Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Scale Comp Rules

Notices

Thread: 2017 Scale Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2017, 11:13 AM   #301
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: 2017 Scale Rules

There is that pesky etc... at the end of the scale items catagory.

If they work, -1 functional, if they are decoration -1 accessory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant Threat View Post
Thanks for the reply. So is there no amount of rock lights that get any points?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2017, 11:17 AM   #302
I wanna be Dave

Hey, I told you it was hit it and quit it. We are not friends, no long walks on the beach, late night phone calls or any of that crap.

Sexting isnt appropriate either so quit sending me pics of your moobs

OH YA, cant wait to see you in May
Quote:
Originally Posted by boob dude View Post
You know what you can cram the good old boys comment up your ---
You have no idea the battles fought in the rules committee, the friend ships strained over the rules just so you can be a dick. Maybe like he said you should chill and let us figure it out. There are far more important items at the moment, I will sugest we add it to the agenda for discussion for next years rule set.
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 11:41 AM   #303
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by boob dude View Post
You know what you can cram the good old boys comment up your ---
You have no idea the battles fought in the rules committee, the friend ships strained over the rules just so you can be a dick. Maybe like he said you should chill and let us figure it out. There are far more important items at the moment, I will sugest we add it to the agenda for discussion for next years rule set.
Wow! I know the job you guys do is thankless and frustrating but being a little more professional would go a long way here. By the way thanks for the time you guys put into this task. My 2 cents is "If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's a duck". Common sense says it meets the standards of a metal bumper.
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 02:45 PM   #304
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
Wow! I know the job you guys do is thankless and frustrating but being a little more professional would go a long way here. By the way thanks for the time you guys put into this task. My 2 cents is "If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's a duck". Common sense says it meets the standards of a metal bumper.
Ernie
Man I thought the same thing this morning. Professional was the exact thought I had. I have been really struggling with getting involved in comps exactly because of replies like that.

There has been some really patient replies in this thread, I imagine that takes some manor of self control. If a comment like that where done by a real company or organization someone would instantly lose a job. How exactly do you maintain credibility being represented by that type of response?

As to the bumper, looking into it was the right answer. For those of you that do not know how 3d metal printing works; A layer of powder is laid down, then a layer of glue. The process is then repeated until you have the shape. This is not a process of depositing liquid metal.

So in reality it is a metal and plastic bumper.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 02:49 PM   #305
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post
No, must have operating headlights and tail lights to get points.
Tail light smounted in the rear bumper count or do they need to be body mounted?
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 03:45 PM   #306
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Ernie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchrat View Post
Man I thought the same thing this morning. Professional was the exact thought I had. I have been really struggling with getting involved in comps exactly because of replies like that.

There has been some really patient replies in this thread, I imagine that takes some manor of self control. If a comment like that where done by a real company or organization someone would instantly lose a job. How exactly do you maintain credibility being represented by that type of response?

As to the bumper, looking into it was the right answer. For those of you that do not know how 3d metal printing works; A layer of powder is laid down, then a layer of glue. The process is then repeated until you have the shape. This is not a process of depositing liquid metal.

So in reality it is a metal and plastic bumper.
If any of us were getting paid then we'd worry about getting fired. Also, the professionalism goes both ways. Treat us with respect and we'll do the same.

So what you're saying with the metal 3D printing is it's not really 100% metal? Perhaps that's why I said I wouldn't give metal points until I look into it more.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchrat View Post
Tail light smounted in the rear bumper count or do they need to be body mounted?
Red lights facing in a rearward direction is fine.
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 04:59 PM   #307
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
If any of us were getting paid then we'd worry about getting fired. Also, the professionalism both waysgoes . Treat us with respect and we'll do the same.

So what you're saying with the metal 3D printing is it's not really 100% metal? Perhaps that's why I said I wouldn't give metal points until I look into it more.....

Red lights facing in a rearward direction is fine.
So Tim, you include my response in this post so you must have been talking to me with your " Treat us with respect and we will do the same" remark. Please go back and read my post and then explain to me how I was disrespectful? Was it the part thanking you guys for the good job you're doing, or was it the part recognizing that you guys are doing a thankless job. Just because someone replied to my post in a negative fashion doesn't mean I agreed to it!

