Notices

Thread: 2016 Scale Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2016, 11:56 AM   #241
Rock Crawler

Default Re: 2016 Scale Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post
Yes, shock hoops can extend through a drop bed. If it has a tonneau cover, then it must be removable so the person doing tech can see the drop bed.
Found this from 2015 discussion, so thats covered but I have a follow up - Is this bed ok? it more than meets all the requirements but my trans comes up through it. If shock hoops are ok wouldnt a trans be ok too providing its all covered?

covered

IMG_1790 by sgtbforza, on Flickr

uncovered

IMG_1791 by sgtbforza, on Flickr

Thoughts? Am I alright here?
sgtbham is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2016, 03:36 PM   #242
Rock Crawler

I would think since the trans is so scale looking, if ya dressed up the motor and hid the wires it would be ok.

The other option, which is what I'd do if it was my rig, is to build a crate, or box of some sort to hide the motor and trans.
BadWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 07:26 PM   #243

It was brought up on Facebook that a bomber interior would get the same points as a full 3d interior. I would score the Bomber interior as a 2d with head and arms.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
thurayt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 10:33 PM   #244
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadWagon View Post
I would think since the trans is so scale looking, if ya dressed up the motor and hid the wires it would be ok.

The other option, which is what I'd do if it was my rig, is to build a crate, or box of some sort to hide the motor and trans.

Great idea! If this was ever going to be visible longer than the few seconds I have to top off to show the tech guys that it's a drop bed I would totally do that BUT since it will always be covered it would just be a cover under a cover. So with that being the case am I good for drop bed points here? Meets all requirements just unsure about the Trans bit.
Old 10-22-2016, 09:18 AM   #245

holy shit snacks have you guys witnessed the me me me tantrums on the sorrca fb page over rumored rule changes and speculations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtbham View Post
Great idea! If this was ever going to be visible longer than the few seconds I have to top off to show the tech guys that it's a drop bed I would totally do that BUT since it will always be covered it would just be a cover under a cover. So with that being the case am I good for drop bed points here? Meets all requirements just unsure about the Trans bit.
im not a shot caller but i would totally give you drop bed points as it is, but it would look clean as shit with something covering that hole up.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 10:00 AM   #246
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
holy shit snacks have you guys witnessed the me me me tantrums on the sorrca fb page over rumored rule changes and speculations?
The problem here is, I can see people saying "Screw that, lets make our own ruling body" and that creates more problems than solving any.
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 08:29 PM   #247
Rock Crawler

Quote:

im not a shot caller but i would totally give you drop bed points as it is, but it would look clean as shit with something covering that hole up.
Had no idea there was a sorrca FB page, you've opened up a whole new world of arguing for me! Lol
Old 10-22-2016, 08:47 PM   #248
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtbham View Post
Had no idea there was a sorrca FB page, you've opened up a whole new world of arguing for me! Lol
I had to remove myself from it. The arguments are fast paced and heated...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
baconbits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 08:48 PM   #249

it relieves me somewhat to see other people making assumptions and raging.
Old 10-23-2016, 06:08 PM   #250

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbits View Post
I had to remove myself from it. The arguments are fast paced and heated...
i still see you on there! its like crack...!

i hurt some feelings this morning because i was too caustic over some comment asking what was wrong with somebody posting a couple of boxes of stuff they got in the mail. so the dude tried to put me on blast... i lol'd in the mcdonalds line.

i will say now that ive seen some discussion that i dont really want to see anything thats been established so far be illegal. i would very much like to see an attempt to restore the balance between taking the effort to make a visually scale to 1:1 rig and the effort to make a performing one.

in other words it should be more difficult to point out a rig without making legit sacrifices to performance. you either build for scale points to help you have a bit of handicap on the courses, or you build for performance and make up for not being fully pointed by having an advantage on the course. the right balance would be the same driver being able to pull off the same final score in a 50pt scaler or a 30/35pt comp scaler. feel me? it used to feel that way up until just a few years ago.

and i truly hope i didnt say that in a way that makes somebody mad at me.
Old 10-23-2016, 06:15 PM   #251

