Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Scale Comp Rules

Notices

Thread: C1 Body Ruling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2016, 10:04 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default C1 Body Ruling

Is the Axial Spawn body C1 legal if all other limitations are followed (tire height, tread coverage) or is it relegated to C2?

I ask because of the tapered rear end of the body. The fender flares make the over all width of the body almost the same front to rear.

2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2016, 10:19 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: C1 Body Ruling

And to throw it out there... the new Pro-Line Hilux is doved front and rear... says Pro-Line themselves. Would this body even be legal for C1 then?
"The front and rear end have been slightly dovetailed for maximum crawling performance without affecting scale appearance."

Old 10-12-2016, 12:36 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

I would say both are Not class 1 legal. It says no pinching or dovetailing allowed in class 1
boob dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 08:40 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Better take a look at you VW bug then Jerry and any jeep

Both those bodies are factory unmolested bodies. They should be legal

KISS !
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 09:41 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels000 View Post
Better take a look at you VW bug then Jerry and any jeep

Both those bodies are factory unmolested bodies. They should be legal

KISS !
Yes they are factory unmolested bodies but Marty Mcflys truck wasn't pinched or dovetailed from the factory this body is and Proline admitted it and uses it as marketing tool claiming better performance. And the rules state no pinching or dovetailing in class 1 so Proline claiming it's pinched on both ends makes it illegal for class 1.

As for the spawn or the axial g6 body my opinion is they are dovetailed and not legal for class 1 either.

Maybe I get the Scale Nazi name for a reason

But I'm only 1 of 20 guys on the committee maybe they could feel different I guess we can see if they chime in.

Kiss back big feller

Last edited by boob dude; 10-12-2016 at 09:44 AM.
Old 10-12-2016, 10:07 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

That Toyota is so slight.... Surely you guys are going to allow that right? Its factory untrimmed and the pinch it has is in no way enough to enhance performance - if anything it only makes it harder to comply with all the other C1 regs. Lots of people are going to run this body thinking its scale, that could end up with a lot of frustrated people when this body is C1 illegal. No way id turn anyone away for running this at a comp.
sgtbham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 10:30 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

This the way I see it. It's a PROLINE PROBLEM thier tires are always .01 to big now it's spilling over to the bodies with just a slight pinch. I'm just tired of the it's close enough we should allow it, rules are rules and if we bend every time someone pushes the rules why even have them.

Last edited by boob dude; 10-12-2016 at 10:40 AM.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:03 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Im not even sure how much this is bending them, it looks like it almost bulges out a little by where the mirrors would be. Cab width at doors looks to be very close to front corner of hood.
sgtbham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 12:04 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

That's just crazy. If the body comes from the factory tht way it should be legal. But I have yet to see anyone mention the ottsix Moab body.............

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
xXxCheeziexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 12:38 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by boob dude View Post
This the way I see it. It's a PROLINE PROBLEM thier tires are always .01 to big now it's spilling over to the bodies with just a slight pinch. I'm just tired of the it's close enough we should allow it, rules are rules and if we bend every time someone pushes the rules why even have them.

The .01 on the tires drives me crazy. The body is marketed as being pinched, it looks pinched, it is pinched. Not legal for class 1, choose a different body. I can't run the tires id like to, same with this body. Build your rig to run in the class you want to run in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtbham View Post
Im not even sure how much this is bending them, it looks like it almost bulges out a little by where the mirrors would be. Cab width at doors looks to be very close to front corner of hood.

It's not a drastic pinch, but it's definitely pinched. I would tell a noob they couldn't run the body if they showed up. Now if a seasoned competitor showed up with it, I'd have doubts. We know how people like to bend the rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXxCheeziexXx View Post
That's just crazy. If the body comes from the factory tht way it should be legal. But I have yet to see anyone mention the ottsix Moab body.............

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

It's not like it came from Toyota, it's coming from a manufacturer who is stating that it's pinched... so it's not C1 legal. Seems pretty simple to me. I really don't understand the confusion. It's a great C2/C3 body.
BadWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 02:16 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

That pro-line body is HUGE at 8" wide. If you're running that for any sort of "performance advantage" you're doing it wrong.

Like Dev said, there are numerous examples of other bodies out there that have the same general shape or taper towards the front (jeeps, FJ's, bugs, ect, ect). I'm sure if we wanted we could write up a bunch of new complicated rules and try to regulate it to death but do you all really want that? It's required that the wheel wells cover at least 50% of the tire's width, and that the body not be narrowed, I'd say that's clear enough. We don't need any more rules.
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 02:18 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2JSC View Post
Is the Axial Spawn body C1 legal if all other limitations are followed (tire height, tread coverage) or is it relegated to C2?

I ask because of the tapered rear end of the body. The fender flares make the over all width of the body almost the same front to rear.

Other's might disagree with me but yes, that's legal assuming you have tire coverage.
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 04:43 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I would say both are Not class 1 legal. It says no pinching or dovetailing allowed in class 1
Then how is there any performance gain if tires still have to be covered and a bumper has to be the width of the windshield and tires cant extend past said huge bumpers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmark View Post
Other's might disagree with me but yes, that's legal assuming you have tire coverage.
Old 10-12-2016, 07:04 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Maybe the Committe could address the question before answers are given or frustations will escalate

Like you stated, its one of 20 opinions and the answer may have been premature.
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 07:25 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Now that's a well thought out reply.
BadWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 09:27 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

This is how I see it, the Proline body is pinched making illegal for class 1

If the committee votes to allow pinching in class 1 and it passes then it will be legal for class 1 until then I'm not seeing it as a legal body.

We have rules for a reason and just like the Proline tires that are .01 to tall we don't allow them so why would we allow a body that doesn't fit the class.

I wouldn't fight it so bad if it wasn't marketed as pinched, but I will bring it up and see how far it goes in the committee.
Old 10-12-2016, 09:33 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

It has to come down to grammar too. It says "Dovetailing"... meaning future, meaning having to do. "Dovetailed" or "Pinched" means it's been done, from the factory in the case of the Hilux, and I haven't modified it.

I'm just being devil's advocate now.
Old 10-12-2016, 09:42 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2JSC View Post
It has to come down to grammar too. It says "Dovetailing"... meaning future, meaning having to do. "Dovetailed" or "Pinched" means it's been done, from the factory in the case of the Hilux, and I haven't modified it.

I'm just being devil's advocate now.
So that means the ott six Moab body is legal for class 1
Because is comes that way really!!! why does everyone have to make everything so difficult.
And people wonder why the rules take so long to come out for the next year.
Old 10-12-2016, 09:45 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
So that means the ott six Moab body is legal for class 1
Because is comes that way really!!! why does everyone have to make everything so difficult.
And people wonder why the rules take so long to come out for the next year.
No because the tires need to be covered.

Add on flares should be out.
Old 10-12-2016, 09:49 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

I just started a new thread in the rules committee asking the class 1 question. We will have to wait and see what happens until that happens I'm done posting on the topic. Everyone hates new rules but love pushing the existing ones to the max and claiming its close enough so it should be legal.

C1 Body Ruling - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I need a ruling on this punkfan Chit Chat 22 08-10-2010 04:27 PM
Suspension ruling Please DwaneO WRCCA Rules 177 01-26-2010 09:19 PM
Alternate gate ruling please JPH Racing WRCCA Rules 3 12-23-2008 12:08 PM
1.9 ruling call Eritex Inc. WRCCA Rules 21 11-06-2008 11:01 AM