RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Scale Comp Rules (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/scale-comp-rules/)
-   -   2018 Scale Rules (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/scale-comp-rules/592342-2018-scale-rules.html)

Greatscott 11-29-2017 05:05 PM

2018 Scale Rules

I have noticed the changes in red for the 2017 scale rules, guessing these are the changes that will be in the 2018 rule book...

• No bolt on or stick on external axle or knuckle weights of any kind.
- Does this include portal weights on the TRX4?

Custom Bodies.
- There are a few people that have made custom bodies out of wood, why wouldn't these get scale points as well?

youngblood 11-30-2017 12:03 PM

Re: 2018 Scale Rules

Widen the minimum gate width for C3.

Allow dig in C2.

Please.

Highmark 11-30-2017 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greatscott (Post 5771241)
I have noticed the changes in red for the 2017 scale rules, guessing these are the changes that will be in the 2018 rule book...

• No bolt on or stick on external axle or knuckle weights of any kind.
- Does this include portal weights on the TRX4?

Custom Bodies.
- There are a few people that have made custom bodies out of wood, why wouldn't these get scale points as well?

The heavy portal covers are fine - same deal as heavy knuckles.

We've discussed the wood thing before - the take away was that if it looks like a production body its fine, but if it's some balsa sheet glued together it's a no-go.

Highmark 11-30-2017 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youngblood (Post 5771487)
Widen the minimum gate width for C3.

Allow dig in C2.

Please.

The gate defined in the rules is the minimum - course builders can make wider gates.

I believe we voted against incorporating dig in C2.

youngblood 11-30-2017 03:38 PM

Yeah, that's why I used the word "minimum" in my request. It's been my experience that a lot of course designers walk around with a measuring stick and set most of the gates at "minimum." The ratio of gate width vs. C1, 2, &3 truck width is not proportioned properly and it should be revised for C3.

Dig units are gaining popularity and most 1:1 trucks that fit within C2 rules have twin stick dig capability. Dig is scale.

Do the right thing.

Greatscott 11-30-2017 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highmark (Post 5771530)
The heavy portal covers are fine - same deal as heavy knuckles.

We've discussed the wood thing before - the take away was that if it looks like a production body its fine, but if it's some balsa sheet glued together it's a no-go.

Awesome, thanks!!!

Scrap 12-01-2017 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youngblood (Post 5771537)
Yeah, that's why I used the word "minimum" in my request. It's been my experience that a lot of course designers walk around with a measuring stick and set most of the gates at "minimum." The ratio of gate width vs. C1, 2, &3 truck width is not proportioned properly and it should be revised for C3.

Dig units are gaining popularity and most 1:1 trucks that fit within C2 rules have twin stick dig capability. Dig is scale.

Do the right thing.

Three nasty words from me to you: Learn to drive.

A basic scx10 with od/ud gears and xr10 steering mod turns pretty damn tightly. If you can't get through a course with that then you aren't even trying.

Build a narrower C3 rig. The scx10 axles and 2.2 wheels fit together nicely. Besides I've seen many C3 rigs that don't have a dig.

You are clearly trying to make this easier for you. Here's some news for you: This is not supposed to be easy. This is a competition about who can build the best vehicle and get it throught a course with the minimum amount of penalties.

1:1 and SORRCA don' t follow each other very closely. There are plenty of MOA vehicles in the 1:1 world which are not allowed in comps. There are vehicles that can accelerate and brake each wheel independently. Some high end european family saloons can do this so why can't we have it in SORRCA? Braking wheels independently (as in ABS) has been around like forever.

Besides there are a multitude of 1:1 inventions that are not allowed in 1:1 comps.

youngblood 12-06-2017 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrap (Post 5771970)
1:1 and SORRCA don' t follow each other very closely.

Maybe there is an issue with translation to English and you don't understand the definition of "scale" :ror:. I used the dig function in my my street legal 1:1 Jeep last weekend. Put up a poll and let us vote on this.
The people want dig in C2.

Quote:

Learn to drive.
I typically do very well in C3 thank you. I want the gates opened for the average drivers that I often see struggle getting their AR60 based trucks through gates that have less than 1" to spare.

Do the math. 14" minimum gate width for C3 is really just common sense.