Ernie

Last edited by CODYBOY; 04-28-2017 at 09:08 PM.
Old 04-28-2017, 05:53 PM   #308

if 3d printed metal parts are considered metal (which i dont see why not) there should be an added higher value to reward the custom fabricated stuff much like hardbody and custom hardbody points work.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 09:11 AM   #309
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
if 3d printed metal parts are considered metal (which i dont see why not) there should be an added higher value to reward the custom fabricated stuff much like hardbody and custom hardbody points work.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 07:48 PM   #310
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
So Tim, you include my response in this post so you must have been talking to me with your " Treat us with respect and we will do the same" remark. Please go back and read my post and then explain to me how I was disrespectful? Was it the part thanking you guys for the good job you're doing, or was it the part recognizing that you guys are doing a thankless job. Just because someone replied to my post in a negative fashion doesn't mean I agreed to it!

Ernie
It was just a general response to you guys saying I need to be more professional. Sorry, I'll try to tone it down.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
Interesting, but we try to keep things as simple as possible. Not sure we want to add multiple levels of scale points for everything......
Old 05-02-2017, 10:15 PM   #311
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
It was just a general response to you guys saying I need to be more professional. Sorry, I'll try to tone it down.

Interesting, but we try to keep things as simple as possible. Not sure we want to add multiple levels of scale points for everything......
Thank you, and I do think it is a thankless task.
Ernie
Old 05-03-2017, 12:29 AM   #312

Quote:
you get why i said that right? you already have multiple levels. thats the idea. adding another value to an existing set of fields isnt creating multiples its giving the guys who build things a bit of a reward.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 04:51 AM   #313
Quarry Creeper

How are the scx10.2 and the new traxxas TRX-4 transfer cases calculated in points?

Do you get the functioning -4 or not?

Edit:
Do the locking diffs on the traxxas count as a functional scale item?

Last edited by Scrap; 05-03-2017 at 05:06 AM. Reason: Adding stuff
Scrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 08:21 AM   #314
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
you get why i said that right? you already have multiple levels. thats the idea. adding another value to an existing set of fields isnt creating multiples its giving the guys who build things a bit of a reward.
More of a tech nightmare than anything. It will be discussed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrap View Post
How are the scx10.2 and the new traxxas TRX-4 transfer cases calculated in points?

Do you get the functioning -4 or not?

Edit:
Do the locking diffs on the traxxas count as a functional scale item?
SCX10 II currently gets -4 t-case points, if the Traxxas has an actual t-case then it will too.

I suppose the locking diffs would get a -1 as well.
Old 05-03-2017, 10:44 AM   #315

I have a quick question about class 1 tire/wheel combo. I'm running set of Pitbull Growlers streched over a set of VP 1.9 beadlocks and I'm under the max specs, but was told that I could not strech a set of tires over larger wheels. I looked over the rules and I couldn't find anything that stated that. If anyone knows for sure either way that would be a great help.
Thanks
offroadinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 10:50 AM   #316
Quarry Creeper

I think it has.

Two speed transmission circled on green. Transfer case circled in red.
Points?
Scrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 12:10 PM   #317
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroadinc View Post
I have a quick question about class 1 tire/wheel combo. I'm running set of Pitbull Growlers streched over a set of VP 1.9 beadlocks and I'm under the max specs, but was told that I could not strech a set of tires over larger wheels. I looked over the rules and I couldn't find anything that stated that. If anyone knows for sure either way that would be a great help.
Thanks
1.55 Growlers stretched over 1.9 wheels are legal for Class 1. Its all about the original size of the tire, not the wheels they are mounted on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrap View Post
I think it has.

Two speed transmission circled on green. Transfer case circled in red.
Points?
Can't tell from that picture. I'll have to see a complete assembled transmission to make a ruling.
Old 05-03-2017, 05:53 PM   #318
I wanna be Dave

Looks like a single output (gear) from the trans that splits off too two gears for the front and rear outputs. Seems legit to me.
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 07:17 PM   #319

any more discussion on the mojave / bruiser interior being full interior or just a cover?

Last edited by Ljinks; 05-03-2017 at 07:21 PM.
Ljinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 09:05 PM   #320
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmark View Post
Looks like a single output (gear) from the trans that splits off too two gears for the front and rear outputs. Seems legit to me.
Looks like just a big ass transmission to me.

2017 Scale Rules - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2017 rules and next year's scale nats location. ... distinctive pd Scale Comp Rules 2 12-02-2016 04:00 PM