Quote:

i hurt some feelings this morning because i was too caustic over some comment asking what was wrong with somebody posting a couple of boxes of stuff they got in the mail. so the dude tried to put me on blast... i lol'd in the mcdonalds line.

i will say now that ive seen some discussion that i dont really want to see anything thats been established so far be illegal. i would very much like to see an attempt to restore the balance between taking the effort to make a visually scale to 1:1 rig and the effort to make a performing one.

in other words it should be more difficult to point out a rig without making legit sacrifices to performance. you either build for scale points to help you have a bit of handicap on the courses, or you build for performance and make up for not being fully pointed by having an advantage on the course. the right balance would be the same driver being able to pull off the same final score in a 50pt scaler or a 30/35pt comp scaler. feel me? it used to feel that way up until just a few years ago.

and i truly hope i didnt say that in a way that makes somebody mad at me.
I did leave the FB group. I see nothing wrong with what you are saying. I don't agree with what they were saying and they obviously don't have a clue on how to score a rig.

I would really like to see the SORRCA rules committee do a good video on how to score a rig.

I am by far a pro at it, and have questions about some of the scoring, but I think I do a pretty good job of it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
thurayt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 06:28 PM   #252

none of the jerky behavior or posting you see is from the sorrca committee members. one of the sorrca guys posted just recently that some of the behavior going on will not be tolerated.

i would rejoin. dont let people get to ya and drive you away, especially on facebook where everybody has balls way bigger than their asses could ever cash.
Old 10-24-2016, 12:22 AM   #253
Quarry Creeper

Starded building a class 3 vehicle because we need more drivers in the class.

Was wondering about pinching and dovetailing. Do the C2 limits of 2/3 and 1/2 aply to C3?

The C3 text just says your body has to have a certain width at the doors and a certain height compared to the tyres.
Scrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 11:38 AM   #254

as long as your final dimesnsions are within spec i think you can pinch to a point if you wanted.
Old 10-25-2016, 11:51 AM   #255
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

I started that argument...
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 12:13 PM   #256

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr8cture View Post
I started that argument...
did you see where he tagged a bunch of his buddies in capeks post of that bitchin u4 rig and tried to put me on blast as some huge jerk whos ruining the scale scene? talk about a stretch...
Old 10-25-2016, 12:35 PM   #257
Pebble Pounder

Sorry if this has been asked, I am newer to the scale scene and am trying to get some info. Would the scale points be increased if I have a truggy with bed sides? If I have bed sides do I need a drop bed to maximize points or if I have the truggy am I just setting myself up for more work by trying to add bedsides with no benefit? Hope that makes sense
mr.rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 01:03 PM   #258
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
did you see where he tagged a bunch of his buddies in capeks post of that bitchin u4 rig and tried to put me on blast as some huge jerk whos ruining the scale scene? talk about a stretch...
The one where one guy thought I was bashing him because the frame rail rule is pretty easy to understand?
Old 10-25-2016, 02:10 PM   #259

i havent read the rules in awhile but im pretty sure you cant get drop bed or bed panels on a truggy for points. its either a full frame with a bed or its a truggy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr8cture View Post
The one where one guy thought I was bashing him because the frame rail rule is pretty easy to understand?
no it was a post of a real cool u4 rig that looked kinda military with 'do not tempt pilot' painted on the hood.

that one you mention is just as sensitive. seems to some that bashing is just telling them what they dont want to hear.
Old 10-25-2016, 02:35 PM   #260
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
i havent read the rules in awhile but im pretty sure you cant get drop bed or bed panels on a truggy for points. its either a full frame with a bed or its a truggy.

no it was a post of a real cool u4 rig that looked kinda military with 'do not tempt pilot' painted on the hood.

that one you mention is just as sensitive. seems to some that bashing is just telling them what they dont want to hear.
Ohhh the x4 rig I stopped looking at that one.

2016 Scale Rules - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2016 MNRCRC Vehicle Rules dna4engr Minnesota 61 04-02-2016 06:16 PM
2016-2017 rules and new ideas discussion Dezertdirt WRCCA Information 174 03-22-2016 12:14 PM
MNRCRC 2016 Rules Discussion Thread dna4engr Minnesota 66 11-09-2015 09:50 PM