Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Scale Comp Rules

Notices

Thread: C1 Body Ruling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2016, 08:40 AM   #21
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member

Default Re: C1 Body Ruling

I agree with boob dude, if you continually let "slightly" prevail, what is the need for any rule at all. The way I see it is the manufacturer done it to them selves by stating that the body was modified from stock dimensions. Still a great body, just not for all classes.
R2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2016, 09:54 AM   #22
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by boob dude View Post
So that means the ott six Moab body is legal for class 1
Because is comes that way really!!! why does everyone have to make everything so difficult.
And people wonder why the rules take so long to come out for the next year.
I appreciate what you guys do in putting a set of rules out there, its not my intent to make your job here hard. I wont even run this body, I just worry about the implications of it being C1 illegal because to me how can this one be illegal and a jeep that is way more pinched be legal? If its a no and it being a no hinges entirely on manufacturer descriptions then ok, that covers the jeeps BUT if it all comes down to that then would the ottsix body be ok? ( I honestly dont know I havent read the desc. ). It might be a lot easier on SORCAA if they just allowed pinched/doved bodies in C1. Any advantage a pinch gets you would be wiped out by the C1 tire coverage rules. For example a moab body with flares big enough to meet other C1 rules would look so stupid nobody would run it. Just some food for thought is all.
sgtbham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 11:06 AM   #23
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtbham View Post
I appreciate what you guys do in putting a set of rules out there, its not my intent to make your job here hard. I wont even run this body, I just worry about the implications of it being C1 illegal because to me how can this one be illegal and a jeep that is way more pinched be legal? If its a no and it being a no hinges entirely on manufacturer descriptions then ok, that covers the jeeps BUT if it all comes down to that then would the ottsix body be ok? ( I honestly dont know I havent read the desc. ). It might be a lot easier on SORCAA if they just allowed pinched/doved bodies in C1. Any advantage a pinch gets you would be wiped out by the C1 tire coverage rules. For example a moab body with flares big enough to meet other C1 rules would look so stupid nobody would run it. Just some food for thought is all.
Thanks! It is a ton of work!

As for a Jeep, they are not pinched and for C1 you have to have the tire coverage which wouldn't allow you to remove the fenders.

C1 is meant to be a more stock looking and performing class, so you will never see any body mods like doving and pinching allowed. That is for C2 and 3.

And the Ottsix body is both pinched and doved, so regardless of it being made that way, it still doesn't meet C1 specs.
Old 10-13-2016, 06:17 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2j View Post
Thanks! It is a ton of work!

As for a Jeep, they are not pinched and for C1 you have to have the tire coverage which wouldn't allow you to remove the fenders.
I think he was refering to the G6 style body that has no fenders at all. But it's definitely not C1.
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 08:37 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

I look at it this way,in our local comps if you are a noob on the scene we access your driving ability a little as well so we don't scare you away. If you should know better or your breaking the rules for a clear advantage over others then no way. If you can't see a true ringer coming than maybe you shouldn't be making the rules. A bad driver who bends the rules has no chance against a good driver with a well sorted out rig that is class legal. We leave it up to the guys running in that class if they object or not. If your coming in as a ringer your out. We certainly don't want to run off an inexperienced noob. Most of the time a noob with illegal class mods can't beat a class legal rig with a good driver anyways. My motto is ringers out boob's in.
THUNDER PRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 06:11 AM   #26
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2JSC View Post
I think he was refering to the G6 style body that has no fenders at all. But it's definitely not C1.
No I just meant that the front of any JK has a natural pinch to it. I want to apologize if I came across as a troublemaker here, my intent here was honestly to make SORCAAs job easier. It seems to me that the tire coverage rule make the C1 no pinch rule redundant. You loose the pinch rule and SORCAA doesnt have to answer questions like this anymore AND nobody is out there doing pinchs/dovetails for performance because by the time you meet the tire coverage rule there is no advantage to be had there. Anyway, much respect for what you guys do!
sgtbham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 08:05 AM   #27
Rock Crawler

