Originally Posted by Jeepy84 View Post
Ah, good point, like your Willys with the flareside

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Yeah its the same bed haha
sgtbham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 05:40 AM   #484
Rock Stacker

Default Re: 2017 Scale Rules

This get 3d points or no? I mean it has all aspects except it's one solid piece (other than the steering wheel) I mean it certainly looks pretty dang scale.
xXxCheeziexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 06:22 AM   #485
Rock Crawler

SORRCA - "we are closing down the facebook group, ask your questions on RCC"

Also SORRCA - "nobody will answer your questions on RCC"

Warpig and Highmark, I sincerely thank you two. If it werent for you guys coming through every few days nodoby would get any answers but it shouldnt all be on you guys. Maybe its time to re-open the facebook group? It had drama but at least there was discussion and things were answered. If you continue to do business here and here alone you will only be as relevant as RCC is......and how`s that going these days? Its the 30th and there is an unanswered question from the 24th back there, I have to think if facebook were still open a question would get turned around faster than 6 days.
Old 08-30-2017, 08:33 AM   #486
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickDanger View Post
Glad to see this topic is right where I need it at the moment.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/samix-s...2-4012/p578221

Legal or not legal?
Not legal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teifert2429 View Post
Would this bed be considered Class 1/0 legal?

2017-08-28_03-46-01

2017-08-28_03-46-21
Couldn't say on C0 - if you have tire coverage it's legal for C1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXxCheeziexXx View Post
This get 3d points or no? I mean it has all aspects except it's one solid piece (other than the steering wheel) I mean it certainly looks pretty dang scale.
Here's the rule:
Quote:
A full interior must include these separate 3D pieces: seat, dash, steering wheel and complete floor. The
interior must be deep enough for a scale figure from the knees up.
I think it's good to go assuming it's deep enough for a legal figure. It's a good looking interior for sure.
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 08:38 AM   #487
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilman_76 View Post
Sorry I don't understand..

this:

is legal or not?

The fact that even the weight is imprinted (66gr)
explains the purpose of the piece.

(I am waiting for the ufficial question post #423)

It's legal for now, but sort of flies in the face of the rule. I think it's likely there might be some changes.

Regarding Post 423, we don't currently have any plans to update the scale driver size. We only added the minimum height this year.
Old 08-30-2017, 08:44 AM   #488
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtbham View Post
SORRCA - "we are closing down the facebook group, ask your questions on RCC"

Also SORRCA - "nobody will answer your questions on RCC"

Warpig and Highmark, I sincerely thank you two. If it werent for you guys coming through every few days nodoby would get any answers but it shouldnt all be on you guys. Maybe its time to re-open the facebook group? It had drama but at least there was discussion and things were answered. If you continue to do business here and here alone you will only be as relevant as RCC is......and how`s that going these days? Its the 30th and there is an unanswered question from the 24th back there, I have to think if facebook were still open a question would get turned around faster than 6 days.
Thanks - we're trying. Facebook was great for awhile until a few guys turned it into a mess. It's just a difficult platform to moderate.
Old 08-30-2017, 10:02 AM   #489
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmark View Post
Thanks - we're trying. Facebook was great for awhile until a few guys turned it into a mess. It's just a difficult platform to moderate.
I know man, and im sure its a PITA either way. Or rather a choice between a PITA or an ineffective solution.
Old 08-30-2017, 02:12 PM   #490
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickDanger View Post
Glad to see this topic is right where I need it at the moment.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/samix-s...2-4012/p578221

Legal or not legal?

Beating a dead horse...

However, I do wish the SORRCA Committee would loosen their grip and allow these weights.
It would eliminate 50% of the drama on this thread, Facebook and my PM's prior to an event.

Allow all forms of weight. At this point, does it really matter?
Hell, i'd even be happy with a disclamer saying:

Raw Brass, Lead, Tungsten (or any substance that is used to add additional weight) MUST BE painted black and/or disguised in such a way as to appear scale in nature.
Failure to do so may render vehicle or its parts "illegal for competition" per Tech Officials discretion.

The important part here is "Tech Officials Discretion".
This will stop all the "Opinions" of those who feel something is illegal just because they don't like it.
Got something to say? Take it to the tech table. Period
GiJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 02:40 PM   #491
RCC Addict

Well I have no pull in this since I've never comped with strict SORRCA rules yet, but perhaps the current rule was working as intended. Now, in the usual nature of competition, the whole knuckle being turned into the weight is skirting the fact that knuckles don't have to appear scale or be similar in dimensions/appearance to the stock knuckles, or real knuckles.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 06:16 AM   #492
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiJoe View Post
Beating a dead horse...

However, I do wish the SORRCA Committee would loosen their grip and allow these weights.
It would eliminate 50% of the drama on this thread, Facebook and my PM's prior to an event.

Raw Brass, Lead, Tungsten (or any substance that is used to add additional weight) MUST BE painted black and/or disguised in such a way as to appear scale in nature.
Failure to do so may render vehicle or its parts "illegal for competition" per Tech Officials discretion.

This will stop all the "Opinions" of those who feel something is illegal just because they don't like it.
I honestly like this answer, leave language in there the prohibits the stick on axle crap and lets not even worry about what the wheel covers anyway
Old 08-31-2017, 07:28 AM   #493
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmark View Post
That's really an understatement. I joined that page then instantly unfollowed the shyte show that it was.

I see all these great sounding events within a few to 6 hours of me, and just don't want to put in the time and energy to attend. It isn't that I don't like the idea of competition, its that if FB and some of the post on the internet are any reflection of the cry baby, elitist mentality I don't want to waste my time.

I have said this before, the reason I even follow the scale rules threads through out the internet is that having a class structure is an interesting way to go about building up a rig. I know there are people who put a lot of time and passion into creating that, and I can appreciate and respect that from the outside looking in.

The whole knuckle weight conversation is bullshit. Functional doesn't equal scale, those dlux knuckles are a perfect example of it. Explain to me how that meets any spirit of scale appearance.

Anyway I digressed, the point I was trying to make is that the ambiguity of the rules, followed by the discussion does nothing to make scale comps attractive to.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 08:17 AM   #494
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchrat View Post
The whole knuckle weight conversation is bullshit. Functional doesn't equal scale, those dlux knuckles are a perfect example of it. Explain to me how that meets any spirit of scale appearance.
Its not about being alright with them, I personally dont use them but they arent going anywhere. Right now you have a situation where Dlux knuckles are good to go but scale brake rotors/calipers that bolt to the knuckle arent. The reason thats the case is the qualifier for what constitutes a knuckle weight or not. As a guy that runs tech for these comps the current wording is frustrating. So easiest way out is make all the stuff that hides behind the wheel legal if its painted black.
Old 08-31-2017, 08:26 AM   #495
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiJoe View Post
Beating a dead horse...

Here in-lies the problem. You've been comping your rig with weights all over the axles in your club forever then you decide to travel to a National event. You stroll up to the tech table and they say "sorry not legal". Now you'll see drama. Because, yes, that stuff happens.

The thing I don't get is why people can't just drive a scale truck as a scale truck.
Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 09:44 AM   #496
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
The thing I don't get is why people can't just drive a scale truck as a scale truck.
For the record I agree with this, and the course design thanks to things like this has gotten way out of hand. Im personally fine if they ban them all together, I`m just asking for a better distinction if they are going to stick around.
Old 08-31-2017, 12:37 PM   #497
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
For the record I agree with this, and the course design thanks to things like this has gotten way out of hand. Im personally fine if they ban them all together, I`m just asking for a better distinction if they are going to stick around.
I see your point here, but, if you get super restrictive people will loose interest in the competition side scale RCs. There will always be purist, and there will always be those people push mods as far as they can. The onus is on the rules committee to balance this out to make it inclusive enough to keep people interested, but restrict it enough to keep it fair, and within the spirit of the competition (not an easy task, and thank you to the rules committee for doing it).
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 01:26 PM   #498
Rock Crawler

Quote:

"Or ban them all"... I should of added that to my original post, because I agree with you 100%

IMO, It has to be "All or Nothing", and i'm fine with either scenario.
I just push "Let it all be legal" so the people who want to run things like the Vaterra brake rotors (which look awesome AND scale) have that opportunity.

It really sucks having to tell a competitor "You have to take off those Brake Rotors and lose scale points because they bolt to your C-Hub" when the guy standing in line behind him at tech has DLux Dump Truck Brass Knuckles which are totally legal.
GiJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 05:27 PM   #499
RCC Addict

Believe me this isn't anything we haven't discussed in depth about every year. It is unbelievably hard to get the language right...then something new comes on the market that messes it all up again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 05:49 PM   #500
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
Believe me this isn't anything we haven't discussed in depth about every year. It is unbelievably hard to get the language right...then something new comes on the market that messes it all up again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I think we're all kind of blue in the face.

2017 Scale Rules - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2017 rules and next year's scale nats location. ... distinctive pd Scale Comp Rules 2 12-02-2016 04:00 PM