Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Scale Videos!

Notices

Thread: Charity Montero Shakedown Run.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 05:00 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Charity Montero Shakedown Run.

Very short as I stripped the GD600 spur again. AGAIN! I'm done with the gd600...

Otherwise, the shocks are a little stiff but it runs REALLY nicely, and quiet.
Its got a 55t motor mated to a HPI wheely King GRU (7.4:1?) mated to the GD600 (2.5:1) to transfer case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PV6VM36mEg

Tubework this week, glass and paint touch up after that then little fiddly things and the raffle can begin.

Last edited by pantablo; 11-17-2009 at 05:03 PM.
pantablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2009, 05:15 PM   #2
RCC Addict

cool vid man, cant wait to see this baby complete!!! crazy how they wont climb for beanz in 2wd
IDnewcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:19 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDnewcrwlr View Post
cool vid man, cant wait to see this baby complete!!! crazy how they wont climb for beanz in 2wd
that was in 0 wheel drive. the spur was stripping at the motor so nothing was getting to the wheels once it went WIZZZZ.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:29 PM   #4
RCC Addict

lol that was my first guess was that it was slippin or sumthin, but then i saw the front driveshaft disconnected when you would reverse and go forward a bit. .. .
IDnewcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:43 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDnewcrwlr View Post
lol that was my first guess was that it was slippin or sumthin, but then i saw the front driveshaft disconnected when you would reverse and go forward a bit. .. .
Good eye. Also dropped the front shaft. Had to come back and look for it. Found it.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:43 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Runs nice your driving is excellent also Pablo.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:47 PM   #7
Who's your Daddy-0!

I'll be the bad guy here. So you going to raffle of a rig for $35-40 () that you playing with now? Doesn't seem right daddy-0. This build has gone way past the date it was supposed to be done and raffled. And to sell tickets for a rig that is getting scratched and used seems kinda crazy. $35-40 a ticket????
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:11 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooKenny View Post
I'll be the bad guy here. So you going to raffle of a rig for $35-40 () that you playing with now? Doesn't seem right daddy-0. This build has gone way past the date it was supposed to be done and raffled. And to sell tickets for a rig that is getting scratched and used seems kinda crazy. $35-40 a ticket????
x2 :?
PANDAbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:17 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Would you rather I deliver this rig only to have the new owner find the gd was trashed? I'm testing it, not playing with it. I took it out to run it for a teaser video.
Sorry if that rubs you the wrong way. Thats how it is though.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:53 PM   #10
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantablo View Post
Would you rather I deliver this rig only to have the new owner find the gd was trashed? I'm testing it, not playing with it. I took it out to run it for a teaser video.
Sorry if that rubs you the wrong way. Thats how it is though.
It just seems that this build is more for you then anything. You get all the free parts, build it, play with it, then sell it. I don't recall anyone else building a rig to give away or raffle and then playing with it on the rocks for a while before getting rid of it.

The time that has gone by and the price of the tickets and now playing with it makes it seem kinda shady IMO. If you can't see where one might think that then I don't know what to say.

Just curious as to how you came up with $35-40 for the tickets? This is why I'm saying something about the rig getting out on the rocks. If you sold 50 tickets here and 50 on say Scale4X4 were talking about a $4K rig! For that kind of $ you would expect a flawless rig yea?

As for the GRU that keeps breaking whats up? You knew what did it the first time yea? What did you change this time? I ran the same setup in the Dezfan RRR rig with a puller motor and never hurt it.

I think posting videos of a rig that was supposed to be done a long time ago that was built with vendor parts that you are now "Testing" before it's even done is in bad taste.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:38 PM   #11
RCC Addict

i want to be the bad guy also if you know pablo you would know that he is not a shaddy person and always offers people help and advise even does work for free but you tk always have something negative or offensive to say ,when people are looking for something even if it's a longshot you always say something like goodluck buddy with that or something negative just cause you wouldn't sell it doesn't mean someone else won't .people have.
warriorsimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:39 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
It just seems that this build is more for you then anything. You get all the free parts, build it, play with it, then sell it. I don't recall anyone else building a rig to give away or raffle and then playing with it on the rocks for a while before getting rid of it.
I don't recall anyone raffling anything off either.
This build IS for me, in many ways that are different than you suggest. Yes, I get to build it and I get to test it. I don't get any of the parts and I don't get any of the money. I've put my own money and time into this too.

I do videos. I like to do them. I will use them to promote this rig and this raffle so that interest grows and possibly nets more ticket sales. I had always intended to use the videos as marketing. I run the rig for a few minutes to get some footage and post it up. That was the intent of this teaser video and to show that its nearing completion and is running.

