LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2016, 05:46 PM   #81
AJ.
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: 2016 Scale Rules

I feel you need a bit more than that.

- Extend it forward to the back of the grill
- Extend it back toward the firewall and out to the fender

That will hide the battery and keep the mud out of the Drivers crotch!

Maybe something like this:

AJ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2016, 05:48 PM   #82
RCC Addict

Thanks. I will rework them.
Ballistic17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 07:46 PM   #83
Rock Crawler

I've read through the rules several times, and I'm still wondering where the Dinky interior falls. 2D? or 3D? My interpretation is that it's 3D.
" Any 3D interior must include: seat, dash, steering wheel and floor." As I'm taking it, it's 3D?
Jeepiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 04:08 AM   #84

Default wooden flatbed

There's no mention for a wooden flatbed in the current scale point sheet - just plastic or metal - but searching the web I found an old scale point sheet dating back to 2012 I believe, were wood scored same as metal. Trying to make sure how many scale points for a wooden flatbed.
Gumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 08:31 AM   #85
Quarry Creeper

Asked this a while a go. Think it was last year.

Wooden bed gets no points.

Only plastic or metal beds get points.
Scrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 08:35 AM   #86
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrap View Post
Asked this a while a go. Think it was last year.

Wooden bed gets no points.

Only plastic or metal beds get points.
I might be wrong (it happens alot) but I believe that wooden beds are worth the same as metal. (Depending on the material of frame work attached to it. I.e. if your wooden flat be has a plastic or metal frame around it.)

Again I am not a sorrca committee member. Just stating what I believe to be the ruling.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
baconbits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 09:06 AM   #87
Quarry Creeper

Found the flatbed answer:

2015 scale rules discussion or question thead

You need to scroll down a bit as there are a multitude of answers in that post.
Scrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 09:10 AM   #88
I wanna be Dave

Wood flatbeds get no points.
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 06:05 PM   #89
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniels View Post
Hello,

Will an MF-01X like mine be legal for SORCCA?

daniels needs a home for a 500kv ROC 412 or Suzuki Jimney goes RECON G6

Will the chassis be acceptes as tube chassis?

Best Regards
Daniel
Please?!....cl1 or cl2?
@Maxcipollino@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 10:27 PM   #90
I wanna be Dave

Still no points for fabricated shock hoops that are bolted on right?
XSRCdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 12:26 AM   #91
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSRCdesign View Post
Still no points for fabricated shock hoops that are bolted on right?
No Points For bolt on shock hoops
boob dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 12:00 PM   #92
RCC Addict

On a truggy, I get points for integrated front shock hoops, but not for the rear, correct???
Tgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 10:06 AM   #93

I have some more questions from italian scale drivers

- cage/rollbar: what if a truck has both an interior cage and an exterior exo cage (for the same row of seats) like the ones usually bolted on D90 bodies, something like this:

does it gets points for both interior and exterior cage or only one for every row of sets?

what about a pickup truck that has an interior cage in the cab and a rollbar in the bed? gets points for both?

- drop bed: i showed our drivers the same example pictures that had been posted here, but is there any chance to have a definitive answer on that? I mean a minimum drop bed depth that must be mandatory to consider it a 3d usable dropped bed to get points?
for example we consider a tf2 ok but have some doubts on tamiya hilux bed and similar ones.

Also does a trophy truck style bed get points? i mean something like this without the bottom of the bed:

- tires: for class 2 the rule says 120mm / 4.75" max tire but if I remember right 121 mm (4.76") tires like the proline tsl super swamper xl 1.9" are allowed...corrrect?
what about C1? someone is willing to use 1.9" proline flat Irons which are listed as 107mm (4.21") tires, while the rule says maximum 106.4mm (4.19")

- lightbar: gest point only if metal? no points pfor plastic ones? what about 2 or more separated headlights instead of a one piece led strip/lightbar?
I guess bonnet or bumper mounted lightbars don't get points for that, but can be considered functional front lights if coupled with 2 rear red light to get -2 points in the functional items section?

- tamiya driver: can this be considered a knees up driver even thought he has a "flat bottom and legs" to be mounted on the seat?

- hardbody: can a 1.5/2mm thick abs vacuum formed body like this:

or like the ones from kamtec, which weight about 200 gram and are a little more flexible than stock abs body get hard body points?
even if widely trimmed for C3 and/or without interior?

Thank you
SimoCanto86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 10:59 AM   #94
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgreer View Post
On a truggy, I get points for integrated front shock hoops, but not for the rear, correct???
Correct.
Old 03-25-2016, 11:49 AM   #95
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimoCanto86 View Post

- cage/rollbar: what if a truck has both an interior cage and an exterior exo cage (for the same row of seats) like the ones usually bolted on D90 bodies, something like this:

does it gets points for both interior and exterior cage or only one for every row of sets?

No, you only get points for interior cage OR Eco, not both.

what about a pickup truck that has an interior cage in the cab and a rollbar in the bed? gets points for both?

Yes, you can get points for a bed mounted roll bar and an interior cage.

- drop bed: i showed our drivers the same example pictures that had been posted here, but is there any chance to have a definitive answer on that? I mean a minimum drop bed depth that must be mandatory to consider it a 3d usable dropped bed to get points?
for example we consider a tf2 ok but have some doubts on tamiya hilux bed and similar ones.

A drop bed has to be as deep as the tailgate or to the top of the frame rails to get points.

