Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Scale Videos!

Notices

Thread: Donziikid Photography: 'Yota Crawler:

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2009, 06:14 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Donziikid Photography: 'Yota Crawler:

The following are a multitude of videos and pictures compiled, edited and stitched together using Photobucket’s Remix option. The videos and images are of my Xmod Truck Toyota Crawler. The power behind this mini-beast is an HS55 servo modified to rotate a full 360* to simulate a motor. The gearbox has been beefed up with shims and full bearings to make it as tight yet fluid as possible, as well as the rear differential has been locked. The paint job is a simple flat black but it does have the added perk of functional lights. Sometime in the near future I plan on updating the paint to a camouflage style, redoing the steering geometry to remove all bump-steer and add a functional roof rack and brush guard.

I apologize for the poor focus on the truck, but you have to remember this is a 1:28th scale and I am shooting with a Kodak. Hopefully in the future when I have a better camcorder I can provide better video.

Please enjoy the video and images! All comments are wanted and appreciated!

Specs. and Information:
Chassis: Xmods EVO Truck.
Motor: HiTec HS55.
ESC: Stock Xmod ESC.
Accessories: Functional lights, functional scale antenna off passenger rear quarter panel, blackened chassis pieces, upgraded lift kit and yellow springs. Batteries used are GP950mAh.
Tires: Aoshima Super Swampers on custom deep dish rims.

Pictures:
With Body On:

Topless Pictures:

Sexy Tires:

Video:
Day One.
All individual day one video can be found here.

Day Two.
All individual day two video can be found here.

All comments welcome! Comments and criticism is what makes what I love develop and hopefully become better. Please.

Cheers,
Kyle; Donziikid Photography.

Last edited by Donziikid; 05-07-2009 at 07:11 PM.
Donziikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2009, 06:43 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Seventy nine views but not a single opinion? Wow. These must suck. Lol.

Cheers,
Kyle.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:40 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Make that 80...
mmbackpacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:58 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

preety cool little xmod. Id go to atomicmods.com and get all alum. stuff for it.
tanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 02:49 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Thats pretty bad ass. I have had one of these sitting around forever trying to mod it into a crawler but never had any success. You made it look easy. Hope you dont mind but I'm probably gonna steal your idea:-P
Now just tell me how you modded the servo...and are you using the stock rx/tx?
TOMCAT18T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:35 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

@tanner -- Too expensive and not worth the time. The Xmod Truck chassis has too many flaws to begin with, and the addition of aluminum parts only heighten the problems in some situations. I like the plastic. If it breaks, I have plenty of spares and I don't feel bad about it. Plus, I'm not much for the bling factor.

Thanks for the comment.

@TOMCAT18T -- Thank you. Xmods are quite fun and was my entry into the RC scene wayyy back when. Go ahead and steal the idea; they're fun, fairly inexpensive and did I mention fun?

I'm using the stock electronics package for an Xmods Truck which is an intigrated ESC and receiver package. So, yes, I'm using the stock TX and RX. Someday, if I really would like to, I'll switch to something like a MiniZ PCB and use an aftermarket transmitter. But, at this point, there's really no need and that money could be spend towards making the steering geometry stronger with the addition of an HS55 servo (which works perfect with the steering when hooked up properly).

The HS55 I use as a drive servo is actually fairly simple to mod to make 360* rotational. First you remove the PCB, solder longer wires to the tiny motors prexisting wires and remove a few restrictor tabs. Piece of cake and only takes about ten to fifteen minutes. If you would like a tutorial I have a few I can source for ya.

Cheers,
Kyle.