Originally Posted by Highmark View Post
Please see my thoughts below in pink.
Hi Highmark,
i thank you for the answers
maxbonv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2017, 09:18 AM   #382

Default Re: 2017 Scale Rules

I guess you don't need a fully detailed complete engine replica to get points, but what about a solution like this?
RC4WD V8 Engine Cover with Metal Intake Set for R3 Transmission
or gmade sawback fake engine box?

Scale points or not?
seems more accurate and 3d if compared to flat engine bay covers like the ones used on drift car bodies for example, and hides electric motor too, even though it is not complete with bottom and other parts of the scale engine
SimoCanto86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 04:05 PM   #383
I wanna be Dave

Good question, the engine should be complete, so that would recieve -1 non-functional but it would not recieve -4 for a complete engine.
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 03:07 PM   #384
I wanna be Dave

Ok guys, little bit of craziness going on in the TRX4 owner world and I believe people who do not understand things tend to love Facebook debates, so I figured time to ask the rule makers and even the breakers.

Since the TRX4 comes stock with selectable locking diffs, would this make them be considered or ever considered banned or outlawed since an open diff could be used to act like a dig in some scenarios? Though lets be clearly honest a fully locked truck can still do this now with the right driver.

IMO a dig is removing power or locking one axle from the center transmission. These FB crawlers have tried telling me that having front locked and rear in open and slipping would be the same idea.

Thoughts? Discussion? GO!
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 03:21 PM   #385
Rock Crawler

I'm not committee, but selectable lockers are not dig IMO, there is still power going to the axle, it isn't being drug behind. Some 1:1 street trucks come off the showroom floor with selectable lockers, like the Nissan Frontier I used to drive for work.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Jeepy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 07:05 PM   #386
I wanna be Dave

Default 2017 Scale Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
Ok guys, little bit of craziness going on in the TRX4 owner world and I believe people who do not understand things tend to love Facebook debates, so I figured time to ask the rule makers and even the breakers.

Since the TRX4 comes stock with selectable locking diffs, would this make them be considered or ever considered banned or outlawed since an open diff could be used to act like a dig in some scenarios? Though lets be clearly honest a fully locked truck can still do this now with the right driver.

IMO a dig is removing power or locking one axle from the center transmission. These FB crawlers have tried telling me that having front locked and rear in open and slipping would be the same idea.

Thoughts? Discussion? GO!

Perhaps it is something the rules committee will have to take up, but as far as I can tell, it is just another scale feature, not unlike the 1:1 Jeep Rubicon with the locking rear diff. In fact, would locking diffs not be worth two extra "functional scale item" points? Certainly nothing in the current rules that forbid locking diffs, and certainly not the same as dig.

I have a question about scale details....

The Rubicon body on my SCX10 has a dash and nav screen that light up, would either be worth functional/nonfunctional scale points?

My phone gives the map screen a bad glare, the map shows up really well.

Last edited by Greatscott; 06-05-2017 at 07:10 PM.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 07:28 PM   #387
I wanna be Dave

You could call that a functioning item for the light up dash. -1 point
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 08:09 PM   #388
Pebble Pounder

Seriously, what you guys can do to make these rigs as "scale" as possible is pretty sweet. I have several rigs, and personally I'm not going for ultimate scale looks or points on mine, but there is some serious detail put into these projects and I applaud the effort put into making them as such. Well done!
CR4NK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 06:49 PM   #389
RCC Addict

Can the Diff Lockers in the TRX-4 be counted as functional scale items?
josh6575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 07:19 PM   #390
Quarry Creeper

Well you get points for a transfer case. Seems legit to me... maybe even specific points for 2018. Like transfer case, leaf springs, etc.
EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 06:26 PM   #391
RCC Addict

Will this type of exo cage get points rewarded for each row of seats (3 sets)?
Attached Images

josh6575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 12:46 PM   #392
Quarry Creeper

Not sure on the rule wording. I don't think you would even get points if it were mounted in that manner. You would also need an interior to get cage points. But yeah I think 3 rows for sure. Just my opinion.
EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 03:05 AM   #393
Quarry Creeper

Two rows.

No down bars between the rear seat rows.
Scrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 05:40 AM   #394
Rock Crawler

I too have a roll cage question. Does this cage receive scale points based on where it is mounted. It screws to the existing holes one this body and resembles the stock variation that this jeep would come with. I wonder because if the wording on mounting locations. I am aware that it needs a cross bar in the front to receive points. More worried about mounting location. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
avanord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 11:05 AM   #395
Quarry Creeper

0 points

No cross bar behind rear seats.
No cross bar or down bars in front of front seats.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:34 PM   #396

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanord View Post
I too have a roll cage question. Does this cage receive scale points based on where it is mounted. It screws to the existing holes one this body and resembles the stock variation that this jeep would come with. I wonder because if the wording on mounting locations. I am aware that it needs a cross bar in the front to receive points. More worried about mounting location. Thanks.

theres a good chunk of info in this thread on cage design and rules. the crossbars can be at the top of the cage like you have, (dont have to be at dash or behind the seats. and technically you only need a single down bar. so basically you could just have 2 'T shapes front and rear of your seats and get points.

so technically... not that you would do it but a crossbar at the top of the windshield with a single tube coming down would get you a points worthy cage.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 12:41 PM   #397

post 141 or around there avonord for the cage discussion.

of course it would be nice to get an actual sorrca committee members opinion... ;)
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 12:43 PM   #398
Rock Crawler

Thanks guys. I am aware of those requirements. I am curious about the attachment locations. Sorry. I should have been more clear in what I was asking.

As long as the cage meets the above mentioned criteria, but only attaches at the 6 current mounting points would it be legal?

avanord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 10:36 PM   #399
Quarry Creeper

"Cage must be affixed to a rigid floor board, fender well, slider, bumper or structural part of the chassis"

I don't know what the committee was dri... thinking when they came up with that. Basically if you read it like it's written any cage attached to a lexan body does not get any points. That includes every single cage axial has made for the SCX. Lexan is not counted as a rigid material as body panels on a tuber so how could it be counted as a rigid material when attaching a cage to it?

But that is not how the rule is interpreted.

Your attachment points at the rear and center should be fine. The front needs the down bars.
Old 06-29-2017, 08:37 AM   #400
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrap View Post
"Cage must be affixed to a rigid floor board, fender well, slider, bumper or structural part of the chassis"

I don't know what the committee was dri... thinking when they came up with that. Basically if you read it like it's written any cage attached to a lexan body does not get any points. That includes every single cage axial has made for the SCX. Lexan is not counted as a rigid material as body panels on a tuber so how could it be counted as a rigid material when attaching a cage to it?

But that is not how the rule is interpreted.

Your attachment points at the rear and center should be fine. The front needs the down bars.
That isn't how it is interpreted? Here I thought my Dingo was a pointless cage body now.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Jeepy84 is offline   Reply With Quote

2017 Scale Rules - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2017 rules and next year's scale nats location. ... distinctive pd Scale Comp Rules 2 12-02-2016 04:00 PM