Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Scale Comp Rules

Notices

Thread: Winch adjusting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2018, 12:45 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Winch adjusting

Quick question on winching and adjustments that can be made without taking another 3 points...

If you set your winch hook, and decide to move it, that is another 3 points. What if you need to adjust your winch line, but do not change the anchor point of your hook, is that add 3 points.

At time 1:12 of the video shows what I mean:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IPKtTWK29o

The winch line had jumped the spool, and was binding the winch, without changing the anchor point, I let some line out, reset the line on the spool, and started pulling in again.

If I were judging I would not give three more points, to me this is a normal part of using a winch. How would you score this if you were judging?
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2018, 06:17 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Winch adjusting

same pull. I wouldn't add 3 points. I think your good. if you have to move your mounting point then you add another 3 points. I see most people with the slow warn winches don't pull enough line and then don't winch themselves through the hard spot they cant make it through and if they have to move their winch mounting point then another 3 points is added. 10 points for a reposition
intheworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 09:47 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

You are penalized +3 when you hook up your winch line and start spooling in. As soon as you touched your winch line again, it was a second winch penalty.
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 10:17 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post
You are penalized +3 when you hook up your winch line and start spooling in. As soon as you touched your winch line again, it was a second winch penalty.
Not to be *that guy*, but does the penalty follow this exactly? Like, if I hook up, then check the course again and decide to move the anchor farther up the course, and THEN begin spooling, does it count as two penalties or one?
micro racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 09:49 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by micro racer View Post
Not to be *that guy*, but does the penalty follow this exactly? Like, if I hook up, then check the course again and decide to move the anchor farther up the course, and THEN begin spooling, does it count as two penalties or one?
Once you hook it up and take your hand off it is a winch. If you decide “hey, I don’t like that, I’m going to rehook it” then it’s a second winch. Hooking the winch up and taking your hand off is the deciding factor.
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 12:15 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post
In principal I disagree with your answer, but I do understand it. Thank you for posting it.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 08:17 PM   #7

We just had this scenario pop up at our local small comps. We are super laid back and had a discussion about It. To me, if I am winching my 1:1 rig out and have to adjust anything on the winch itself (I have a super old warm with ha d brake and clutch etc.) It doesn’t change the fact that my cable is hooked to something. Therefore I would consider It one winch. I get both sides of the argument. I think that’s a local comps decision on how they want to rule It.
Buchhop2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 03:25 PM   #8

I think that it would be 3 points because the actual point does not change.
axben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 12:55 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

When you pulled the line YOU stopped the RC from rolling backwards. You can't move or stop the vehicle with your power with out penalty. That would have been 10 points (hand of God or assisted recovery) and 1 point for reverse where I comp and sent back to the last gate you went through. You couldn't do that with you winch line either, you would have to rehook if you want to change anything another 3 points. When winching there is a "no touch" rule. You grab only the hook and hook it then unhook it, that is it.

Last edited by MOguy; 02-06-2021 at 01:50 PM.
MOguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Winch adjusting - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Adjusting steering YounWha Axial SCX-10 6 03-14-2020 12:00 AM
ae-2 adjusting question DirtyBird33 Newbie General 6 04-07-2011 12:57 AM
MRC mixer adjusting?s zr600 Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 4 04-10-2010 06:17 PM
adjusting drivetrain towjockeyrc10 Axial SCX-10 2 10-10-2009 06:48 PM
Adjusting shocks?? jkwrangler08 Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 2 08-06-2009 05:08 PM