Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Scale Comp Rules

Notices

Thread: Yeah, Im gonna be that guy...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2016, 09:45 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Yeah, Im gonna be that guy...

I know this has been brought up but I feel its worth voicing again, I think its time for a new class. As an event organizer im seeing a real drop off of C3 and looking at other events I see it too. I think its time for a class zero - instead of changing C1 and having people need to redo their rigs wouldnt it be easier to just apply the changes that I hear are coming for next year to this new class? For our group we are thinking C1 rules but mandatory hard body, REAL 3d interior, c - channel frame, and CMS. This wouldnt eat into any other class, in fact it might just start replacing entries lost to C3. Its something we dont mind implementing as a group but it would be nice to have a SORCAA implemented C0.
sgtbham is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2016, 12:17 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Yeah, Im gonna be that guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtbham View Post
I know this has been brought up but I feel its worth voicing again, I think its time for a new class. As an event organizer im seeing a real drop off of C3 and looking at other events I see it too. I think its time for a class zero - instead of changing C1 and having people need to redo their rigs wouldnt it be easier to just apply the changes that I hear are coming for next year to this new class? For our group we are thinking C1 rules but mandatory hard body, REAL 3d interior, c - channel frame, and CMS. This wouldnt eat into any other class, in fact it might just start replacing entries lost to C3. Its something we dont mind implementing as a group but it would be nice to have a SORCAA implemented C0.
We've discussed adding a C0 but it always comes back to burden of running four classes on the event organizers. This is just my opinion, but C3 is pretty strong in some areas and at nationals every year, I wouldn't expect to see a C0 unless it really dies out. Most of the changes coming out next year aren't anything big and won't affect most people.

There's also nothing to stop you all from making those revisions at the club level.
Highmark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 12:54 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Having just come off of running scale nats, I can say another class would have been too much. Specially if you run the 5 course format as we did. I'm not sure I would want to divide C1 either, you would be taking people out of the already small C1 and would have 2 very small classes because not too many would run both.

I like the idea, but logistics don't seem feasible. We regularly have 30+ drivers and have had over 50 at our local events, it's already a very long day for those of us who run it.
Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 02:06 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
Having just come off of running scale nats, I can say another class would have been too much. Specially if you run the 5 course format as we did. I'm not sure I would want to divide C1 either, you would be taking people out of the already small C1 and would have 2 very small classes because not too many would run both.

I like the idea, but logistics don't seem feasible. We regularly have 30+ drivers and have had over 50 at our local events, it's already a very long day for those of us who run it.
It may all be tied to geography, I know we see C3 dwindling (Ohio) and even as early as this month you could still buy a C3 ticket for ECSC (which is insane!!). At any rate thanks for your time.
sgtbham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 08:19 AM   #5
RCC Addict

You're probably right. Our C1 group is pretty small compared to C3. A few times, it has been small enough where we just ran the C2 courses since there was only two or three of us.
Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Yeah, Im gonna be that guy... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1:6th scale Willys - yeah, yeah...another one. dadrab Large Scale Rigs 15 09-12-2013 11:10 AM
Yeah yeah, another JK...... slipangle 1.9 Scale Rigs 14 06-06-2011 10:36 AM
Yeah Yeah Yeah Another Computer Question tltman12 Chit Chat 4 11-09-2009 06:54 AM
boring bruiser hybrid (yeah yeah what's new) chino438 1.9 Scale Rigs 4 08-15-2007 02:09 PM