Notices

Thread: 2015 scale rules discussion or question thead

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2015, 01:18 PM   #621
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: 2015 scale rules discussion or question thead

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels000 View Post
I think he is saying the tire is 1.7 wide.
Sorry, I'm at work and just glanced at the question. I suppose if you want to try running it you can. They kinda look like a scale tire. Only being 3.6" tall and M2 compound.....have fun with that!
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2015, 09:10 AM   #622
Pebble Pounder

Can a four link truck that has class 1 tires run in class 1? I know this has probably been asked but just curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Derek108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 11:38 AM   #623
stk

[QUOTE=

I don't know anything about those tires. How are you going to mount 2.2 tires on a 1.7 rim?[/QUOTE]

The tires fit a normal 2.2 wheel. They are 3.6" tall and 1.7" wide. I'm catching flack from some local people an wanted to know what "The Man" has to say. The tires were intended for the 1/16 erevo but fit the 69 charger I am wanting to class 1 quite well. I do not want a taller tire.
stk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 11:42 AM   #624
stk

The 2.2 trenchers look like this on a scale rig.
Old 04-16-2015, 03:16 PM   #625
I wanna be Dave

They look alright. Do they actually measure out at 3.6" tall?
Old 04-16-2015, 06:46 PM   #626
stk

They are much shorter than my 4.25" tires I normally run. The tires in the pic above are the same tire but 2.8" rim. It was the best I could find of a scale truck and not a monster truck.

The stock wraith wheel is a little wide for them. I have no reason to believe they are near 4" tall and they read 3.62" on the sidewall.
Pro-Line Trencher Tire 1194 for 1:16 E-REVO

Last edited by stk; 04-16-2015 at 06:49 PM.
Old 04-16-2015, 07:08 PM   #627
stk

With the tire on it's side it measures 3 9/16" .. the issue I have is the local guy that runs the comp says it is not scale appearing. Nobody else will say anything either way and I am about to sell 6 rigs and get a different hobby.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:54 PM   #628
I wanna be Dave

It's obvious that you aren't trying for a performance advantage with them (being 3.6" tall). Locally I'd let someone run them at a scale comp but you'd probably need to get the organizers approval at a national event. I'd run them and tell your "buddy" to settle down.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:55 PM   #629
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by stk View Post
With the tire on it's side it measures 3 9/16" .. the issue I have is the local guy that runs the comp says it is not scale appearing. Nobody else will say anything either way and I am about to sell 6 rigs and get a different hobby.

The tires in the pic are not the same tire at all, they actually measure 4.87" tall and would only work for class 3. Although the 2.8" rim makes out of spec for all of the classes.

If you are getting a different hobby and selling all your cars why do you even ask if the tires are legal? Not a good working scale tire but they look scalish enough I guess.

Edit: nevermind, I realize now its just a picture you found, not your actual truck.

Last edited by sam63; 04-16-2015 at 08:57 PM.
sam63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 06:31 AM   #630
stk

Thanks War Pig. Troy Loftus and Bobby Mack are trying to help me also but Joe's argument is it is a basher tire...

The selling of the rigs has come to mind a few times due to the addiction and time spent on these things.. There are only so many weeks you can spend 40 hours tinkering with them to play once on Sat. And not feel burned out..This seems to be the Icing.
Old 04-17-2015, 11:18 AM   #631
I wanna be Dave

Tell him to pound sand these are toy trucks we play with for fun, rules are guidelines. If taken to seriously the promoter or leader will not help promote the hobby or fun....

Time for a mutany ???????

All kidding aside, I dont understand why there would be a issue, looks just like a artic truck AND, if the rules are adhered to the letter.... THOSE TIRES ARE NOT BANNED
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 01:16 PM   #632
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels000 View Post
Tell him to pound sand these are toy trucks we play with for fun, rules are guidelines. If taken to seriously the promoter or leader will not help promote the hobby or fun....

Time for a mutany ???????

All kidding aside, I dont understand why there would be a issue, looks just like a artic truck AND, if the rules are adhered to the letter.... THOSE TIRES ARE NOT BANNED

What he said^ they're not on the ban list they meet the height requirements and they somewhat resemble a Toyo tire. Plus you're not going to get any advantage with that compound they are made of.

