RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Scale Comp Rules (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/scale-comp-rules/)
-   -   2019 Scale Rules (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/scale-comp-rules/604329-2019-scale-rules.html)

devilman_76 12-04-2018 05:17 AM

2019 Scale Rules

here the rulez 2019.

http://sorrca.com/rules/2018Rules.pdf

only a change.

in Class 1 Requirements:

(Bumpers are measured from the outsides and must be the width of your windshield).

was there another way?:shock:

tks to all!!!

struhall 12-05-2018 09:31 PM

Re: 2019 Scale Rules

I'm going to say it before someone else does. Widest point of the windshield or the top?

I have no problem with it and my C1 truck bumper is wider than the widest point of the windshield so I'm good.

Scrap 12-06-2018 12:00 PM

Yeah. What he said.

There has been so many questions about rules just like this one that one would think that you could atleast think about it beforehand and write the rule down so that there is no possibility to missunderstand it.

So is it the widest part or the narrowest or something inbetween?

distinctive pd 12-06-2018 08:12 PM

its always been the bottom of the windshield unless that has changed.....

Scrap 12-07-2018 11:53 AM

Where does it say that?

Inspector86 12-07-2018 04:30 PM

Just curious what this means.

"No bolt on or stick on external axle or knuckle weights of any kind."

Specifically on a TRX4. Does this mean portal weights such as those offered by SSD where the weight is actually the outer half of the portal gear case allowed or not?

Robartfx 12-08-2018 02:33 AM

This has probably been gone over before in previous threads.... brass or bronze... is this the actual material its made from or does an aluminium servo horn anodised bronze not legal?

Scrap 12-08-2018 06:59 AM

Yep.

Bronze and brass coloured parts are illegal. And that applies to bodies too. :lmao:

Robartfx 12-08-2018 01:56 PM

Bodies too.... WTF! That seems to be a joke... there are many 1:1 production made 4wds that that came out in a gold/bronze tone options.... lucky the color of a servo horn is an easy fix...

slimfire 02-13-2019 03:27 AM

1 question about Class 2 and body Chassiss modification.
It states:

"Truggies
Truggies are allowed but must meet all of the following
requirements:
• The ladder frame must be replaced with tube behind the cab.
• This tube must extend past the rear axle pumpkin.
• The bed must have a roll bar hoop and integrated shock
mounts which is a structural part of the vehicle
."

Is the Hocho rear cage allowed as Truggy and gets some points or not? (actually it does not replaces the shock mounts..."

Thanks a lot

coffeeaddict17 02-13-2019 04:23 AM

I thought for sure portals , in class 1 would be made illegal for 2019. This created quite an issue amongst folks at our local comp not long ago.

Greatscott 02-13-2019 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeeaddict17 (Post 5909969)
I thought for sure portals , in class 1 would be made illegal for 2019. This created quite an issue amongst folks at our local comp not long ago.

Why would they be illegal in any class?

Not to poke you in the eye, but it is ticky-tacky shit like this that is pushing people away from comps.

rkj__ 02-13-2019 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greatscott (Post 5909996)

I'm guessing the opposition to portal axles in class 1 would be based on the fact that they are not common in the 1:1 rigs that the class 1 RCs mimic.

coffeeaddict17 02-14-2019 04:10 AM

Quote:

Not to poke you in the eye, but it is ticky-tacky shit like this that is pushing people away from comps.

Thankfully, I'm not the one who had the problem, but basically the fellow causing such issue was arguing that the 1:1 version doesn't come with portals so it should be illegal in class 1.

I agree with you. I would enjoy the comp segment of the hobby far more, if there was a " run what you brung class". Even more so at smaller events where teching a truck doesn't happen. Seeing folks show up with weights zip tied to axles etc for class 2, just doesn't sit well.

Ditchrat 02-14-2019 07:14 AM

Quote:

You are absolutely correct and all can be avoided by proper rule writing. Right and reading of rules and regulations, in general is an art that requires some experience to get correct.

btoungette 02-14-2019 07:56 AM

The stock Axial Honcho rear cage when used on a stock chassis does not qualify as a Truggy because:

It should get points as a plastic roll bar, or maybe a plastic tube bed. Either one is -1 scale point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by slimfire (Post 5909964)
1 question about Class 2 and body Chassiss modification.
It states:

"Truggies
Truggies are allowed but must meet all of the following
requirements:
• This tube must extend past the rear axle pumpkin.
• The bed must have a roll bar hoop and integrated shock
mounts which is a structural part of the vehicle
."

Is the Hocho rear cage allowed as Truggy and gets some points or not? (actually it does not replaces the shock mounts..."

Thanks a lot

Greatscott 02-14-2019 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkj__ (Post 5910001)
I'm guessing the opposition to portal axles in class 1 would be based on the fact that they are not common in the 1:1 rigs that the class 1 RCs mimic.

Around that Americas, no, but they are popular on 4x4s in the EU. Most of these rigs scaled down would be C1.

Ditchrat 02-14-2019 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greatscott (Post 5910312)
Around that Americas, no, but they are popular on 4x4s in the EU. Most of these rigs scaled down would be C1.

For good reason, portals suck in the rocks, and in the mountains. They are designed for high ground clearance on the open plains and deserts, where the center of gravity doesn't matter.

Course designers could easily make a course where it is no longer an advantage.

slimfire 02-14-2019 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btoungette (Post 5910260)
The stock Axial Honcho rear cage when used on a stock chassis does not qualify as a Truggy because:

It should get points as a plastic roll bar, or maybe a plastic tube bed. Either one is -1 scale point.

Many thanks!

dungeonracer 05-10-2019 09:57 AM

Quote:

You are absolutely correct and all can be avoided by proper rule writing. Right and reading of rules and regulations, in general is an art that requires some experience to get correct.

Not to sound disrespectful, but good luck writing rules and regulations in such a way that everyone clearly understands it. In my experience, the more you try to clarify a rule, the more confusion it gets.

What makes it hard is, when you write a simple rule, people immediately look for ways to get around it. This leads to updating the rule, and making it more confusing.