Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Scale Nationals

Notices

Thread: 2020 Las Vegas Scale Nationals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2019, 01:39 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: 2020 Las Vegas Scale Nationals

Thank you that was the kind of update I was looking for.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
odomandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2019, 06:48 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Bump to the top for ticket sales announcement!!

The date has been set for ticket sales, tickets will go on sale December 20th @ 8am Pacific Standard Time. You'll be able to purchase your Class tickets as well as t-shirts and the catered lunch. We will release a link for sales the day before.
doublej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 12:51 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Parking at event site do we need a parking pass from BLM?
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 12:47 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapped-out View Post
Parking at event site do we need a parking pass from BLM?
No

Wish I could make it but I'll be out of town that weekend.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 01:05 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post
No

Wish I could make it but I'll be out of town that weekend.
Thanks.

Sent from my SM-A505U1 using Tapatalk
Old 12-24-2019, 01:46 PM   #26
RCC Addict

This place has a little bit of everything for terrain. Even some dunes out there if you have some fast stuff that you want to run. We camp out there several times a year and run my 1:1. I'll probably be out there the weekend after the event.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 12:55 PM   #27

New to the crawling hobby. Is this event open to spectators? would love to come out just to watch and learn.

Thanks.
Tankinfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 06:21 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankinfrank View Post
New to the crawling hobby. Is this event open to spectators? would love to come out just to watch and learn.

Thanks.
Sorry for the slow reply - Yes Sir. Free to spectate.
Old 02-04-2020, 07:26 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: RC4WD presents 2020 Las Vegas Scale Nationals

Also new to crawling (as many know). Would the Capra, if using narrower AR44 axles, qualify under Class 2 or 3? Also, for the King of Logandale, is it limited to only Class 1-3, or are other crawlers (such as an Alcista-based Capra) allowed?

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 10:59 AM   #30

Thanks doublej. Think I'm gonna head out from Texas and check it out.
Tankinfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 03:22 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
Also new to crawling (as many know). Would the Capra, if using narrower AR44 axles, qualify under Class 2 or 3? Also, for the King of Logandale, is it limited to only Class 1-3, or are other crawlers (such as an Alcista-based Capra) allowed?

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Capra falls under Class3 because of the all tube chassis.
Alcista is a comp Sporty chassis - All events are Scale based and no TVP comp chassis are allowed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankinfrank View Post
Thanks doublej. Think I'm gonna head out from Texas and check it out.
Sweet! But be careful - Dodging cones gets addicting quick!
Jump in the King of Logandale - Way more Trail style than dodging cones.
Old 02-06-2020, 05:03 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublej View Post
Capra falls under Class3 because of the all tube chassis.

Alcista is a comp Sporty chassis - All events are Scale based and no TVP comp chassis are allowed.
Thanks. Guess I'll put Capra #3 temporarily on the "back burner", and concentrate purely on Capra #2. Wheels arrived yesterday, final transmission parts should arrive before the end of next week. All that's left after that are the remaining axle parts, driveshafts, ESC, and motor. Funds have been tight lately, but business is picking up, so I'll hopefully finish it in time.

Old 02-10-2020, 04:30 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Just got confirmation from my boss...I'll be there for Class 3, and I might even make it in time to watch some of the Class 2 stuff. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it in time to watch Class 1, as I'll be driving a motorcoach full of people to Yosemite on the 19th, and back to the Bay Area on the 20th.

Old 02-12-2020, 10:36 PM   #34

Info on the event... Where can I get info. Much appreciated...

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
goldrnnr4u2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 03:15 PM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Running into SEVERAL problems with this build, but I WILL have it finished in time. Underbelly, this slightly-modified Capra cage is all I can show...for now. Yes, I know this really isn't much, at all, for my Class 3 rig.As I mentioned, I've run into several "problems". Some reason this with find these problems frustrating, while others might find them funny (in a 'good' humerus way). Some, myself included, can find both sides of that coin - I'm somewhat frustrated on the outside, but somewhat laughing on the inside. Not in any particular order, they are as follows:

There have been multiple problems related to the skid. In lengthening the wheelbase, trying to determine the links lengths needed has also been problematic (the Vanquish Currie F9 axles have the link attachment points in different positions than the stock Capra axles), so it isn't as simple as lengthening the uppers & lowers by the same amount. As it turned out, the lowers needed to be lengthened by an additional 5mm. There was also a problem with the transmission, tho this was due to problems related to the skid (the skid's vendor failed to mention certain info on their website). While I finally obtained the 2.2 wheels I wanted (officially, they've been discontinued for a while), piecing them together proved incredibly difficult. Then, there's been the matter of obtaining certain parts from Asia, which have either finally arrived, or should be delivered this coming week. I'm sure you've all hears the term, "When it rains, it pours.". Well, I'm somewhere in that mix.

