Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Scale Comp Rules

Notices

Thread: LMRCC Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2016, 09:46 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default LMRCC Rules

Hi all,

I have been helping Maxxis77 run our local club in Vancouver for a year now. I was wondering if I could get some input on some Local Ideas and a clarification from the SORRCA decision makers.

1) With all the new discussion and development of plate style rails Toyzukis and home made frame rails etc made from various flat materials. I was considering a scale point value for C-channel chassis or Solid Scale rails like TF2. Like a -3 or -2 point value for scale rails and 0(zero)points for a flat frame rail. (a c-channel based truggy could get -1 as its 1/2 frame rail and -4 for proper metal truggy back).

Would this be out of line with SORRCA vision or acceptable?

2) On a technical clarification - If chassis frame rails were narrowed in at the front or rear what dimension does a bumper have to be wider than? the rails at the bumper or the general with of the rails at say the tranny skid?

3) Another technical clarification - A stinger with a cross peice welded to flat frame mounts that mounts to the outside of the frame. Does it qualify a bumper in SORRCA rules?

Look forward to the feed back

MTRANGER

Last edited by MTRANGER; 11-22-2016 at 09:49 PM.
MTRANGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2016, 12:01 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: LMRCC Rules

This is a example of what he is referring too about narrowing{
maxxis77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 05:40 PM   #3
RCC Addict

SORCCA likely doesn't care what you do on a local level, but after a year of operating under "a close to SORCCA ruleset" why not adopt the rules as they are written by SORCCA?

1. Not all frames on 1:1 vehicles are C channel...some are boxed and there are several flat rails in the RC world, some made of composite and some steel or alum so I'm not sure why you would want to make that arbitrary points distinction.

2. If you look at a stock SCX10 chassis, the front and rear are not as wide as the skid, so this should answer your front bumper width question. This makes Maxxis' chassis above legal as far as I can tell.

3. As far as I can see, all you have is a stinger...no bumper there, just a plate for mounting a winch.
Solitaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 05:47 PM   #4
RCC Addict

1. At a local level you certainly could do something like that for the c-channel points. But I think at a certain point, why not just run the full SORRCA rule set.

2. Stock SCX10 Chassis are pinched as well, there's nothing in the rules stating anything about where the width of the frames rails has to come from (front, skid, rear) I would say it is implied that it is at the front where the bumper is. I have no issues with the slightly more narrowed fame rails and bumper.

3. I'm having a tough time visualizing the question. You're cutting off the mounting tabs and then welding it to a frame. If that's the case I would say it's a bumper and a stinger.
VMGontheRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 07:01 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Thanks for your input. These were only thoughts and why I asked for SORRCA admin input.

1) My thoughts were SORRCA and our scale group is about scale. There are points for transfer cases points for integrated shock mounts why not points for scale looking frame rails. With new and some older designs and designers doing a flat rail chassis including myself these chassis however great they are are slowly losing a scale motif. again just thoughts

2) I realize the SCX10 is slightly narrow and partially narrowed frames are reasonable. The size of Maxxis77 bumper Is perfectly fine as far as Im concerned. I was only seeking a reference if the next guy shows up with a rig extremely narrowed chassis so the bumper is only an inch or so long? I guess in black and white its good to go so the next guy joins his frame rails at the front and puts a 1/2' bumper on as ridiculous as it may seem i guess he is absolutely within the rules. I just was looking for a basic point of reference.

3) The specification is a bumper has to be wider than the frame rails. by 1:1 examples a stinger just a loop of some form affixed to a bumper. So said picture is a technically bumper and a stinger as it is wider than the frames as it mounts to the outside of the frame. As both your responses contradict this is what i am asking. I agree with Solitaire but in a purely technical aspect it may qualify as a bumper

Any way I think I have the information i was looking for. But please add comment if you have further thoughts
Old 11-23-2016, 07:21 PM   #6
RCC Addict

2. I agree with you at some point it becomes ridiculous and the current rules don't really define that as well as they maybe should. At a certain point I would use this rule: "Anyone attempting to circumvent the spirit of the rules, as determined by the Event Officials, will be subject to rejection from the event. "

3. Is this the same bumper as pictured above? Or is the one above from another company. I misunderstood exactly what you were asking.

I consider this a bumper.
VMGontheRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 11:50 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Yes. That is the style i was talking about. Thanks going forward i will consider that a bumper
Old 11-24-2016, 10:47 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

The width of the bumper has been discussed a couple of times and the answer has been: The bumper has to be wider than the outside of the chassis rails at the point where it is attached to the chassis.
Which I think is a bit silly. Because if you bend your frame rails at the end so that they touch you'll get full bumper points for a half inch piece of steel.
The bumper in the pics gets the points.

Have you thought what width does a frame rail need to be in order to chance it from no-points-plate to points-rail? What about how much C makes a C-frame?

On the other hand there are no points for scale looking axles or a suspension with separate coils and dampers.
Scrap is offline   Reply With Quote

LMRCC Rules - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LMRCC Comp #8 Krawler Kev Videos! 7 09-22-2015 08:34 PM
LMRCC 1.9 Comp #4 téosrc Scale Videos! 0 06-08-2015 08:33 PM
LMRCC Comp #3 chevotafun Videos! 5 05-06-2015 06:51 PM
LMRCC Comp 6 chevotafun Videos! 11 06-05-2012 10:00 AM