RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Scale Nationals (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/scale-nationals/)
-   -   Course Information & Itinerary Thread (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/scale-nationals/446143-course-information-itinerary-thread.html)

AJ. 05-24-2013 02:48 PM

Course Information & Itinerary Thread

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...ps82d8b64f.jpg

Course information:

1. We will be running 3 courses per class, with a finals course.

2. The Finals will be the Top 5 drivers from each class. Points will carry over to The Finals.

3. We will be deducting 50% of your scale points per course....so if you have a 50 point truck and you are running 3 courses, you will end up with -75 scale points deducted from your driving score for the day. A 40 point truck will have -60 scale points total, etc.

4. There will be a scale point cap of 60 points in Class 1, 50 points in Class 2, and 50 points in Class 3.

Event itinerary:

Thursday night:

Check in at hotel.
Possible dinner and meet-and-greet?

Friday morning:

-Tech inspection from 7:30 to 8:30.
-Drivers meeting @ 8:45.
-Class 1 starts @ 9:00.
All 3 courses will be running at the same time. Once a truck gets halfway through the course, the next one will start.

-Lunch break @ 12:00 (approx. 30 minutes)

-Class 3 will start @ 12:30.
All 3 courses running at the same time just like Class 1.

-Class 1 Finals @ 4:00
-Class 3 Finals @ 5:00

After a dinner break we will be meeting back at the hotel conference room for the Concours.(around 8:00)

Saturday morning:

-Tech Inspection from 7:30 to 8:30.
-Drivers meeting @ 8:45.
-Class 2 will start @ 9:00.
All 3 courses will be run at the same time once again until done.

-Lunch break @ 12:00 (approx. 30 min.)

-King of The Peaks @ 2:00
-Class 2 Finals @ 4:00

After we are done, there will be a dinner break before returning to the hotel conference room (around 8:00) for Concours awards, driving awards, and raffle.

Sunday morning:

TTC in St. George.

-Meet at site at 8:00 for check in.
-Drivers meeting at 8:30.
-Start at 9:00.

This itinerary is subject to change, but will give you an idea of what is happening and when.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

War Pig 05-24-2013 11:04 PM

Re: Course Information & Itinerary Thread

Sounds great Aaron. I'm getting more and more excited about this ever day.

I'm assuming that the TTC is a "vote in" like it has been in the past?

AJ. 05-25-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by War Pig (Post 4335674)
I'm assuming that the TTC is a "vote in" like it has been in the past?

YES, more info to come! "thumbsup"

NaZ-T 07-19-2013 04:35 PM

Just curious as to why the TTC is at a separate location?

It's been many years since I competed in this type of scale event but with this being pretty close and at my favorite crawl spot I'm considering attending (not to be Mr competitive more just to drive a bit and hang out)

Reason I ask is, I don't see what St George has for the TTC that Cedar/3 Peaks doesn't.

Say I go, it's a pretty big inconvenience to setup camp Thursday night/Friday morning stay till Sunday morning, load up camp drive an additional 60 miles to SG, check out the TTC then Drive the same 60 miles back past Cedar to get home.

A lot of work to pack up camp and move plus added mileage or just skip the TTC, then is it worth the trip just to do class 1-3

If it were all in the same place It wouldn't make it harder for anyone but it would make it easier for some.

If there is a good reason as to why TTC is in SG then so be it, I'll just have to make my choice.

If it was all at 3 peaks or all in SG I'd be going for sure, but this multi location stuff has me wondering if it'll be worth it.

Mr. LowBudget 07-19-2013 07:13 PM

Mike, I think the reason for St.George on the TTC. Is because its on private property and they have access to some Equitment to build some really killer courses... The problem with Twin Peaks is its a State Park, as you know we'll and I'm sure they don't want anything done that might damage the land/environment... You know how the damn tree huggers are here in Utah.

I think if they started building a mud bog and tank traps someone would have a freakin cow over it lol...

801RYAN 07-19-2013 09:20 PM

Anymore info on king of the peaks?... like format.thanks in advance.

boob dude 07-20-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 801RYAN (Post 4405548)
Anymore info on king of the peaks?... like format.thanks in advance.

It's like a mass start winner take all 100 to 200 gate ULTRA 4.

War Pig 07-20-2013 12:14 PM

If I have any say in it, it'll be longer than 200 gates :mrgreen:. I want it to be EPIC!

I'd like to see the 1.9's leave and then have the 2.2's leave 5 minutes later....makes for some fun "bump to pass" driving.