Quote:
The time that has gone by and the price of the tickets and now playing with it makes it seem kinda shady IMO. If you can't see where one might think that then I don't know what to say.
I don't know what to say either. You make it sound like I have had it running all this time and have been "playing with it". I haven't. The price of the tickets has always been up in the air. I suggested some range early on, $25-$30 I think, and when I realized how involved, how many cool and great products and ideas were included that range has creeped up. But its still not unreasonable to think someone could own this for $30, is it?

Quote:
Just curious as to how you came up with $35-40 for the tickets? This is why I'm saying something about the rig getting out on the rocks. If you sold 50 tickets here and 50 on say Scale4X4 were talking about a $4K rig! For that kind of $ you would expect a flawless rig yea?
I'm not sure you understand how a raffle works. The total raised could and hopefully will be well in excess of the actual value of the item being raffled. Its not like selling the item. If this raises $2k that doesn't mean it has to be something of that value. If it raises $4k, and I hope it does, that doesn't mean the rig has to be worth that much either.
More accurately the ticket cost should be a reasonable amount for the chance to win a rig valued at $900+ (in this case for your $30-$40 ticket purchase).

For $30-$40 you will get a fantastic rig that in parts alone is worth $900, not counting any of the custom work.

Lets do the math (in rough numbers):
Chassis-100
axles-100
transfer case-60
HPI gru-20
GD600 gru-15
motor-20
steering servo-35
wheels-40
tires-50
ESC-120
spektrum radio-100
body (two pajero shells+associated headlights, etc)-95
winch-30
custom lighting-75

Quote:
As for the GRU that keeps breaking whats up? You knew what did it the first time yea? What did you change this time? I ran the same setup in the Dezfan RRR rig with a puller motor and never hurt it.
It broke twice. First time was user error as I accidentally whacked a bunch of teeth off with a drill bit doing something else on it. This second time, today, was a surprise.

Quote:
I think posting videos of a rig that was supposed to be done a long time ago that was built with vendor parts that you are now "Testing" before it's even done is in bad taste.
I don't agree that its in bad taste. I wanted the video so that people would get excited about it again now that I am focused on it once more.

My goal is to raise as much money as possible for the charity in doing this build. I was and still am very amazed and humbled by the tremendous generosity of many vendors and countless individuals on this and other sites, including non-rc sites, without whom this wouldn't exist.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:01 AM   #13
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorsimi View Post
i want to be the bad guy also if you know pablo you would know that he is not a shaddy person and always offers people help and advise even does work for free but you tk always have something negative or offensive to say ,when people are looking for something even if it's a longshot you always say something like goodluck buddy with that or something negative just cause you wouldn't sell it doesn't mean someone else won't .people have.
First off I'll sell anything And in the wanted thread your referring to it was "someone" trying to trade up by about 3x's what their rig was worth. And I said "Good luck with that daddy-0". I'll say it again as I did back in that thread, it was meant as "GOOD LUCK!". Because chances of that deal going down was slim to none! But what do I know about buying and selling on here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantablo View Post
I don't recall anyone raffling anything off either.
This build IS for me, in many ways that are different than you suggest. Yes, I get to build it and I get to test it. I don't get any of the parts and I don't get any of the money. I've put my own money and time into this too.

I do videos. I like to do them. I will use them to promote this rig and this raffle so that interest grows and possibly nets more ticket sales. I had always intended to use the videos as marketing. I run the rig for a few minutes to get some footage and post it up. That was the intent of this teaser video and to show that its nearing completion and is running.

I don't know what to say either. You make it sound like I have had it running all this time and have been "playing with it". I haven't. The price of the tickets has always been up in the air. I suggested some range early on, $25-$30 I think, and when I realized how involved, how many cool and great products and ideas were included that range has creeped up. But its still not unreasonable to think someone could own this for $30, is it?

I'm not sure you understand how a raffle works. The total raised could and hopefully will be well in excess of the actual value of the item being raffled. Its not like selling the item. If this raises $2k that doesn't mean it has to be something of that value. If it raises $4k, and I hope it does, that doesn't mean the rig has to be worth that much either.
More accurately the ticket cost should be a reasonable amount for the chance to win a rig valued at $900+ (in this case for your $30-$40 ticket purchase).

For $30-$40 you will get a fantastic rig that in parts alone is worth $900, not counting any of the custom work.