I think the response is going to be that a JK comes that way from the factory, and is how you see them all on the street (C1 is the stock/street class) and with a Toyota pickup, that's not how it rolled off the assembly line. That seems to be the intent of the rule. So it's not just about performance, but the stock, unmodified body.
BadWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 08:38 AM   #28
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadWagon View Post
I think the response is going to be that a JK comes that way from the factory, and is how you see them all on the street (C1 is the stock/street class) and with a Toyota pickup, that's not how it rolled off the assembly line. That seems to be the intent of the rule. So it's not just about performance, but the stock, unmodified body.

DING! DING! DING! Yes, that is exactly where I was going. A Jeep only has a natural pinch if you take off the front fenders, which is not legal in C1 anyway.
Old 10-14-2016, 08:52 AM   #29
Rock Crawler

Yeah man, honestly it seems to be a pretty straightforward rule. I really don't understand all of the hubbub.

I'm sure the rules committee has headaches over the dumb little rule scrutiny like this.

If people want things like the 2017 rules out early so they can follow them to complete their builds, then they need to let little things go and not over analyze every rule. I've been on rule committees before and it's a thankless job, you can't make everyone happy. You've gotta make sure that the spirit of the rules are followed and the fun remains in the sport.

Honestly, as most local clubs tweak the rules to fit their group. These rules on specific bodies, etc only effect a very small percentage of drivers at national events. Those drivers who are traveling to these events should know beforehand if their body is legal, or ask before the event. If the body isn't legal, then they need to run another.

Cheers!
BadWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 10:05 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtbham View Post
For example a moab body with flares big enough to meet other C1 rules would look so stupid nobody would run it. Just some food for thought is all.
i wouldnt be so sure of that. ;)
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 10:34 AM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadWagon View Post
Yeah man, honestly it seems to be a pretty straightforward rule. I really don't understand all of the hubbub.

I'm sure the rules committee has headaches over the dumb little rule scrutiny like this.

If people want things like the 2017 rules out early so they can follow them to complete their builds, then they need to let little things go and not over analyze every rule. I've been on rule committees before and it's a thankless job, you can't make everyone happy. You've gotta make sure that the spirit of the rules are followed and the fun remains in the sport.

Honestly, as most local clubs tweak the rules to fit their group. These rules on specific bodies, etc only effect a very small percentage of drivers at national events. Those drivers who are traveling to these events should know beforehand if their body is legal, or ask before the event. If the body isn't legal, then they need to run another.

Cheers!
But the JK and Hilux are licensed bodies... the Spawn is not. So not having a 'real' world version, whats the ruling on it's ability to run in C1? So long as there is no futher modifications other than removing the roof and having and interior like stated in the rules.
Old 10-15-2016, 11:00 AM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Rules do not state that pinching is illegal in C1, just dovetailing

They do indicate 50% tire coverage.... so the yota would be legal as it sits with all the other rules followed

So would this rig with spindle mounted fenders. Do you want to make rules for every single scenerio or let people build, drive, compete, be creative and have some fun ? Rule set is solid they way it is and prevents an unfair advantage as written

hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 11:53 AM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels000 View Post
Rules do not state that pinching is illegal in C1, just dovetailing

They do indicate 50% tire coverage.... so the yota would be legal as it sits with all the other rules followed

So would this rig with spindle mounted fenders. Do you want to make rules for every single scenerio or let people build, drive, compete, be creative and have some fun ? Rule set is solid they way it is and prevents an unfair advantage as written]
The PL Yota has be "dovetailed" front and rear, says on PL's site.

