Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Scale Comp Rules

Notices

Thread: Legal Class 3 tires??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2018, 04:25 PM   #1

Default Legal Class 3 tires??

Hey guys I really did try to find some literature on what legal tires are out there and I was finding out that when some people added foam it then grew to a bigger tire making it illegal. I have five buddies that are trying to prepare for the competition in Chattanooga. We have the rules and tech sheet for this years rules and I see the tire ban list and was just curious if some of you guys would be able to let us in on the secret of this sorrca tire regulations. We all want to participate and would be greatly disappointed to get there and not get to get involved. Thanks guys I reallly did try to find this out on our own but we don't want to spend a hundred bucks on tires get there and them not be "legal".
Smittymark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2018, 05:18 PM   #2

Default Re: Legal Class 3 tires??

Or if you guys just would lend a hand on what you all run or some of the ones that work or fit into the guidelines. We are new to this and just want to be able to compete have fun and maybe meet some new buddies. Thanks guys hope to hear back from you all. I'm well aware of the tire hieght limitation. And the rules for the most part. Also I know this is a competition so help might be few and far between. Lol
Old 02-14-2018, 05:31 PM   #3

Default Proline hyrax pitbull duratrax wrangler mtr

Is the proline hyrax legal
Is the pitbull rock crushers legal
Is the duratrax showdown legal
Is the wrangler mtr legal

The pro line the wrangler and the pitbull measure to be 5.75 without foam the duratrax not sure yet.
Old 02-14-2018, 06:11 PM   #4
What could go wrong?

I don't do anything with class three personally, but all of the classes base the tire-size rules off of what the tire manufacturer says, not actual size. Increases in size due to foam doesn't affect anything. If the tires fit the size specs and are not on the ban list, you're good to do, so long as the modifications -cutting, gluing, etc - you do (if any) fit within the rules).

Hope that helps a bit.

Last edited by Noll11; 02-14-2018 at 06:14 PM.
Noll11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 07:26 PM   #5

Default Thanks

Hey man thank you, I'm just trying to figure out some stuff before we show up and look like the hillbillies lol. We just want to participate not going to slow y'all up one bit just wanted clarity. So if it's within 5.75 inches manufacture measurements. This means if mounted and on normal wheels and foam and not on the current ban list we can run them. we aren't trying to cheat or get away with anything again just trying to participate. And my buddies deemed me the seeker of truths so I'm just trying to get some answer I mean no harm or foul lol thanks agian
Old 02-14-2018, 09:53 PM   #6
What could go wrong?

No problem at all! Yep, 5.75 max off manufacturer specs, and a max wheel size of 2.2 inches in C3.
Noll11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 12:35 AM   #7
RCC Addict

All you need to worry about is the manufacturer specifications. Nobody will be measuring tires unless they are modified. You can run any foam you want to in them.
ToyZuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Legal Class 3 tires?? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
will this be legal? (2.2 class) 383Stroker Axial AX-10 Scorpion 10 04-26-2008 08:03 PM
is this legal for 2.2 class j4s0n General Crawlers 2 12-11-2007 09:02 AM