Scrap 12-07-2017 10:32 AM

I suggest you check competition in your dictionary.

These are rules for competitions and there are plenty of 1/1 off road competition classes in which a dig is not allowed. There are even classes where you are not allowed to winch.

Were you in a comp with your 1/1?

Besides it has been said countless times that you can make local changes to the rules if you want. Why not start running comps with your digs?

I know people who don't want dig in C2 so there.

C3 is supposed to be the ultimate scale crawling class. So it should to be hard to make a vehicle for it and even harder to make it through the course. But if you want wider gates then participate in making the courses.

I personally like variety in courses and mixing wide gates with narrow ones is one way to get it. Nothing greater then the feeling you get when you nail the line just right and get through that supernarrow gate. On the other hand it's nice to let the roc412 and 4S do their job from time to time.

Greatscott 12-07-2017 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youngblood (Post 5773304)
Maybe there is an issue with translation to English and you don't understand the definition of "scale" :ror:. I used the dig function in my my street legal 1:1 Jeep last weekend. Put up a poll and let us vote on this.
The people want dig in C2.

I typically do very well in C3 thank you. I want the gates opened for the average drivers that I often see struggle getting their AR60 based trucks through gates that have less than 1" to spare.

Do the math. 14" minimum gate width for C3 is really just common sense.

I build most of the C-3 courses for my club, and they are meant to be challenging. With that, I try to make gate 1 - 5 a bit easier to give newer drivers some progress and allow them to build confidence in themselves and their rigs. I find it very annoy to get punched in the face right out of the starting gate. After gate 5 I get more diabolical, and the gates get narrowed up a lot. The thing to keep in perspective is the need to keep in fun and interesting for both the new kids and the old salts, and striking the balance between the two is a big challenge. Also keeping in mind where you are and the members you have, local comps are not the Nationals, competition needs to be all inclusive, and if all courses and gates are always Nationals-difficult, the new guys are not going to come back.

With that, if you really don't like how the C-3 courses are set up at your local comps, show up early and assist with setting them up. After a couple of comps they'll likely toss you the bag of markers and chalk, and have you set them up yourself.

As far as general rules go, you have to draw the line in the sand somewhere, and if you want to compete you have to conform to the standards that are set. Civil discussion is always good on where to move that line, but it does need to be drawn somewhere. For me, I think the scale points are silly, and weight too much into the overall scores. If it were up to me, there would a maximum of 20 scale points total for the comp, that gets calculated into your final course scores.

JMHO... :roll:

stormridersp 12-08-2017 03:57 AM

Class 1 - Details:
• Vehicle must utilize a Chassis Mounted Steering (CMS) setup.
• Vehicle must have a windshield that fills the entire windshield frame.
• Full width bumpers are required on the front and rear of the vehicle. Bumpers that are molded into thebody
qualify. A rear bumper is not required on a flatbed, but adding one to the flatbed will gain the additional
scale points. (Bumpers are measured from the outsides and must be the width of your windshield).
• Wheels must be aligned within the body wheel wells (center of wheels to center of wheel wells +/- 1/2 inch
total combined)
• The vehicles body must be mostly intact. Only mild trimming is allowed, such as removing: flairs, trim,
molding & a hardtop. If the hardtop is removed, a full interior is required (no extreme trimming of bodies
allowed *See below.)
• Bodies should be mounted in a realistic position in relation to the chassis (like a 1:1 would be).
• Any removal of material from behind the front wheel well (except trim/molding) is considered a boat side.
• Boat sides are not allowed.
• Dovetailing is not allowed.
• Sectioning or narrowing of the body is not allowed.
• Bobbing a truck bed is allowed, but must follow all body specs.
Sliders must run parallel to the factory rocker bottom.
• The tread of the tires cannot extend outside of the wheel wells more then 1/2 of the tread width, flairs canbe
added to reach min. spec.
• Vehicle must run a full length rail chassis (The rail chassis must be as long as the vehicleswheelbase)(Tamiya
CC-01 chassis are allowed).
*For 2018, you will be required to run a metal rail chassis AND parallel skid plate in class 1.
• Truggies are not allowed, flatbeds with full length rail chassis are allowed. The bed must be as wide as the cab
the entire length of the bed. Cab only not allowed.
• Tires can never extend beyond the body’s bumpers or the rear of any truck bed. (Any stingers,fairleads,
shackles, bolts, etc. are not considered part of a bumper when determining this.)
• 106mm / 4.19" Max tire size including spares.
• Gates will be a minimum of 11" wide (so mind your width).