Lets do the math (in rough numbers):
Chassis-100
axles-100
transfer case-60
HPI gru-20
GD600 gru-15
motor-20
steering servo-35
wheels-40
tires-50
ESC-120
spektrum radio-100
body (two pajero shells+associated headlights, etc)-95
winch-30
custom lighting-75

It broke twice. First time was user error as I accidentally whacked a bunch of teeth off with a drill bit doing something else on it. This second time, today, was a surprise.

I don't agree that its in bad taste. I wanted the video so that people would get excited about it again now that I am focused on it once more.

My goal is to raise as much money as possible for the charity in doing this build. I was and still am very amazed and humbled by the tremendous generosity of many vendors and countless individuals on this and other sites, including non-rc sites, without whom this wouldn't exist.
You right. I hope it raises 10x's what it's worth for the cause it's going to That said, good luck with it as I'm sure someone will be very happy with it.

I appoligize for making it seem like I was attacking you. I don't know you other than on the board. Good luck with the rest of the build
Old 11-18-2009, 12:23 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
You right. I hope it raises 10x's what it's worth for the cause it's going to That said, good luck with it as I'm sure someone will be very happy with it.

I appoligize for making it seem like I was attacking you. I don't know you other than on the board. Good luck with the rest of the build
No hard feelings. I appreciate the apology. I hope I didn't come off harsh to you either. If I did I'm sorry about that.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:44 AM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Default Gotta Chime in on this!

I am more of a reader on this forum and this isn't my norm, but this has struck a personal nerve with me, maybe its not my place to say this but I feel I must! Please Pantablo correct me if I am wrong. I believe that this build is a charity fund raiser for Diabetes Foundation, and if I am correct for some personal reasons you decided to take a break from this build. Glad to see that you were able to get started again and get it finished.

Tattoo not really sure what your beef is? Maybe Pantablo is charging what he feels is fair for the tickets. Is there some specific guideline to follow when setting a price for a charity auction? The money is still going to a charity. Not like he is personally putting your possible projected 4 G into his pocket.

I do hope the rig brings that kind of money.

I'm not trying to speak for anyone on this, but before he sends it off to someone that wants to support his kind gesture and good cause. I for one would rather have him test it and make sure it is in complete working order! Not saying that I would want to receive a flogged rig. IMO!!!

I also feel a teaser video is a good thing for promoting something that he has been spending allot of his personal time on and we have been following for awhile.

Thanks Pantablo for taking time away from your personal life to help support something that affects many. I for one and thankful no matter how long it takes. Your gesture is very kind!
Slickrock450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 01:09 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Thanks Slickrock450. You hit it on the nail. There was a time I couldnt bring myself to look at it as it reminded me of my mom. This started when she went into the hospital. I started other builds to keep me distracted. Regardless, I want to finish it as much as the next guy wants to buy tickets, lol. The sooner it goes for raffle the sooner the money goes to the charity.

I wouldn't bust Tattoo's balls about it though. I think he gets it. I'd rather him bring out his feelings so it can be discussed than just talk amongst his peers about it.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:33 AM   #17
Pebble Pounder

I was really just wanting some rationalization to the matter. Just hard for me to understand some people when someone is trying to help others!

I also see that you guys worked it out and I am glad to see that. All good on my end!

Now get it all wrapped up so I can by a ticket!
Slickrock450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 05:18 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

No one needs to "jump" on any one here..

Kenny isn't the only one that feels like some thing could go wrong here he is just the first one who spoke up about it....

Comunication on this build is poor at best.

It was said it was going to be raffled off at theo MSD scale nats. When I donated parts I figured that to be a safe environment to ensure the money went where it was supposed to to.. Now what proof do we have?

Were not attacking pantablo here. But any information we have received has been after being directly questioned.

He may not be the only one with personal attachment to the idea behind this build. And if he can't finish he should find someone who can.

If you were to take a step back and look at it from the side of people who donated, you might see why some of us are feeling a little edgy.
XSRCdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 07:28 AM   #19
RCC Addict

hmm, I posted last night from my ipod but it doesnt seem to be here today. So I'll say again, the rig looks great, hope the gear issue gets straightened out as this will be a treat for someone to own. They can also take comfort in the fact that thier money went to a good cause!
860Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:56 AM   #20
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickrock450 View Post
Tattoo not really sure what your beef is?
His beef, along with many other vendors that have personally contacted me is this: They were solicited for parts to build a rig that would be auctioned off at the largest scale comp in the country for charity.

This did several things, most importantly it raised money for a great cause. Secondly it got those vendors names and products out in front of the biggest crowd of scalers there is. Third it assured that the raffle was done in a clear, fair, and open environment.

It is now 8 months past the date of the event, and the raffle is just going to be done online.

Can you see why some of the vendors may be upset?
jason is offline   Reply With Quote