Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Scale Comp Rules

Notices

Thread: SORCCA in the midwest........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2016, 06:13 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default SORCCA in the midwest........

I've been having some discussion about the lack of full SORCCA events and local runs here in the midwest, just thought I would post what I'm seeing in here and maybe get some of the board members thoughts and opinions on this. I truly feel like the events that claim to run modified SORCCA rules, put a bad taste in people's mouth about SORCCA. People come to an event to run what's called a SORCCA based rule set, see that rules and things are wishy washy and grey, see that rigs are on all different playing levels competing the same and then credit the frustration to SORCCA rules, thinking it's no good. If they ran 100% SORCCA at a scale competition with tech, then at the end of the day most are satisfied, there's no grey area, everything was equal and all rigs where scored accordingly to put them all on an even playing field. The other problem I see at least in the Midwest is SORCCA has zero marketing. G6 is plastered everywhere, you tell someone about SORCCA and they scratch there head. No Facebook page, no website, you can only find it buried deep in the middle of RCC, which at this point the majority of scale drivers do not have anything to do with RCC and only communicate on FB. I would really love to see SORCCA grow, but at this point it's highly misunderstood and greatly lacks marketing support. I personally would love to see SORCCA get as big as USRCCA was in its prime and have it where Scale Nationals is invite only. Clubs battle it out within the states and the state sends there top 2-5 drivers to Nationals. Again, this is just my opinion and just stuff I'm seeing in my area
Tgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2016, 07:32 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: SORCCA in the midwest........

I agree. I'd like to see SORRCA grow and really be at the forefront of scale competition. Honestly, the thing I see many places that hinders it is just the lack of volunteers and people knowledgeable about the rules and scoring who will spend time helping. The need to tech every rig does mean another volunteer is needed to sit and look over rigs and possibly argue with the few people that can be problems. The vast majority in the hobby aren't problems but there are always those 1 or 2 people that try and game the rules and will argue and throw fits. A lot of people don't want to deal with that. It's these people that really push the need for rules clarifications and changes year after year. This is also a part of every competitive endeavor though. I shot USPSA competitions for years and people would always push the rules there as well. It's the nature of the competitive beast. If SORRCA continues to grow, people could actually become certified to score and tech similar to USPSA where there is a NROI (National Range Officer Institue) where you can get your Range Officer certification. Most small local comps and things wouldn't need to have one but it would add some peace of mind for the larger events. I could be getting way ahead of myself of course. But possibly an idea for the future.
ChrisShooting is offline   Reply With Quote

SORCCA in the midwest........ - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SORCCA - KLR tire binaryterror Scale Comp Rules 6 08-24-2018 02:39 PM
Want to build a c3 by sorcca rules! squishy964 2.2 Scale Rigs 6 01-20-2016 09:17 AM
Who runs Sorcca? JohnRobHolmes Scale Comp Rules 3 07-18-2014 04:15 PM
SORCCA Rules sally1800 Illinois 9 02-26-2012 09:37 PM