I'm sorry having to ask this, but I'm trying to get back to the scale crawlers from a long period out of the hobby altogether and I'm looking forward, now that I live somewhere with a lively scale crawler crowd, to get into competition, so I don't understand some of these in-house terms used in the rules.

1- What are sliders?
2- What are Parallel Skid Plates?
3-Does a Gelande 2 D90 fits into the Metal Rail Chassis description?
4- Btw, what is a Dig that everybody's talking about?
5- Is the RC4WD MTZ 4.19 considered a class 1 tire?

Cheers

Highmark 12-08-2017 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormridersp (Post 5773896)

I'm sorry having to ask this, but I'm trying to get back to the scale crawlers from a long period out of the hobby altogether and I'm looking forward, now that I live somewhere with a lively scale crawler crowd, to get into competition, so I don't understand some of these in-house terms used in the rules.

1- What are sliders?
2- What are Parallel Skid Plates?
3-Does a Gelande 2 D90 fits into the Metal Rail Chassis description?
4- Btw, what is a Dig that everybody's talking about?
5- Is the RC4WD MTZ 4.19 considered a class 1 tire?

Cheers

No problem - you have to learn somewhere!

1. Sliders are tube or plate that protect the rocker panel (bottom of the door) of the vehicle.
2. Most vehicles are fine - the rule is regarding frames like the one on my bug, notice how the frame rail and skid plate slope down at the front and the body doesn't? That's what's illegal now in C1.
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4155/...7e584615_b.jpg
3. Yes.
4. Dig disengages the rear axles so it can either roll freely, or locks it so that the wheels don't turn enabling you to make tighter turns.
5. If a tire is listed as 4.19" or lower it's legal for C1.

stormridersp 12-08-2017 04:25 PM

Thank you Highmark!

badhoopty 12-13-2017 10:22 AM

you guys are screwing the pooch telling people on fb that one-off 3d printed hardbodies arent worthy of custom points. mass produced i understand, but a guy designing a body in cad is just as worthy as a guy doing it with sheet styrene and glue.

"Official response: As the rule stands, a 3d printed body will receive hardbody points, but not custom built points. Custom built points are for a hardbody built from scratch such as styrene sheet."

:roll:

Ditchrat 12-13-2017 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badhoopty (Post 5775503)
you guys are screwing the pooch telling people on fb that one-off 3d printed hardbodies arent worthy of custom points. mass produced i understand, but a guy designing a body in cad is just as worthy as a guy doing it with sheet styrene and glue.

"Official response: As the rule stands, a 3d printed body will receive hardbody points, but not custom built points. Custom built points are for a hardbody built from scratch such as styrene sheet."

:roll:

That whole rule/ruling is BS anyway. How is it any different if I buy a d90 body from a store or buy a hand build body from some guy off the internet?

One gets extra points one doesn't, either way I had nothing to do with the construction.

War Pig 12-13-2017 12:55 PM

Perhaps we just do away with custom points altogether....that would solve all the problems.

badhoopty 12-13-2017 05:21 PM

with the boost hardbody points has already got, maybe getting rid of custom hardbody points all-together will clean up things a bit and give one less thing for people to get hung up on.

im stalled out in regards to comping anyway, but just happened to see the fb post and came here to talk shit since fb seems to be somewhat a safe space. :flipoff:

boob dude 12-13-2017 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by War Pig (Post 5775574)
Perhaps we just do away with custom points altogether....that would solve all the problems.

I’m with ya Tim, and everyone gets -60 for just showing up.

justinart24 12-13-2017 05:37 PM

Quote:

Well, for the years I have been teching trucks at WARCRC events..... I can say I have never given points for a "custom" body. Not a bad idea Piggy."thumbsup"

Ditchrat 12-13-2017 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badhoopty (Post 5775689)
with the boost hardbody points has already got, maybe getting rid of custom hardbody points all-together will clean up things a bit and give one less thing for people to get hung up on.

im stalled out in regards to comping anyway, but just happened to see the fb post and came here to talk shit since fb seems to be somewhat a safe space. :flipoff:

Nah they pissed enough people off that there is now an "official" SORRCA fb page inhabited by rebels. :lmao:

Besides that they direct people to RCC in the about group section for rule discussion.

