RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Scale parts (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/scale-parts/)
-   -   MadDogRC - "chino63" Scale 4" LED Light Bar (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/scale-parts/333727-maddogrc-chino63-scale-4-led-light-bar.html)

j-bird 12-23-2011 06:00 PM

Tens bux sounds fair on the extra reflector lens... And when are you gonna do 1",2" I want a few and a 4" but I'm gonna order all together so do you have a date when those others will be released

J-bird

Mad4Rnr 12-25-2011 01:08 AM

Re: MadDogRC - "chino63" Scale 4" LED Light Bar

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Since these LED's already have a 120 degree light spread I would not recommend a diffusion lens. My intent with the optional reflector is to reduce the light spread to less than 60 degrees so that the light projects farther.

Here are some application examples:

- A low speed rock crawler would use the standard light bar which produces a wide beam right in front of the truck. This "flood of light" also works well when used for rock lights.

- A high speed rock racer would use the version with the optional reflector so that the light beam is narrowed and projected farther in front of the truck.

- A high speed baja rig could use a combination of the wide beam and focused beam lights light bars to get a good overall driving light. The standard wide beam amber colored light bars would work great for dusty and foggy situations.

Hate to break it to you guys but a machined and polished reflector as I pictured would probably add $20-30 to the price...:shock:. Don't fear I've got some other ideas to research to help bring the cost down but please do not count on this option happening anytime soon guys...I've got a baby, a full time job and SEVEN new products coming out within the next couple of weeks!

mrhobby100 12-25-2011 08:31 PM

Hey I know how that goes. I just have to say you got the shit lights dude!!!! they are freakin great.

Just in my opinion if you can find some way to hide the white chip board that the diodes are connected to you will by far have the best light out there!!

Maybe even research a very thin plastic piece that looks just like the reflector you showed but with no actual function besides adding that little scale look. Maybe even a sticker of that reflector that you stick to the pcb board and with the potting you might not be able to tell its a sticker. I just think there needs to be something to cover the bright white pcb board.

I am just throwing out stupind ideas any way you look at it your lights are the ish"thumbsup"

cbp27 12-25-2011 11:15 PM

Busy man! 7 new products sounds great though!"thumbsup"

-NB- 01-10-2012 07:49 AM

I fired myg 4' light bar up last night on 3S and I'm still seeing stars.... so bright.

Great product.:)

Mad4Rnr 01-10-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krawler B (Post 3496417)
I fired myg 4' light bar up last night on 3S and I'm still seeing stars.... so bright.

Great product.:)

Awesome, thx! Guess I should consider putting a warning label on the packaging!

Rig Rocker 01-10-2012 12:36 PM

I for one think the look is perfect as is. It represents what we do - make cool stuff that resembles 1:1 for our scalers. But still show a tiny bit of technology involved in doing so. The chips and diodes that are visible look cool and add detail. I think its something to get used to but looks great. Just my 2 cents 8)

Mad4Rnr 01-13-2012 12:02 AM

2", 3" and 5" light bars are now released and in stock, detailed info can be found below. I will also have a limited supply of amber 2" light bars in the very near future, PM me now for more info.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/scale...light-bar.html

Due to popular demand I also now offer a line of wiring harness that allow you to easily connect your light bars or rock lights directly to you main or auxiliary battery.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vendo...g-harness.html

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...1-editcopy.jpg

To complement the harness products I now offer a $2 service to terminate a Deans Micro 2R connector to any MadDogRC - "chino63" Scale LED Light Bar or Rock Light (applies at time of purchase only).

sniper101 02-09-2012 12:42 PM

Forgive me if I missed it, but how does a person go about ordering one of these bad boys? PM you or a separate link I missed? I'm hoping you do International Shipping . . .?

Thanks!

(free bump, lol)

Harley 02-09-2012 01:00 PM

Sent you an email earlier today as well. Thanks again.

Mad4Rnr 02-09-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sniper101 (Post 3557627)
Forgive me if I missed it, but how does a person go about ordering one of these bad boys? PM you or a separate link I missed? I'm hoping you do International Shipping . . .?

Thanks!

(free bump, lol)

PM me your address and I can get you a shipping request. Also note that all of our light bars are now in stock at Rpp Hobby so if you need to pick up other stuff you can kill two birds with one stone.

Thx
Erik

Mad4Rnr 02-09-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harley (Post 3557661)
Sent you an email earlier today as well. Thanks again.

Just read your email, I'll respond tonight, I have a couple ideas to run past you...

Harley 02-09-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad4Rnr (Post 3557754)
Just read your email, I'll respond tonight, I have a couple ideas to run past you...

Great, thanks for your support. Top notch!

Brainstain 02-11-2012 04:42 AM

I saw that all prices are shipping included. Are you shipping these in a box or in a padded envelope? And also, I thought I saw that they're water resistant? If so, can you make them water proof/submersible? Sorry if I'm confused or missed it. I just looked at a bunch of lighting options.

Mad4Rnr 02-11-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rambuller84 (Post 3561172)
I saw that all prices are shipping included. Are you shipping these in a box or in a padded envelope? And also, I thought I saw that they're water resistant? If so, can you make them water proof/submersible? Sorry if I'm confused or missed it. I just looked at a bunch of lighting options.

If you order one light bar it will ship in a small padded envelope by USPS first class mail with delivery confirmation. If you order more than one light bar I use small flat rate box.

All MadDogRC light bars are water proof!

The Delrin Rock Lights are essentially water proof but rated as water resistant because the plastic housing is slightly flexible.

cbp27 02-11-2012 03:10 PM

Any new products coming soon besides the lights and wiring?

Mad4Rnr 02-11-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbp27 (Post 3561999)
Any new products coming soon besides the lights and wiring?

Yes, and new lights too...:mrgreen:

cbp27 02-14-2012 10:55 PM

Awesome! Can't wait! "thumbsup"

j-bird 02-23-2012 09:35 PM

Got my lights the other day and got my micro deans and dean switch today thank you very much.. I left feedback as well an will post pics when they are on my rigs thanks man

J-bird

-NB- 03-28-2012 11:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Used my 4" light bar as rock lights in a custom bumper. Looks not to bad.