But by your post, "pinching" the front is ok, but dovetailing the rear isn't? You can't use two different words for the same meaning.
Old 10-15-2016, 02:14 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

[QUOTE=hotwheels000;5575793]Rules do not state that pinching is illegal in C1, just dovetailing

So would this rig with spindle mounted fenders. Do you want to make rules for every single scenerio or let people build, drive, compete, be creative and have some fun ? Rule set is solid they way it is and prevents an unfair advantage as written

[/QUOTE

Quote from prolines web site

This 1985 Toyota® HiLux SR5 body is available in two configurations; either with the Cab and Bed or just the Cab alone so you can mount the Cab and/or the Bed separately and customize to your liking. Shown Here with the Pro-Line PL-C Interior. The front and rear end have been slightly dovetailed for maximum crawling performance without affecting scale appearance. Get Back to the Future with Pro-Line’s new 1985 Toyota® HiLux SR5 Clear Body!!

People can build and drive whatever they want as long as it meets the rules. Everything doesn't have to be legal for every class. This body IS NOT LEGAL FOR CLASS 1. And your correct Devlin it doesn't say anything about pinching in the rules, but does say dovetailing is not allowed in class 1. Per Prolines website quoted above it's slightly dovetailed front and rear.

And more than half of the Rules Committee members that commented on the body question agree it's not a class 1 legal body, As the rules are currently written.
boob dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 03:39 PM   #35
RCC Addict

Quote:
This is how I see it, the Proline body is pinched making illegal for class 1

If the committee votes to allow pinching in class 1 and it passes then it will be legal for class 1 until then I'm not seeing it as a legal body.

We have rules for a reason and just like the Proline tires that are .01 to tall we don't allow them so why would we allow a body that doesn't fit the class.

I wouldn't fight it so bad if it wasn't marketed as pinched, but I will bring it up and see how far it goes in the committee.
please re read the description on proline page thanks
VP Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 03:53 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP Dan View Post
please re read the description on proline page thanks
Did you read the copy and paste quote on post 33 from Prolines web page it's dovetailed and dovetailing is not legal in class 1

Last edited by boob dude; 10-17-2016 at 04:22 PM.
Old 10-17-2016, 03:58 PM   #37
RCC Addict

Quote:
Did you read the copy and paste quote on post 33 for Prolines web page it's dovetailed and dovetailing is not legal in class 1
please go look again
Old 10-17-2016, 04:36 PM   #38
Rock Crawler

I give up why even have rules???? Proline can eat a dick as far as I care. I'm glad someone knows someone and cried and got the wording changed. Why does everyone want a rule set and then cry when it doesn't fit what they want?
Old 10-17-2016, 05:34 PM   #39
RCC Addict

Quote:
I give up why even have rules???? Proline can eat a dick as far as I care. I'm glad someone knows someone and cried and got the wording changed. Why does everyone want a rule set and then cry when it doesn't fit what they want?
wow way to help grow the hobby
Old 10-17-2016, 06:27 PM   #40
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP Dan View Post
wow way to help grow the hobby
This is the way I see it every body, tire, wheel etc. doesn't have to be legal for every class. This body just doesn't fit the rules for class 1. This is a quote from the class 1 SORCCA rules " The bed must be as wide as the cab the entire length of the bed. Cab only not allowed. " I haven't personally seen the body and if it measures even 1/16 inch narrower at the rear it's not legal for the class. I'm not trying to be a dick but the rules are the rules and if we continue to let the rules be pushed by just a little every other month why have them?

This isn't about not allowing the hobby to grow this is about Proline pushing the rules like always and making the SORCCA RULES COMMITTEE the bad man for not allowing thier lack of judgment and the way they market thier products.

C1 Body Ruling - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I need a ruling on this punkfan Chit Chat 22 08-10-2010 04:27 PM
Suspension ruling Please DwaneO WRCCA Rules 177 01-26-2010 09:19 PM
Alternate gate ruling please JPH Racing WRCCA Rules 3 12-23-2008 12:08 PM
1.9 ruling call Eritex Inc. WRCCA Rules 21 11-06-2008 11:01 AM