Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Scale Comp Rules

Notices

Thread: 2015 scale rules discussion or question thead

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2015, 09:10 PM   #421

Default Re: 2015 scale rules discussion or question thead

Is there a website I can go to with all the comps and rules ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cj30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2015, 10:28 PM   #422
Quarry Creeper

You are on it.

Disclaimer:
The information in this post might not be entirely accurate depending on the readers location, state of mind, health etc.
Please be sure to check with your own physician before acting on anything said in this post.
The poster will not take any responsibility in any actions performed or caused by reading this post.
Furthermore the content of this post is the output of a single person and has no other connection with this forum than being posted on it.

I'll cover more bases when I get the chance.

Last edited by Scrap; 03-03-2015 at 10:30 PM.
Scrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 08:42 AM   #423
I wanna be Dave

LOL, I may steal your disclaimer and add it to my sig if that works for you...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrap View Post
You are on it.

Disclaimer:
The information in this post might not be entirely accurate depending on the readers location, state of mind, health etc.
Please be sure to check with your own physician before acting on anything said in this post.
The poster will not take any responsibility in any actions performed or caused by reading this post.
Furthermore the content of this post is the output of a single person and has no other connection with this forum than being posted on it.

I'll cover more bases when I get the chance.
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 12:08 PM   #424
Quarry Creeper

What ever floats your boat. You might want to correct the grammatical errors before using it though.

Back to topic:

Yo! Rule dudes.

What about using the Ascender battery mount as a lead storage?
Scrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 01:33 PM   #425
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrap View Post
Yo! Rule dudes.

What about using the Ascender battery mount as a lead storage?
It's stupid, but whatever floats your boat.

Bear in mind that for these rules to remain simple and fair, using common sense and not doing dumb things "just because you can" will make all of our lives easier and more fun. That is all.
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 02:14 PM   #426
I wanna be Dave

I mentioned last year that the General Vehicle Details section for all classes stated this below.

•You must run a rail chassis (for example: Bruiser/Mountaineer, SCX-10, Reign RC K2-3S, 3L, 4, 5, MFM, X-Trail, CR-01, UTE, etc...).

That still reads that you have to run a rail chassis in Class 3. I know you don't but that confused the heck out of me last year when I was trying to figure all the class specs out.

Not a big deal to me, just mentioning it again.
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 03:05 PM   #427
wom

What counts as boat sides? If I have flat plates that go to my nerf bars/sliders. Is that a boat side?
wom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 03:22 PM   #428
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgreer View Post
This is why it doesn't seem cut and dry. If it said no form of knuckle weight in any classes, then I would understand. But it says no "comp style" knuckle weights, so does this mean they allow a scale style, like the new acender disc brake knuckle weight??? Just trying to make sure I understand.
I agree with you, I think my Vanquish 8 ° knuckle weights painted black look a lot more "scale" than some other methods that are allowed, but I took them off to make it legal.

I wouldn't consider the new Vaterra weights a "comp" style weight because they look like a brake disk and caliper which is scale.
Crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 03:28 PM   #429
RCC Addict

I'm just wanting someone from the board to clarify. No form of knuckle weight at all, or by the rules wording, does this mean you can use a scale style knuckle weight???
Tgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 10:45 PM   #430
Old guy

Quote:
I'm just wanting someone from the board to clarify. No form of knuckle weight at all, or by the rules wording, does this mean you can use a scale style knuckle weight???
Gray areas are hard to clarify.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 11:30 PM   #431
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by wom View Post
What counts as boat sides? If I have flat plates that go to my nerf bars/sliders. Is that a boat side?
Removing the lower portion of the body below the doors for clearance is boat siding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank View Post
I agree with you, I think my Vanquish 8 ° knuckle weights painted black look a lot more "scale" than some other methods that are allowed, but I took them off to make it legal.

I wouldn't consider the new Vaterra weights a "comp" style weight because they look like a brake disk and caliper which is scale.
Not sure I've seen the Vaterra weights. Basically if they don't look like comp style knuckle weights then how can anyone say they are and therefore tell you that you can't run them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szczerba View Post
I mentioned last year that the General Vehicle Details section for all classes stated this below.

•You must run a rail chassis (for example: Bruiser/Mountaineer, SCX-10, Reign RC K2-3S, 3L, 4, 5, MFM, X-Trail, CR-01, UTE, etc...).

That still reads that you have to run a rail chassis in Class 3. I know you don't but that confused the heck out of me last year when I was trying to figure all the class specs out.

Not a big deal to me, just mentioning it again.
That is a bit confusing. I'll see if we can change it to say "Rail chassis' are mandatory in Class 1 and 2".

Quote:
See above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY View Post
Gray areas are hard to clarify.
Hi Ricky.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:36 AM   #432
RCC Addict

This should be legal.. There are a ton of hoopty trail rigs out there. And I love being scale to 1:1.

I don't care about scale points.

Anyways this should be considered For at least the love of scale. Thanks.

holycaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 07:53 AM   #433
Rock Crawler

Can a rail chassis be made from any material? Does the rail have to be a C section or can it be just flat sheet stock?
MountainStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 08:24 AM   #434
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by holycaveman View Post
This should be legal.. There are a ton of hoopty trail rigs out there. And I love being scale to 1:1.

I don't care about scale points.

Anyways this should be considered For at least the love of scale. Thanks.

Are you talking about the bed? It would be legal in a Class 2 you just wouldn't get any points. You don't have to have a bed of any kind in C2 or 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainStorm View Post
Can a rail chassis be made from any material? Does the rail have to be a C section or can it be just flat sheet stock?
Any material. It can be flat plate, just make sure it's a scale style chassis and you will be fine. Many vendors on here make aftermarket laser cut chassis out of sheet stock.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:43 AM   #435
RCC Addict

Sorry warpig. I was not comprehending the wording.
My fault.
Thank you for the clarification!
holycaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 08:47 AM   #436
RCC Addict

Ok, thanks war pig for chiming in, but I'm still confused. This is definitly a grey area on knuckle weights. I just purchased tickets to the rc4wd scale challenge and want to make sure I am following the rules completely. I have blue monkey knuckle weights, they are painted black to not stand out, is this legal? I don't want to show up to compete and be disqalified. Saying "Comp Style" is not very clear. I'm not trying to be a butt, just trying to clear up this grey area. It would be good to define what the board means by Comp Style if you actually are going to allow some form of knuckle weights.

Last edited by Tgreer; 03-05-2015 at 08:50 AM.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:45 AM   #437

vaterra brake rotor or brass weights? legal or not?

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vater...ml#post4937376
jouni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 10:13 AM   #438
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Ok, thanks war pig for chiming in, but I'm still confused. This is definitly a grey area on knuckle weights. I just purchased tickets to the rc4wd scale challenge and want to make sure I am following the rules completely. I have blue monkey knuckle weights, they are painted black to not stand out, is this legal? I don't want to show up to compete and be disqalified. Saying "Comp Style" is not very clear. I'm not trying to be a butt, just trying to clear up this grey area. It would be good to define what the board means by Comp Style if you actually are going to allow some form of knuckle weights.

I'm pretty sure this has been answered before in this thread that they were not legal doesn't matter if you painted them or not still not legal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jouni View Post
vaterra brake rotor or brass weights? legal or not?

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vater...ml#post4937376

As much as I like these I'd have to say that they wouldn't be legal as they mount to the knuckles a la knuckle weight. It seems the only weight allowed has to be rotating either in the tire or attached to the wheels or in the form of burly or beef tubes or some other material in the axle housings.

Sent from my iPad using my finger
sf2000xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 10:39 AM   #439
RCC Addict

Well, by what war pig is saying, your not correct. It seems that there is some form of knuckle weights allowed. This is what's hard, it not cut and dry. It doesn't just say no knuckle weights. If a scale knuckle weight is allowed, then the board needs to define what will qualify as a scale knuckle weight(painted, shaped as a rotor, nothing beyond the inside of the wheel, etc.)

Last edited by Tgreer; 03-05-2015 at 10:46 AM.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:40 AM   #440
I wanna be Dave

The Vaterra weights would be legal if they are painted to look scale. They are designed like a scale brake rotor-caliper and are marketed as an upgrade for a scale vehicle. It says no comp style knuckle weights so I would say the blue monkey style are illegal. All I can say is bring them to Colorado, if they say no in tech....remove them. If you're worried about anything being illegal, I'd be safe and leave them all off. Lots of gray area here unless you take it literally and just don't do ANY knuckle weights PERIOD. Then you know you'll be fine. I mean really, in 1:1, who mounts a bunch of round brass discs on the knuckles of their rigs?

2015 scale rules discussion or question thead - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 scale rules discussion or question thead doublej Scale Comp Rules 682 03-26-2015 07:33 AM
2015 Scale Rules doublej Scale Comp Rules 3 01-12-2015 12:56 PM
2013 scale rules discussion or question thead War Pig Scale Comp Rules 808 08-15-2014 09:29 PM