Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Scale Comp Rules

Notices

Thread: Class 2 Qestion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2020, 12:53 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Class 2 Qestion

Class-2 “Trail” Details:
"• Body/cage work must be at least 4.5" tall (including boat sides) and the inside of the front tires cannot extend outside of the width of the cab at the doors."

If I get power wagon body can I cut off the fenders for the front and the Bed? Would this be considered pinching?

• "A front bumper is required and must be mounted to the vehicle's rail chassis and must be wider than the outside of the chassis rails (chassis cross rails do not count as bumpers)."

If I get a stinger type bumper that slides into or around the frame rail and extends no further is that OK?
MOguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2020, 12:40 AM   #2

Default Re: Class 2 Qestion

A lot of people must run wheels with an offset then.
Thedesertplumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 08:53 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
A lot of people must run wheels with an offset then.
Dunno if many do, but they have to keep in mind the gates could be as narrow as 12" wide, and you may not be able to go straight thru them. Thus, the wider you go, the more likely you'll hit a gate.
dungeonracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 09:10 AM   #4
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOguy View Post

Class-2 “Trail” Details:
"• Body/cage work must be at least 4.5" tall (including boat sides) and the inside of the front tires cannot extend outside of the width of the cab at the doors."

If I get power wagon body can I cut off the fenders for the front and the Bed? Would this be considered pinching?

• "A front bumper is required and must be mounted to the vehicle's rail chassis and must be wider than the outside of the chassis rails (chassis cross rails do not count as bumpers)."

If I get a stinger type bumper that slides into or around the frame rail and extends no further is that OK?

Removing the front fenders would be considered pinching due to the fact that the hood without fenders does not meet the 2/3rd of widest point of the cab specification. Example: The PW cab is 6" wide, 2/3rd of 6" would be 4", however with the fenders removed completely it now measures roughly 3.5", out of spec for C2. But if you leave a 1/4" of fender per side, you can then meet the 2/3rd rule. NOTE: example measurements are not exact and would be based of actual body specifications. Also note: this is still considered pinching the front which is one of the three body mods allowed in Class 2. You may only use two of the three body mods, pinch(also narrowing the hood), boat side or dove tail(also narrowing the bed).

Bumper must be wider than the chassis where it mounts, so mounted on the outside of the chassis rails.
R2j is offline   Reply With Quote

Class 2 Qestion - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
wheel qestion ramcharger4x4 Tires and Wheels 2 01-07-2010 09:22 PM
punisher shaft qestion vtt Tamiya CR-01 3 07-15-2008 02:29 PM
Qestion about insurance on verizon cell xxizzer421xx Chit Chat 5 03-24-2008 07:44 PM
Just a car audio qestion? xxizzer421xx Chit Chat 44 12-06-2007 09:31 PM
just a qestion xxizzer421xx Chit Chat 20 02-24-2007 08:42 PM