Notices

Thread: C1 Body Ruling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2016, 09:33 PM   #41
RCC Addict

Default Re: C1 Body Ruling

Quote:
Originally Posted by boob dude View Post
This is the way I see it every body, tire, wheel etc. doesn't have to be legal for every class. This body just doesn't fit the rules for class 1. This is a quote from the class 1 SORCCA rules " The bed must be as wide as the cab the entire length of the bed. Cab only not allowed. " I haven't personally seen the body and if it measures even 1/16 inch narrower at the rear it's not legal for the class. I'm not trying to be a dick but the rules are the rules and if we continue to let the rules be pushed by just a little every other month why have them?

This isn't about not allowing the hobby to grow this is about Proline pushing the rules like always and making the SORCCA RULES COMMITTEE the bad man for not allowing thier lack of judgment and the way they market thier products.
i dont think its about making you the bad guys its about selling to the masses and still be comp legal
VP Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2016, 11:17 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP Dan View Post
i dont think its about making you the bad guys its about selling to the masses and still be comp legal
What do you call making a tyre just 0.01 inches too big for a class?

Besides the proline body in question is fugly. So why anybody would want to buy one is beyond me.

As there are so many hardbodies around these days I wouldn't mind if lexan bodies were banned from class 1 completely.
Scrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 08:42 AM   #43
Rock Stacker

Has anyone even officially measured the bed? I mean name calling of a company and such without actually measuring is a bold move. I'd like to see legit measurements before a ruling is made. Not just one member throwing a hissy fit cause proline fixed their wording.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
xXxCheeziexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 09:21 AM   #44
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrap View Post
What do you call making a tyre just 0.01 inches too big for a class?

Besides the proline body in question is fugly. So why anybody would want to buy one is beyond me.

As there are so many hardbodies around these days I wouldn't mind if lexan bodies were banned from class 1 completely.
I would love to make class 1 a hard body only class, maybe that's something to think about.
boob dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 09:54 AM   #45
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I would love to make class 1 a hard body only class, maybe that's something to think about.
Or at least award more points for hardbodies, id love to see that!
sgtbham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 10:51 AM   #46

all this drama over a c-hairs worth of pinch. which is fine i respect that somebody respects the rules enough to draw the line...

BUT wheres the discussions over loopty loop twin v plate chassis designs marketed as lcg rails? why the f are losi worm drives legal? tires too... and sorry not sorry, but the klrs that look more like v-tread pin spikes than a cut trep, wth?

edit - i say those things not to diss the people who go that route. i get that some dudes love the spirit of competing and being creative with builds, i just wish the rules were a bit more focused on the areas that have alot of grey.

Last edited by badhoopty; 10-18-2016 at 11:55 AM.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 05:11 PM   #47
RCC Addict

Ha ha ha ha ahhhhh ha ha fing ha. This is hilarious. All this crying over a body when, scaled up, some (not all) 500 lb knuckles are legal. The hell with FB. All the entertainment is still here.
josh6575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 06:14 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I give up why even have rules???? Proline can eat a dick as far as I care. I'm glad someone knows someone and cried and got the wording changed. Why does everyone want a rule set and then cry when it doesn't fit what they want?
Wording is on thing I wanted to bring everyone's attention to, not just measurements. They can change the wording, but their truck bed is doved and that makes it illegal... unless you run a flatbed (which is stupid for C1 IMHO)

Rules are rules yes, but they are meant to be pushed, that's why wording has to be clear. Some one is always going to find a "grey" area, but that's just it. It's within the rules, but might not be ethical to the sport.
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 06:35 PM   #49
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh6575 View Post
Ha ha ha ha ahhhhh ha ha fing ha. This is hilarious. All this crying over a body when, scaled up, some (not all) 500 lb knuckles are legal. The hell with FB. All the entertainment is still here.
What heavy knuckles are illegal?
VMGontheRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 09:40 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels000 View Post
Maybe the Committe could address the question before answers are given or frustations will escalate

Like you stated, its one of 20 opinions and the answer may have been premature.
But really though. Let the committee argue over it guys. It's our job bash each others heads in over little crap like this.

Trust me it's not as fun as it sounds.

Quote:
I don't know what this is but I LOVE IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
BUT wheres the discussions over loopty loop twin v plate chassis designs marketed as lcg rails?
Trust me, this stuff has been talked about to the point of people leaving and being a total nightmare. Trying to come up with rules for the chassis problem has basically shut down the committee at times. I probably shouldn't go into too much detail but just know that we've done what we can and we're not just sitting on our hands. I really hope in the future more people want to get involved and work to improve the rules.

Last edited by Highmark; 10-18-2016 at 09:42 PM.
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 09:50 PM   #51
Rock Crawler

Quote:

The Weinermobile!!!!!
BadWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 09:52 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

I think I see portals which makes me even happier. This might be the best thing to happen to me all week.
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 07:16 PM   #53
I wanna be Dave

Yes it has 3 racing portals on MRC axles. You may recognize it as the old holiday buggy I brought to MSD scale nats in 2010 I think

Last edited by hotwheels000; 10-19-2016 at 07:18 PM.
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote

C1 Body Ruling - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I need a ruling on this punkfan Chit Chat 22 08-10-2010 04:27 PM
Suspension ruling Please DwaneO WRCCA Rules 177 01-26-2010 09:19 PM
Alternate gate ruling please JPH Racing WRCCA Rules 3 12-23-2008 12:08 PM
1.9 ruling call Eritex Inc. WRCCA Rules 21 11-06-2008 11:01 AM