Quickly going back to the skid, as this has been an ongoing problem, this is a very "interesting/strange" situation. First, I ordered a Capra skid with holes set for an AX10 transmission...but received a skid for a Capra transmission. I contacted the vendor, explained the problem, and, after waiting a few more weeks, the AX10 trans skid arrived (they said I could keep the incorrect skid)...unfortunately, I hadn't yet received the custom transmission. When that finally arrived, I discovered two things - First, that a dig couldn't be used (due to the length of the dig servo mount), which the skid vendor failed to mention on their website (other than stating "for AX10-style 3-gear transmission", they didn't list any other info...none). Second, that the transmission mounting holes weren't properly aligned.

The two holes along the side were properly spaced, and the two holes closer to the center of the skid were properly spaced...but, the spacing of the holes along the side, to the holes near the center, were too far apart, by approximately 1/8-3/16". 1/16" could be worked around, but any further, and it's a no-go. So, I contact the vendor again, attaching photos of the "printing error", and was told that they would correct the problem, and ship a replacement. I thought all was well at that point...except that, when I received the replacement 2 weeks later, it turned out to be another Capra trans skid, NOT the AX10 trans skid I needed/ordered. I contacted them again yesterday...now I have to wait, again, for (hopefully) the correct skid to arrive.

Well, the steering knuckles arrived yesterday. Other than the skid & transmission, and a few other odds & ends (which aren't immediately needed), I finally have everything I need to start putting this thing together...or, so I thought. Adding "insult to injury", I started building the axles last night, only to discover that the threaded axle C-hub inserts we're missing (these came with the axles (which I'd received a few weeks ago), not the knuckles). Honestly, I have to laugh at this one, as the fault in this is completely with me...I misplaced them, and can't find them. I searched everywhere, and nothing. So, now I have to order replacements for those, and wait for them to arrive.

Talk about "going down the rabbit hole"...right now, I'm so deep, I'm starting to wonder if i will have this finished, AND tested, in time. So far, my first trip to Scale Nationals isn't looking so good, and there's still 4 weeks to go before it even starts. Guess I'll go back to painting the body panels, as I now have the time to finish those...lol

Old 03-12-2020, 10:25 PM   #36
Gold Star Baby!

Sharing this here for anyone that was planning on attending but doesn’t have bookface. Nats temporarily postponed. No other details yet.
Attached Images

Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 10:27 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Shit happens.. it's probably for the best. I'm still looking forward to scale nationals 2020 in the fall.

Sent from my SM-A505U1 using Tapatalk
Old 03-12-2020, 11:52 PM   #38
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
Sharing this here for anyone that was planning on attending but doesn’t have bookface. Nats temporarily postponed. No other details yet.

Thank you much mister!

I look forward to the event when it works out.
distinctive pd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 06:27 AM   #39

Not surprising. Events all over the country are temporarily shutting down.

This will give Harley more build time for his rigs. Those that have been watching his videos will know what I mean.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 08:31 AM   #40
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Not surprising. Events all over the country are temporarily shutting down.

This will give Harley more build time for his rigs. Those that have been watching his videos will know what I mean.
no, it just means he will wait until the last minute to start "finishing" them again.
Mega Fattie is offline   Reply With Quote

2020 Las Vegas Scale Nationals - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Las Vegas Scale Club on Fb Rivas Concepts Nevada 8 12-02-2011 12:47 PM
Any scale crawling in Las Vegas Rivas Concepts Nevada 29 04-03-2011 10:27 PM
Location Poll for Nationals Moab or Las Vegas 51504rock RC Rock Crawling Worlds 47 07-13-2007 04:05 PM
Nhra las vegas nationals savageracer312 Chit Chat 0 11-02-2006 10:18 PM