Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Scale Comp Rules

Notices

Thread: What's up with SORCCA?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2022, 08:08 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default What's up with SORCCA?

I've tried to find some up-to-date rules, but been unable to reach any server at www.sorcca.com.
Olle P is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2022, 08:25 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: What's up with SORCCA?

Maybe because it's SORRCA, not sorcca.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 08:56 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Lol.
Ninomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 03:09 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
Maybe because it's SORRCA, not sorcca.
My bad for this thread, but doesn't solve the main issue:
www.sorrca.com is unavailabe!
Old 05-12-2022, 08:01 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

they are on Facebook, they have a link to the rules. You can ask a question and get an answer but they really don't allow any discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/728968087206242
MOguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 05:41 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Except the link is broke, goes to same broken URL.

https://thecrawlspaceco.com/sorrca-rules

Wonder if they are going the way of the dodo... they need to cause they don't understand the definition of the words they use in the "rules" anyway. Exceptions for everything except tire size.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
tigris99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 07:41 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
Except the link is broke, goes to same broken URL.

https://thecrawlspaceco.com/sorrca-rules

Wonder if they are going the way of the dodo... they need to cause they don't understand the definition of the words they use in the "rules" anyway. Exceptions for everything except tire size.

They are on Facebook now, they say and have said the site is down for a long time. My bet is it never comes up. Facebook is easy to manage, webpages are a PIA. On their Facebook page you can ask a question and get an official answer. Much better now than it was.

There is a handful of SORRCA officials, none get a paycheck. It is not a professional organization just a small group of people trying to please allot of people. No matter what they do people will still complain.
Old 05-16-2022, 10:59 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOguy View Post
They are on Facebook now, they say and have said the site is down for a long time. My bet is it never comes up. Facebook is easy to manage, webpages are a PIA. On their Facebook page you can ask a question and get an official answer. Much better now than it was.

There is a handful of SORRCA officials, none get a paycheck. It is not a professional organization just a small group of people trying to please allot of people. No matter what they do people will still complain.
I figured it was like other rc organizations, basically the guys from companies and what not ran it. The exceptions to definitions usually comes for some profitability to whatever company the organization members work for. A handful of guys just trying to get some form of standards figured out so people aren't confused as hell from one event to the next ain't easy. So I'll quit picking at them lol.

Old 05-16-2022, 12:04 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I figured it was like other rc organizations, basically the guys from companies and what not ran it. The exceptions to definitions usually comes for some profitability to whatever company the organization members work for. A handful of guys just trying to get some form of standards figured out so people aren't confused as hell from one event to the next ain't easy. So I'll quit picking at them lol.

I have been doing this going on my 3rd year. Things and the way of building has even changed during my short time. The rules just can't keep up. Scale is not scale. if you look at their build rules, course and point sheet things are easy enough to understand for the most part put there are things left out or that could be better explained. Then they say it depends on your local place, but what if there is more than one. They say it is supposed to be clearer when for 2023 but they said that for 2021 and probably 2020.

Last edited by MOguy; 05-16-2022 at 12:07 PM.
Old 05-18-2022, 04:09 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
They are on Facebook now, ... On their Facebook page you can ask a question and get an official answer. Much better now than it was.
1. They're in a closed group to which interested persons need to apply.
2. My first question would be: What are the rules?

FB might work well for those that are already in the loop, but it's bad in terms of attracting new drivers.

I just want the ability to do quick rule check-ups and have some reference where to direct other persons.
Old 05-18-2022, 04:56 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olle P View Post

FB might work well for those that are already in the loop, but it's bad in terms of attracting new drivers.

I just want the ability to do quick rule check-ups and have some reference where to direct other persons.
I completely understand where you're coming from. I, too, am not a fan of "antisocial media" (what I call it...and, with good reason). With all the security leaks these sites have had over the years, like many others, I do not trust them. Unfortunately, organizations such as SORRCA have chosen to be 'Faceboo- only' entities, which leaves people like us only two options - 1) be 'forced' back onto these platforms (even if only for RC-related matters, as I now do), or 2) remain in one's stance against "antisocial media" platforms, and be 'forced' into not being able to participate.