War Pig 07-20-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NaZ-T (Post 4405184)
Just curious as to why the TTC is at a separate location?

It's been many years since I competed in this type of scale event but with this being pretty close and at my favorite crawl spot I'm considering attending (not to be Mr competitive more just to drive a bit and hang out)

Reason I ask is, I don't see what St George has for the TTC that Cedar/3 Peaks doesn't.

Say I go, it's a pretty big inconvenience to setup camp Thursday night/Friday morning stay till Sunday morning, load up camp drive an additional 60 miles to SG, check out the TTC then Drive the same 60 miles back past Cedar to get home.

A lot of work to pack up camp and move plus added mileage or just skip the TTC, then is it worth the trip just to do class 1-3

If it were all in the same place It wouldn't make it harder for anyone but it would make it easier for some.

If there is a good reason as to why TTC is in SG then so be it, I'll just have to make my choice.

If it was all at 3 peaks or all in SG I'd be going for sure, but this multi location stuff has me wondering if it'll be worth it.

It's going to be worth it. Attending and watching a TTC is really fun, especially if you are competing.

The reason it's in a different location is listed above. Due to the extensive amount of work involved with building 7 TTC courses they had to find private property with an on site water supply. They have access to machinery and have permission to dig and modify the property which is obviously frowned upon in a state park. Really hope you will make it a point to attend. BTW, it was nice meeting you at Axialfest, I didn't know you were Naz-T when I was there.....I finally just figured out that was you :oops:. I'm pretty sure I met you in 2007 at USRCCA Nats in Moab.

NaZ-T 07-21-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. LowBudget (Post 4405379)
Mike, I think the reason for St.George on the TTC. Is because its on private property and they have access to some Equitment to build some really killer courses...

Quote:

Originally Posted by War Pig (Post 4406198)
It's going to be worth it. Attending and watching a TTC is really fun, especially if you are competing. Due to the extensive amount of work involved with building 7 TTC courses they had to find private property with an on site water supply.

I kinda had a feeling that this might be the case, and is totally understandable. Thanks a ton for the info. I'm going to plan on going just need to figure out if I wanna camp or spend the $$ on a hotel.

One more question, if I bring my dog is he welcome at the TTC?? (being it's on private property I don't want to just assume)

Fishmaxx 07-23-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ. (Post 4335080)

3. We will be deducting 50% of your scale points per course....so if you have a 50 point truck and you are running 3 courses, you will end up with -75 scale points deducted from your driving score for the day. A 40 point truck will have -60 scale points total, etc.

4. There will be a scale point cap of 60 points in Class 1, 50 points in Class 2, and 50 points in Class 3.

The Rules mention a minimum determined by clubs/organizer...has this been determined yet?

AJ. 07-24-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishmaxx (Post 4410054)
The Rules mention a minimum determined by clubs/organizer...has this been determined yet?

No it has not. We'll work on getting that determined."thumbsup"

Fishmaxx 07-24-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ. (Post 4411277)
No it has not. We'll work on getting that determined."thumbsup"

Do you have a range you think is likely?

War Pig 07-24-2013 12:10 PM

I not so sure a minimum is necessary, without SOME scale points you really don't have a chance.

Fishmaxx 07-24-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by War Pig (Post 4411485)
I not so sure a minimum is necessary, without SOME scale points you really don't have a chance.

I would tend to agree, but I am new to some of this. Want to make sure I spend money correctly the first time.

War Pig 07-24-2013 10:45 PM

We did not have a minimum at the NWSC and it worked out fine.

801RYAN 04-07-2014 12:27 PM

is there going to be any onsite concessions? like food, water

yes I am already worried about :food :D

War Pig 04-07-2014 01:48 PM

The guys have been trying to get someone (scouts, school or church group) to provide food for a fundraiser but haven't had any luck. Last thing I heard was maybe pizza, subway and a bunch of coolers of water and soda would be available (at a slight cost of course). If anyone has any ideas I'm sure the guys would love it.

Mr. LowBudget 04-07-2014 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by War Pig (Post 4737495)
The guys have been trying to get someone (scouts, school or church group) to provide food for a fundraiser but haven't had any luck. Last thing I heard was maybe pizza, subway and a bunch of coolers of water and soda would be available (at a slight cost of course). If anyone has any ideas I'm sure the guys would love it.

Ya we've left messages with everyone we could think of with no results :shock:

rottenbelly 04-07-2014 04:36 PM

Is there a certian place yall are gonna setup /stage at 3 peaks? Parking lot by the Mtn bike trail head or further in by the big W.E rock rocks?