Highmark 12-15-2017 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ditchrat (Post 5775701)
Nah they pissed enough people off that there is now an "official" SORRCA fb page inhabited by rebels. :lmao:

Besides that they direct people to RCC in the about group section for rule discussion.

Someone could ask 'Do farts smell' on the SORRCA FB and you would get:

-25 posts about what the definition of a fart is each with widely inaccurate and misleading interpretations of things that have nothing to do with farts.
-30 posts about how XJ's coil suspensions 'technically' fit under the definition of a fart because someone's cousin used to wheel one and logged into Pirate a few times and why it's RIDICULOUS they don't get scale points for it.
-A side conversation about someone's flex-friday redcat post waxing lyrically how dumb scale points and winches are and how they'll never compete because they're too cool for that.
- 2-5 posts that actual pertain to the topic at hand and might actually be useful.

In short - Facebook is stupid, and people act like teenage girls on there.

Ditchrat 12-15-2017 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highmark (Post 5776314)
Someone could ask 'Do farts smell' on the SORRCA FB and you would get:

-25 posts about what the definition of a fart is each with widely inaccurate and misleading interpretations of things that have nothing to do with farts.
-30 posts about how XJ's coil suspensions 'technically' fit under the definition of a fart because someone's cousin used to wheel one and logged into Pirate a few times and why it's RIDICULOUS they don't get scale points for it.
-A side conversation about someone's flex-friday redcat post waxing lyrically how dumb scale points and winches are and how they'll never compete because they're too cool for that.
- 2-5 posts that actual pertain to the topic at hand and might actually be useful.

In short - Facebook is stupid, and people act like teenage girls on there.

That was an excellent and entertaining summation. However like it or not, that FB page is the face of SORRCA.

That page and SORRCA by association as a serious optics problem.

War Pig 12-15-2017 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ditchrat (Post 5776324)

What does this mean?

Greatscott 12-15-2017 10:15 AM

Quote:

Well, I wouldn't say that it would solve all of the problems, but it would make life a little simpler...

Where is the balance between rewarding people who make the extra effort and the whole mess getting out of hand? I still think 20 points max, and that gets calculated to someone's overall score.

Of course, I miss the simplicity of comp crawling, just make sure the WB is within spec and go...

boob dude 12-15-2017 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ditchrat (Post 5776324)
That was an excellent and entertaining summation. However like it or not, that FB page is the face of SORRCA.

RCC it much better than Facebook, I have never in my life seen people fight over the most stupid shit ever.

Funny thing is 98% of the people that post Sorrca sucks or they have to many rules, have never competed and never will but think that they could beat the over all National champ without breaking a sweat.

And yes Jon farts stink and so does FACEBOOK.

distinctive pd 12-15-2017 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boob dude (Post 5776527)
RCC it much better than Facebook, I have never in my life seen people fight over the most stupid shit ever.

Funny thing is 98% of the people that post Sorrca sucks or they have to many rules, have never competed and never will but think that they could beat the over all National champ without breaking a sweat.

And yes Jon farts stink and so does FACEBOOK.

Touche my friend! FB is a big waste of time!

Ditchrat 12-18-2017 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by distinctive pd (Post 5776534)
Touche my friend! FB is a big waste of time!

I am not a fan of FB, but you can not ignore the impact it has on any organization. Like it or not it is the easiest and first way many people are going to find any given organization. Years ago it was google, now it is FB search.

FB is a business card, people are not going to find any given page, ignore the duechbagger occurring and assume it isn't representative of the people involved in the page.

It really doen't matter what the truth is, it only matter what is perceived.

Just an FYI, I have a friend that is a fishing guide who's only advertising presence is participating in several fishing FB groups. It is a side job for him, however he makes really good money from it, and turns away business. Just hanging out on FB makes him $450.00 a trip 60-80 days a year. Before FB when I guided I spent weeks going to fishing shows, running a web forum and writing for magazines to get the customer base he has.

distinctive pd 12-18-2017 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ditchrat (Post 5777250)
I am not a fan of FB, but you can not ignore the impact it has on any organization. Like it or not it is the easiest and first way many people are going to find any given organization. Years ago it was google, now it is FB search.