Several years ago, I deleted all content from my FB page, before closing it. I know that it is possible to close a FB account without deleting information, as they "claim" everything will be deleted...but, like many others, I did not trust them. However, after deciding to get back involved in RC after a 35+-year absence, I was, for lack of a better way of putting it, 'forced' back onto FB.

You are at the same crossroads I was at. You need to decide whether it's worth it to maintain your 'stance' against "antisocial media"...or, whether you are willing to "give in", so as to be able to have access to certain RC information, and partake in certain RC activities. It's not 'fair'...but, unfortunately, those are the only two options.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 05:58 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:

New drivers can request to be part of the group and there is a link to the rules.

After seeing the crap that people post in the open groups (I have been guilty of this) I would close the group.

SORRCA is a few people that have written some rules that people just bitch about. They really don't have to answer to anyone. I am surprised (and happy) they keep doing what they do.

Last edited by MOguy; 05-18-2022 at 06:09 AM.
Old 05-18-2022, 06:47 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

you dont need fakebook to play with rc cars social media has nothing to do with my rc cars

i think of fakebook as a interactive phone book beyond that its useless in my opinion
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 09:04 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
you dont need fakebook to play with rc cars social media has nothing to do with my rc cars

i think of fakebook as a interactive phone book beyond that its useless in my opinion
Actually for many it's semi-required. Local groups/clubs pretty much operate on a Facebook group page. As well as many have gone to groups so forums like here for instance are dying.

Anymore I have come to realize something. Facebook or not, if you have a smart phone and use it at all, the government and companies have every detail of your life anyway. Once you've been on Facebook for any period of time your screwed.

Old 05-18-2022, 10:23 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post

Without the social part of this hobby I wouldn't be involved. Facebook is a easy way to find other with similar interest.
Old 05-18-2022, 10:59 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Without the social part of this hobby I wouldn't be involved. Facebook is a easy way to find other with similar interest.
Same here. I love building scale rigs but if it wasn't for the awesome people I've met and crawl with, I would have stopped with my knightrunner being a shelf queen as a scale model version of my 1:1.

Old 05-18-2022, 01:20 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Same here. I love building scale rigs but if it wasn't for the awesome people I've met and crawl with, I would have stopped with my knightrunner being a shelf queen as a scale model version of my 1:1.

Exactly, I would have probably never even bought one. I got a couple RC car for my kids and started poking around on Facebook and one thing led to another.
Old 05-20-2022, 07:42 AM   #18
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member

We are in the process of switching to a new web host, in the mean time, 2022 rule set did not change from 2021 and can be found on the SORRCA Facebook page. Sorry for the inconvenience.
R2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 11:35 AM   #19
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2j View Post
We are in the process of switching to a new web host, in the mean time, 2022 rule set did not change from 2021 and can be found on the SORRCA Facebook page. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Do we need to join that page to view? Because I've tried the link there and goes to dead air.

Old 05-20-2022, 11:46 AM   #20
Rock Crawler

Quote:

Why ??Arent you in Sweden anymore ?? Europe has its own set of Associations/Rules/Competitions.
https://fr.isrcc.eu/en/rules/
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...0pVEahDARBghMg

Last edited by themountain; 05-20-2022 at 11:54 AM.
themountain is offline   Reply With Quote

What's up with SORCCA? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SORCCA Cash Crawl Bugs Crawler North Carolina 5 10-27-2017 02:58 PM
SORCCA in the midwest........ Tgreer Scale Comp Rules 1 10-20-2016 07:32 AM
Who runs Sorcca? JohnRobHolmes Scale Comp Rules 3 07-18-2014 04:15 PM
SORCCA Rules sally1800 Illinois 9 02-26-2012 09:37 PM