Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Scale Comp Rules

Notices

Thread: Winches and functional scale points.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2021, 05:37 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Winches and functional scale points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildirt View Post
I get this thread now. It’s more of a rant as opposed to a poll. I approached it from the wrong angle

Scale accessories are primarily for appearance. You don’t see guys filling up these rigs with those little jerry cans. The traction boards are useless because these rigs don’t need them, too capable and light. You won’t see a guy pull out the tiny little axe and clear a trail with it...I could keep going but you get the point. The definition you shared covers these items comprehensively I think.

Class 1 requires bumpers, what would be their function besides appearance.? For scale looks.

You kind of answer your own question...anyways back to my coffee

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Exactly but a Jerry can or axe are nonfunctional points and a sand ladder or tow strap are functional, two different categories but both are scale. They are made to look like a real item.

Bumpers are in their own category, class 2 also requires bumpers but they don't have to be as wide. But they look like bumpers on a real vehicle, they are scale. Even a scale looking engine can gets point. It looks real but serves not purpose.

Everything on the worksheet for scale points looks something real excerpt a servo used as a winch.

Last edited by MOguy; 02-10-2021 at 05:51 AM.
MOguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2021, 06:11 AM   #22
RCC Addict

Default Re: Winches and functional scale points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOguy View Post
Exactly but a Jerry can or axe are nonfunctional points and a sand ladder or tow strap are functional, two different categories but both are scale. They are made to look like a real item.

Bumpers are in their own category, class 2 also requires bumpers but they don't have to be as wide. But they look like bumpers on a real vehicle, they are scale. Even a scale looking engine can gets point. It looks real but serves not purpose.

Everything on the worksheet for scale points looks something real excerpt a servo used as a winch.

*in your opinion. As SLN and I pointed out there are plenty of 1:1 rigs with a hidden winch...we could go round and round for days there. Your best bet is to get clarification or protest to the club or person organizing the event if it bugs you that much. Personally I'd attempt win the comp with my excellent driving skills instead of worrying about that single item in that category. Kind of nitpicky imo.
Phildirt is offline   Reply With Quote

Winches and functional scale points. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
functional scale shocks DarinM 1.9 Scale Rigs 8 01-21-2010 01:30 PM
Functional Scale Antenna ?? rcracer General Scale Talk 3 12-09-2009 06:44 PM