Also does a trophy truck style bed get points? i mean something like this without the bottom of the bed:

No, I can see the ground and tires. How do you call it a drop bed if it doesn't cover anything?

- tires: for class 2 the rule says 120mm / 4.75" max tire but if I remember right 121 mm (4.76") tires like the proline tsl super swamper xl 1.9" are allowed...corrrect?
what about C1? someone is willing to use 1.9" proline flat Irons which are listed as 107mm (4.21") tires, while the rule says maximum 106.4mm (4.19")

TSL XL's are listed at 4.75". A tire must be listed by the manufacturer at 4.19" or shorter to be legal for Class 1 - period.

- lightbar: gest point only if metal? no points pfor plastic ones? what about 2 or more separated headlights instead of a one piece led strip/lightbar?
I guess bonnet or bumper mounted lightbars don't get points for that, but can be considered functional front lights if coupled with 2 rear red light to get -2 points in the functional items section?

Correct, only points for metal light bars.

Bumper mounted can be headlights if paired with taillights.

- tamiya driver: can this be considered a knees up driver even thought he has a "flat bottom and legs" to be mounted on the seat?

Yes, knees up points for that driver.

- hardbody: can a 1.5/2mm thick abs vacuum formed body like this:

or like the ones from kamtec, which weight about 200 gram and are a little more flexible than stock abs body get hard body points?
even if widely trimmed for C3 and/or without interior?
Yes, a vacuum formed body is considered a hardbody if it's made from a material other than lexan.
Old 03-25-2016, 12:16 PM   #96
RCC Addict

MY thoughts in yellow text.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimoCanto86 View Post

does it gets points for both interior and exterior cage or only one for every row of sets? I'd be inclined to say cage and metal roof rack points.

what about a pickup truck that has an interior cage in the cab and a rollbar in the bed? gets points for both? Yes

for example we consider a tf2 ok but have some doubts on tamiya hilux bed and similar ones. Being/been discussed. I agree with where you are at with TF2 and hilux.

Also does a trophy truck style bed get points? i mean something like this without the bottom of the bed: From what I can see it looks like a tube bed.

- tires: for class 2 the rule says 120mm / 4.75" max tire but if I remember right 121 mm (4.76") tires like the proline tsl super swamper xl 1.9" are allowed...corrrect? The spec says 4.75" on the website.
Seems pretty clear that they don't fit the rules.
- lightbar: gest point only if metal?YES no points pfor plastic ones? NOwhat about 2 or more separated headlights instead of a one piece led strip/lightbar?Not sure what the question is. But I'd only give light bar points once.
I guess bonnet or bumper mounted lightbars don't get points for that, but can be considered functional front lights if coupled with 2 rear red light to get -2 points in the functional items section? Don't see why not.

- tamiya driver: can this be considered a knees up driver even thought he has a "flat bottom and legs" to be mounted on the seat? Looks knees up to me.

- hardbody: can a 1.5/2mm thick abs vacuum formed body like this: Not a hardbody in my book.

or like the ones from kamtec, which weight about 200 gram and are a little more flexible than stock abs body get hard body points? Not sure, I'd have to look into them.
even if widely trimmed for C3 and/or without interior? If it meets requirements of the class you can still claim hardbody points without an interior.

Thank you
Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 03:44 AM   #97

Class 3 body specs, "Body must be at least as long as the wheelbase of the vehicle".
Is it required that body"covers" both pumpkins/axles or it dont matter if one of the two axles - usually the rear - is not "covered" by the body ?
Il may well happen that a body meets the size criteria, but it is mounted so that it dont reach one of the two axles.
I'm thinking more of tube buggies/rock racers than vehicles with an actual "body".

Are axial sidebars class1 legal, or should be considered as "boat sides" since they are designed at an angle ?
Gumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 10:46 AM   #98
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo View Post
Class 3 body specs, "Body must be at least as long as the wheelbase of the vehicle".
Is it required that body"covers" both pumpkins/axles or it dont matter if one of the two axles - usually the rear - is not "covered" by the body ?
Il may well happen that a body meets the size criteria, but it is mounted so that it dont reach one of the two axles.
I'm thinking more of tube buggies/rock racers than vehicles with an actual "body".

Are axial sidebars class1 legal, or should be considered as "boat sides" since they are designed at an angle ?
Exactly as it says, if the wheelbase is 14" then the body has to be 14" long. Doesn't matter where it's mounted.

If you're talking about sliders, then no they don't count as a boatside. A boatside is when you remove the lower portion of the body and door between the front and rear wheel wells to gain clearance.
Old 03-28-2016, 06:30 PM   #99

Ok so on my new C3 rig the front of my door panels are 5" across but at the back its 5.20" across and inside of front tires are 6.40". is that legal or do I have to get the front of the doors to 5.20"?
wtpeeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 08:54 PM   #100
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtpeeling View Post
Ok so on my new C3 rig the front of my door panels are 5" across but at the back its 5.20" across and inside of front tires are 6.40". is that legal or do I have to get the front of the doors to 5.20"?
The widest part of the doors is where you measure.

2016 Scale Rules - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2016 MNRCRC Vehicle Rules dna4engr Minnesota 61 04-02-2016 06:16 PM
2016-2017 rules and new ideas discussion Dezertdirt WRCCA Information 174 03-22-2016 12:14 PM
MNRCRC 2016 Rules Discussion Thread dna4engr Minnesota 66 11-09-2015 09:50 PM