Notices

Thread: 2018 Scale Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2017, 08:42 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: 2018 Scale Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchrat View Post
Nah they pissed enough people off that there is now an "official" SORRCA fb page inhabited by rebels.

Besides that they direct people to RCC in the about group section for rule discussion.
Someone could ask 'Do farts smell' on the SORRCA FB and you would get:

-25 posts about what the definition of a fart is each with widely inaccurate and misleading interpretations of things that have nothing to do with farts.
-30 posts about how XJ's coil suspensions 'technically' fit under the definition of a fart because someone's cousin used to wheel one and logged into Pirate a few times and why it's RIDICULOUS they don't get scale points for it.
-A side conversation about someone's flex-friday redcat post waxing lyrically how dumb scale points and winches are and how they'll never compete because they're too cool for that.
- 2-5 posts that actual pertain to the topic at hand and might actually be useful.

In short - Facebook is stupid, and people act like teenage girls on there.
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2017, 09:10 AM   #22
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmark View Post
Someone could ask 'Do farts smell' on the SORRCA FB and you would get:

-25 posts about what the definition of a fart is each with widely inaccurate and misleading interpretations of things that have nothing to do with farts.
-30 posts about how XJ's coil suspensions 'technically' fit under the definition of a fart because someone's cousin used to wheel one and logged into Pirate a few times and why it's RIDICULOUS they don't get scale points for it.
-A side conversation about someone's flex-friday redcat post waxing lyrically how dumb scale points and winches are and how they'll never compete because they're too cool for that.
- 2-5 posts that actual pertain to the topic at hand and might actually be useful.

In short - Facebook is stupid, and people act like teenage girls on there.
That was an excellent and entertaining summation. However like it or not, that FB page is the face of SORRCA.

That page and SORRCA by association as a serious optics problem.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 09:16 AM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
What does this mean?
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 10:15 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post
Perhaps we just do away with custom points altogether....that would solve all the problems.
Well, I wouldn't say that it would solve all of the problems, but it would make life a little simpler...

Where is the balance between rewarding people who make the extra effort and the whole mess getting out of hand? I still think 20 points max, and that gets calculated to someone's overall score.

Of course, I miss the simplicity of comp crawling, just make sure the WB is within spec and go...
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 06:57 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

Quote:
That was an excellent and entertaining summation. However like it or not, that FB page is the face of SORRCA.

RCC it much better than Facebook, I have never in my life seen people fight over the most stupid shit ever.

Funny thing is 98% of the people that post Sorrca sucks or they have to many rules, have never competed and never will but think that they could beat the over all National champ without breaking a sweat.

And yes Jon farts stink and so does FACEBOOK.
boob dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 07:25 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by boob dude View Post
RCC it much better than Facebook, I have never in my life seen people fight over the most stupid shit ever.

Funny thing is 98% of the people that post Sorrca sucks or they have to many rules, have never competed and never will but think that they could beat the over all National champ without breaking a sweat.

And yes Jon farts stink and so does FACEBOOK.

Touche my friend! FB is a big waste of time!
distinctive pd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 07:29 AM   #27
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by distinctive pd View Post
Touche my friend! FB is a big waste of time!
I am not a fan of FB, but you can not ignore the impact it has on any organization. Like it or not it is the easiest and first way many people are going to find any given organization. Years ago it was google, now it is FB search.

FB is a business card, people are not going to find any given page, ignore the duechbagger occurring and assume it isn't representative of the people involved in the page.

It really doen't matter what the truth is, it only matter what is perceived.

Just an FYI, I have a friend that is a fishing guide who's only advertising presence is participating in several fishing FB groups. It is a side job for him, however he makes really good money from it, and turns away business. Just hanging out on FB makes him $450.00 a trip 60-80 days a year. Before FB when I guided I spent weeks going to fishing shows, running a web forum and writing for magazines to get the customer base he has.

Last edited by Ditchrat; 12-18-2017 at 07:33 AM.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 07:40 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I am not a fan of FB, but you can not ignore the impact it has on any organization. Like it or not it is the easiest and first way many people are going to find any given organization. Years ago it was google, now it is FB search.

FB is a business card, people are not going to find any given page, ignore the duechbagger occurring and assume it isn't representative of the people involved in the page.

It really doen't matter what the truth is, it only matter what is perceived.

Just an FYI, I have a friend that is a fishing guide who's only advertising presence is participating in several fishing FB groups. It is a side job for him, however he makes really good money from it, and turns away business. Just hanging out on FB makes him $450.00 a trip 60-80 days a year. Before FB when I guided I spent weeks going to fishing shows, running a web forum and writing for magazines to get the customer base he has.

Thats all fair and well in some cases but I still prefer human interaction, business hand shakes, face to face and phone calls etc... Facebook just allows for low integrity, ignorance and people no longer having meaningful face to face conversation.

Also,
I agree with what's said above, most people complaining about SORRCA and events (which are a blast) through FB have never attended an event, but because of FB it gives our fierce "keyboard warriors" the opportunity to be ignorant. Just like every other thread in this damn forum now has turned into the same 6 or 8 morons arguing about the same ol crap.

Gotta love our fierce warriors defending us from evil empires like SORRCA, Axial, HPI ETC....
distinctive pd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 11:26 PM   #29
Rock Stacker

So im new to RCing and such but it seems like a lot of people dislike sorrca. I mean I dont like the fact that if one guy spent more time building his rig he could drive worse and still win but my big question is though. Why doesn't the community get together to replace it?
Heroesneverquit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 06:20 AM   #30
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesneverquit View Post
So im new to RCing and such but it seems like a lot of people dislike sorrca. I mean I dont like the fact that if one guy spent more time building his rig he could drive worse and still win but my big question is though. Why doesn't the community get together to replace it?
First of all I am new to this hobby. Been crawling for a little over a year now. I absolutely love it. I am now in the process of building 3 comp rigs for 2018. I dont agree with some things that SORRCA does, but Ill follow the rules. I seriously doubt anyone is going to be able to get a large enough group of people to agree on a new set of rules, because just like anything else, large groups of people will never agree on anything. Look at our nations congress. No matter how hard you try, you can not satisfy the needs of all. Compromise is a tough word for many. So here we are discussing the rules that are always in question. 1st world problems, yea?

That being said, I wish there was less emphasis on all the scale parts, and more on the driving. Im seriously considering a shafty for next year as well. Maybe I can get enough people interested to organize a comp. Who knows. What I do know is I just want to have fun with my toy trucks.
Motorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 06:24 AM   #31
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesneverquit View Post
A lot of people on facebook dislike lots of things, its whats "in". The reason the community doesnt come together and fix that is because its simply not true, scale points cant work miracles. The people that say that are usually the same people who cant understand why they dont have max points because they strapped 5 proline canoes to their roof. Try out a sorrca comp, it will all make sense - I bet like less than 5% of the people on facebook who hate sorrca so much have even been to an event.

Last edited by sgtbham; 12-20-2017 at 06:03 AM.
sgtbham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 09:56 AM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorider View Post
First of all I am new to this hobby. Been crawling for a little over a year now. I absolutely love it. I am now in the process of building 3 comp rigs for 2018. I dont agree with some things that SORRCA does, but Ill follow the rules. I seriously doubt anyone is going to be able to get a large enough group of people to agree on a new set of rules, because just like anything else, large groups of people will never agree on anything. Look at our nations congress. No matter how hard you try, you can not satisfy the needs of all. Compromise is a tough word for many. So here we are discussing the rules that are always in question. 1st world problems, yea?

That being said, I wish there was less emphasis on all the scale parts, and more on the driving. Im seriously considering a shafty for next year as well. Maybe I can get enough people interested to organize a comp. Who knows. What I do know is I just want to have fun with my toy trucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtbham View Post
A lot of people on facebook dislike lots of things, its whats "in". The reason the community doesnt come together and fix that is because its simply not true, scale points cant work miracles. The people that say that are usually the same people who cant understand why they dont have max points because they strapped 5 proline canoes to their roof. Try out a sorrca comp, it will all make sense - I bet like less than 5% of the people on facebook who hate sorrca so much have never even been to an event.
Well said guys. A lot of people don't get that we don't 'force' local clubs to run the rules 100%. There are plenty of clubs that run with no scale points, or who modify the points or classes to meet what works in the area.
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 02:50 PM   #33
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinart24 View Post
Well, for the years I have been teching trucks at WARCRC events..... I can say I have never given points for a "custom" body. Not a bad idea Piggy.
Sure you have, Devlin's C1 body.
VMGontheRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 12:30 PM   #34
Quarry Creeper

Class 1 - Details:

• Truggies are not allowed, flatbeds with full length rail chassis are allowed. The bed must be as wide as the cab
the entire length of the bed. Cab only not allowed.

I have a question on this rule, and I couldn't find an answer in a search of here. As I understand it, an Axial SCX10/II Honcho is considered a truggie, correct? and this is because it doesn't have a full on pickup style bed, right?

Would adding the Dinky RC Honcho Bedside kit change it from a truggie and into a legal Class 1 since it would look like a pickup bed with a roll cage?

https://www.dinkyrc.com/collections/...nt=14053341574
Ironhide13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 12:35 PM   #35
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorider View Post
First of all I am new to this hobby. Been crawling for a little over a year now. I absolutely love it. I am now in the process of building 3 comp rigs for 2018.

That being said, I wish there was less emphasis on all the scale parts, and more on the driving.
SORRCA Rules work. Period
Once you start attending comps, you'll quickly realise the FB drama is completely unfounded and silly.
The people, camraderie and smiles is addicting. You will be absolutely hooked.

Addressing your quote above, the "Scale Parts" and looks are what this is all about.
The competetition is every bit as fierce as "Shafty Comp Crawling", but with a whole new dimension. Embrace it, don't fight it. The emphasis on driving is there.

You will quickly learn 3 things about the Top Drivers at any SORRCA Comp:
1. They are MASTERS at reading terrain, strategizing and making split second decisions.
2. Their vehicles perform at the highest levels 100% of the time.
3. They are MAXED OUT on scale points.

Its ALL part of the game if you want to be at the top. And its a fun game to play!
GiJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 12:40 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide13 View Post
Class 1 - Details:

• Truggies are not allowed, flatbeds with full length rail chassis are allowed. The bed must be as wide as the cab
the entire length of the bed. Cab only not allowed.

I have a question on this rule, and I couldn't find an answer in a search of here. As I understand it, an Axial SCX10/II Honcho is considered a truggie, correct? and this is because it doesn't have a full on pickup style bed, right?

Would adding the Dinky RC Honcho Bedside kit change it from a truggie and into a legal Class 1 since it would look like a pickup bed with a roll cage?

https://www.dinkyrc.com/collections/...nt=14053341574
A Truggy has the framerails cut behind the cab and replaced with a tube structure.

If the framerails are fully intact (front to back), then its considered a tube bed and perfectly legal as long as all other dimensions/requirements are met.
GiJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 02:01 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiJoe View Post
A Truggy has the framerails cut behind the cab and replaced with a tube structure.

If the framerails are fully intact (front to back), then its considered a tube bed and perfectly legal as long as all other dimensions/requirements are met.
Thanks, but it seems even Axial themselves are confused because on their own blog they said the Honcho wasn't Class 1 legal. Hence, my confusion...
I think the Honcho still uses full length rails, and the Honcho cage/bed bolts to the cab and sits on top of the rails.
Old 12-20-2017, 02:44 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide13 View Post
Class 1 - Details:

• Truggies are not allowed, flatbeds with full length rail chassis are allowed. The bed must be as wide as the cab the entire length of the bed. Cab only not allowed.
The stock Honcho Tube Bed does not meet the rule as written. At the end is tapers in.

binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 06:36 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
The stock Honcho Tube Bed does not meet the rule as written. At the end is tapers in.

Ah, I see the difference now. So, back to my original question, the Dinky bedside kit should bring it up to C1 legal, right?

Old 12-20-2017, 06:43 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper

Hello quick question about boat sides.
It says under class one any trimming behind the front tire is considered a boat side. Is this also true for class 2? Because I've already trimmed my fenders out and would like to pinch both the front and the back. Also going to bob the bed.
Any input would be awesome. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Evo93 is offline   Reply With Quote

2018 Scale Rules - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
traxxas 2018 metal gears!!! mini freak Electronics 1 07-30-2011 08:24 PM