks are often 50 or 60 point highly detailed vehicles, often leaving lexan bodies for class 2 and 3. Personally after attending a few of these events now prefer the diversity and capabilities of class 2 over the others. Having run with you before I think you will be happier in class 2.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:55 AM   #807

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
They would still be class 1. Body protection (aside from bumpers) has nothing to do with classification.
Thanks. And the D90 window protection bar would also be a functional scale point, correct? Not that it's hard to max those.
Ad-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:20 PM   #808
Rock Stacker

For a Class 3 using a Wraith do I have to have a CMS or can the servo be on the axle?

Thanks!
BallnM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:29 PM   #809
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallnM3 View Post
For a Class 3 using a Wraith do I have to have a CMS or can the servo be on the axle?

Thanks!
Run what ya brung Either way is fine. A CMS is preferred by most guys for the scale appeal of it, that and it nets you -5 scale points.
sam63 is offline   Reply With Quote

2013 scale rules discussion or question thead - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
koh rules 2013 discussion thread thomass14 North Dakota 19 07-28-2016 06:24 PM
2013 SORRCA Scale rules War Pig Scale Comp Rules 19 02-11-2014 03:38 PM