FB is a business card, people are not going to find any given page, ignore the duechbagger occurring and assume it isn't representative of the people involved in the page.

It really doen't matter what the truth is, it only matter what is perceived.

Just an FYI, I have a friend that is a fishing guide who's only advertising presence is participating in several fishing FB groups. It is a side job for him, however he makes really good money from it, and turns away business. Just hanging out on FB makes him $450.00 a trip 60-80 days a year. Before FB when I guided I spent weeks going to fishing shows, running a web forum and writing for magazines to get the customer base he has.

Thats all fair and well in some cases but I still prefer human interaction, business hand shakes, face to face and phone calls etc... Facebook just allows for low integrity, ignorance and people no longer having meaningful face to face conversation.

Also,
I agree with what's said above, most people complaining about SORRCA and events (which are a blast) through FB have never attended an event, but because of FB it gives our fierce "keyboard warriors" the opportunity to be ignorant. Just like every other thread in this damn forum now has turned into the same 6 or 8 morons arguing about the same ol crap.

Gotta love our fierce warriors defending us from evil empires like SORRCA, Axial, HPI ETC....

Heroesneverquit 12-18-2017 11:26 PM

So im new to RCing and such but it seems like a lot of people dislike sorrca. I mean I dont like the fact that if one guy spent more time building his rig he could drive worse and still win but my big question is though. Why doesn't the community get together to replace it?

Motorider 12-19-2017 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heroesneverquit (Post 5777574)
So im new to RCing and such but it seems like a lot of people dislike sorrca. I mean I dont like the fact that if one guy spent more time building his rig he could drive worse and still win but my big question is though. Why doesn't the community get together to replace it?

First of all I am new to this hobby. Been crawling for a little over a year now. I absolutely love it. I am now in the process of building 3 comp rigs for 2018. I dont agree with some things that SORRCA does, but Ill follow the rules. I seriously doubt anyone is going to be able to get a large enough group of people to agree on a new set of rules, because just like anything else, large groups of people will never agree on anything. Look at our nations congress. No matter how hard you try, you can not satisfy the needs of all. Compromise is a tough word for many. So here we are discussing the rules that are always in question. 1st world problems, yea?

That being said, I wish there was less emphasis on all the scale parts, and more on the driving. Im seriously considering a shafty for next year as well. Maybe I can get enough people interested to organize a comp. Who knows. What I do know is I just want to have fun with my toy trucks.

sgtbham 12-19-2017 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heroesneverquit (Post 5777574)

A lot of people on facebook dislike lots of things, its whats "in". The reason the community doesnt come together and fix that is because its simply not true, scale points cant work miracles. The people that say that are usually the same people who cant understand why they dont have max points because they strapped 5 proline canoes to their roof. Try out a sorrca comp, it will all make sense - I bet like less than 5% of the people on facebook who hate sorrca so much have even been to an event.

Highmark 12-19-2017 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motorider (Post 5777629)
First of all I am new to this hobby. Been crawling for a little over a year now. I absolutely love it. I am now in the process of building 3 comp rigs for 2018. I dont agree with some things that SORRCA does, but Ill follow the rules. I seriously doubt anyone is going to be able to get a large enough group of people to agree on a new set of rules, because just like anything else, large groups of people will never agree on anything. Look at our nations congress. No matter how hard you try, you can not satisfy the needs of all. Compromise is a tough word for many. So here we are discussing the rules that are always in question. 1st world problems, yea?

That being said, I wish there was less emphasis on all the scale parts, and more on the driving. Im seriously considering a shafty for next year as well. Maybe I can get enough people interested to organize a comp. Who knows. What I do know is I just want to have fun with my toy trucks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgtbham (Post 5777632)
A lot of people on facebook dislike lots of things, its whats "in". The reason the community doesnt come together and fix that is because its simply not true, scale points cant work miracles. The people that say that are usually the same people who cant understand why they dont have max points because they strapped 5 proline canoes to their roof. Try out a sorrca comp, it will all make sense - I bet like less than 5% of the people on facebook who hate sorrca so much have never even been to an event.