Sent from my iPad using my finger
sf2000xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 11:39 PM   #633
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Joe's argument is it is a basher tire...
So were the ProLine Masher 2000, MOAB, Dirt Hawg II, Dirt Works, HPI Geolander, IMEX Swamp Dawg and many others.

Are those illegal in his mind too? That has to be the stupidest argument ever.
Scrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 07:24 AM   #634
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

The 2.2 trenchers look like this on a scale rig.
Quote:
Cool truck Dude, just have fun who care's
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 08:02 PM   #635
Rock Stacker

Hi guys,

If someone was to run a honcho with bedsides in class1 would he be required to install a rear bumper?

Thanks.

(Pic for reference only)
http://new.dinkyrc.com/images/stories/hbsv1_c1.gif
mix237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 08:42 PM   #636
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mix237 View Post
Hi guys,

If someone was to run a honcho with bedsides in class1 would he be required to install a rear bumper?

Thanks.

(Pic for reference only)
http://new.dinkyrc.com/images/stories/hbsv1_c1.gif
• Full width bumpers are required on the front and rear of the vehicle. Bumpers that are molded into the body qualify. A rear bumper is not required on a flatbed, but adding one to the flatbed will gain the additional scale points. (Bumpers are measured from the outsides and must be the width of your windshield).
Old 04-22-2015, 07:50 PM   #637
Rock Stacker

That clears it. Thanks again.
mix237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 01:53 PM   #638

Are 6x6's allowed in class 1 if they meet the vehicle requirements and would be street legal?
SCRPNBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 02:30 PM   #639
I wanna be Dave

Does anyone actually read the rules before asking questions? C'mon guys, pretty much all these things are in the rules, this ones even highlighted in yellow.

• Multi axle vehicles allowed in all classes and may use more than one front steering axle (front axles are considered any axles forward of the centerline of the skid), rear steer only allowed in modified class, C3.
Old 04-30-2015, 04:31 PM   #640

Hi, for the first time this year we have 2 scale championships following S.o.r.r.c.a. rules here in Italy.

We have some questions from italian drivers after the first events:

- Transmission: is it legal in all classes to have a system to change from 4wd to 2wd (engaging/disengaging front axle) ?

- are Losi worm gear axles legal in all classes? especially if combined with the system above, I mean only rear drive and front axle disengaged and stopped by worm gear, I think it should be legal only in class 3 since it's like a dig.

- self recovery: if a driver uses at the same time both winch and sand ladder or other recovery equipment, he will get a +3 points penalty or a +6 points penalty? (+3 for winch and +3 for san ladders)

- assisted recovery: the veichle used by comp staff for recovery can be driven directly to the point where there is the stuck driver who needs help, or it must start at the beginning of the course and drive through all gates to reach that point?

- In class 2 bodies can be both rear dovetailed and narrowed front, but what about fully narrowed bodies like this?

WRONCO test pre-gara - Scalers & Crawlers

which is a scale body of a full stretched Bronco for example, way narrower than a stock Proline/ Tamyia Bronco body.

This narrow bodies are quite popular here in italy, we have not only broncos but also stretched jeeps, hilux, etc.

They are made like this from the factory, no need handmade modifications to make them narrow like you should do with a standard width lexan body.

Do you think they are legal in class 2?

Thank you for your help , we invite you all to have a look at our Championship in Piemonte, northern Italy, here: https://www.facebook.com/sorrcapiemonte?fref=ts

and Italian forum:
Italian S.O.R.R.C.A. - Scalers & Crawlers

@Locked Up: is it posssible to be part of the official S.o.r.r.c.a. list SORRCA.com if I give you all the information about our club in Italy please?
SimoCanto86 is offline   Reply With Quote

2015 scale rules discussion or question thead - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 scale rules discussion or question thead doublej Scale Comp Rules 682 03-26-2015 07:33 AM
2015 Scale Rules doublej Scale Comp Rules 3 01-12-2015 12:56 PM
2013 scale rules discussion or question thead War Pig Scale Comp Rules 808 08-15-2014 09:29 PM