Well said guys. A lot of people don't get that we don't 'force' local clubs to run the rules 100%. There are plenty of clubs that run with no scale points, or who modify the points or classes to meet what works in the area.

VMGontheRocks 12-19-2017 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justinart24 (Post 5775698)
Well, for the years I have been teching trucks at WARCRC events..... I can say I have never given points for a "custom" body. Not a bad idea Piggy."thumbsup"

Sure you have, Devlin's C1 body.

Ironhide13 12-20-2017 12:30 PM

Class 1 - Details:

• Truggies are not allowed, flatbeds with full length rail chassis are allowed. The bed must be as wide as the cab

I have a question on this rule, and I couldn't find an answer in a search of here. As I understand it, an Axial SCX10/II Honcho is considered a truggie, correct? and this is because it doesn't have a full on pickup style bed, right?

Would adding the Dinky RC Honcho Bedside kit change it from a truggie and into a legal Class 1 since it would look like a pickup bed with a roll cage?

https://www.dinkyrc.com/collections/...nt=14053341574

GiJoe 12-20-2017 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motorider (Post 5777629)
First of all I am new to this hobby. Been crawling for a little over a year now. I absolutely love it. I am now in the process of building 3 comp rigs for 2018.

That being said, I wish there was less emphasis on all the scale parts, and more on the driving.

SORRCA Rules work. Period
Once you start attending comps, you'll quickly realise the FB drama is completely unfounded and silly.
The people, camraderie and smiles is addicting. You will be absolutely hooked.

Addressing your quote above, the "Scale Parts" and looks are what this is all about.
The competetition is every bit as fierce as "Shafty Comp Crawling", but with a whole new dimension. Embrace it, don't fight it. The emphasis on driving is there.

You will quickly learn 3 things about the Top Drivers at any SORRCA Comp:
1. They are MASTERS at reading terrain, strategizing and making split second decisions.
2. Their vehicles perform at the highest levels 100% of the time.
3. They are MAXED OUT on scale points.

Its ALL part of the game if you want to be at the top. And its a fun game to play! ;-)

GiJoe 12-20-2017 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironhide13 (Post 5778105)
Class 1 - Details:

I have a question on this rule, and I couldn't find an answer in a search of here. As I understand it, an Axial SCX10/II Honcho is considered a truggie, correct? and this is because it doesn't have a full on pickup style bed, right?

Would adding the Dinky RC Honcho Bedside kit change it from a truggie and into a legal Class 1 since it would look like a pickup bed with a roll cage?

https://www.dinkyrc.com/collections/...nt=14053341574

A Truggy has the framerails cut behind the cab and replaced with a tube structure.

If the framerails are fully intact (front to back), then its considered a tube bed and perfectly legal as long as all other dimensions/requirements are met.

Ironhide13 12-20-2017 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GiJoe (Post 5778111)
A Truggy has the framerails cut behind the cab and replaced with a tube structure.

If the framerails are fully intact (front to back), then its considered a tube bed and perfectly legal as long as all other dimensions/requirements are met.

Thanks, but it seems even Axial themselves are confused because on their own blog they said the Honcho wasn't Class 1 legal. Hence, my confusion...
I think the Honcho still uses full length rails, and the Honcho cage/bed bolts to the cab and sits on top of the rails.

binaryterror 12-20-2017 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironhide13 (Post 5778105)
Class 1 - Details:

• Truggies are not allowed, flatbeds with full length rail chassis are allowed. The bed must be as wide as the cab the entire length of the bed. Cab only not allowed.

The stock Honcho Tube Bed does not meet the rule as written. At the end is tapers in.

http://www.axialracing.com/assets/pr...jpg?1326817890

Ironhide13 12-20-2017 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by binaryterror (Post 5778146)
The stock Honcho Tube Bed does not meet the rule as written. At the end is tapers in.

http://www.axialracing.com/assets/pr...jpg?1326817890

Ah, I see the difference now. So, back to my original question, the Dinky bedside kit should bring it up to C1 legal, right?

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/11...f?v=1453562716

Evo93 12-20-2017 06:43 PM

Hello quick question about boat sides.
It says under class one any trimming behind the front tire is considered a boat side. Is this also true for class 2? Because I've already trimmed my fenders out and would like to pinch both the front and the back. Also going to bob the bed.
Any input would be awesome. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk