Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Scale Videos!

Notices

Thread: 1/6th Willys vid

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2010, 09:14 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default 1/6th Willys vid

I shot this today w/ a GoPro mounted in the passanger seat this time, I'm still trying to find that 'perfect' perspective! I'm still having issues w/ winblows movie maker, there are things I want to edit that I can't seem to be able to do what I want to do, and I still can't upload music into the video.

What other software are you guys using to edit Raw video into a vmv. file?

Anyway, here's the link. I just joined Vimeo today, but I already like it much more than photobucket.

from Walter Bawroski on Vimeo.

Last edited by BigSki; 11-21-2010 at 05:38 PM.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2010, 11:04 AM   #2
RCP CRAWLERS

video looks great
nice crawl spot
.....getting right camera angle can be tough
I keep trying new placements....need to build a boom...to film from outside the vehicle.
Keep an eye on RCP I should have some Willys stuff online soon.
ZoSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 12:45 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSki View Post
I shot this today w/ a GoPro mounted in the passanger seat this time, I'm still trying to find that 'perfect' perspective! I'm still having issues w/ winblows movie maker, there are things I want to edit that I can't seem to be able to do what I want to do, and I still can't upload music into the video.

What other software are you guys using to edit Raw video into a vmv. file?

Kill the audio! I almost spilled my coffee when the screeching started! Might be time to adjust your gear mesh

I'm no help when it comes to a Windows.... purely Mac guy here and used Movie Maker once back in 2003.

Do you have the GoPro audio set to the least sensitive mode? There's two modes, use the least sensitive especially if mounted to an RC.

Quote:
Anyway, here's the link. I just joined Vimeo today, but I already like it much more than photobucket.
Yes, Vimeo is great! Many user controls... be sure to embed so we don't have to leave RCC! Also, now that your on Vimeo be sure to join the Scale Crawler Alliance group! http://vimeo.com/groups/scalecrawl
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 04:29 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyofast View Post
Kill the audio! I almost spilled my coffee when the screeching started! Might be time to adjust your gear mesh

I'm no help when it comes to a Windows.... purely Mac guy here and used Movie Maker once back in 2003.

Do you have the GoPro audio set to the least sensitive mode? There's two modes, use the least sensitive especially if mounted to an RC.

Yes, Vimeo is great! Many user controls... be sure to embed so we don't have to leave RCC! Also, now that your on Vimeo be sure to join the Scale Crawler Alliance group! http://vimeo.com/groups/scalecrawl

Sorry 'bout the coffee stain! I had the gasket out of the case and the audio level on 'H', I'll try it again w/ the gasket back in. I was trying to capture the roll cage scraping against the rocks...

Thanks for the scale group link, I'll hit it up. Now I have to figure out how to do the 'embed' thing, I'd much rather have a snapshot on the screen for everyone to click on.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:48 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Toyo- I'm glad that mentioned the noise level. I thought I had the level set very low during the editing, so I went back and realized that I uploaded the wrong version of the vid! I'll repost the correct version as soon as Vimeo encodes it. I'll also give the embedding a try. Do you have any new snow vids?
Old 11-21-2010, 05:27 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Toyo- I'm glad that mentioned the noise level. I thought I had the level set very low during the editing, so I went back and realized that I uploaded the wrong version of the vid! I'll repost the correct version as soon as Vimeo encodes it. I'll also give the embedding a try. Do you have any new snow vids?

The audio seemed a bit over modulated as there was a lot of distortion with it.

No new snow videos although I want to go out and make some but not enough time between work, family and finishing editing other videos. It is snowing at my house right now.... but not sticking. Only means the hills are getting dumped on!!!

Embedding from Vimeo is real easy... once you see you video, you'll see the embed button in the video screen, click it and just copy and paste the link in the little box...
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 05:40 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyofast View Post
Embedding from Vimeo is real easy... once you see you video, you'll see the embed button in the video screen, click it and just copy and paste the link in the little box...

I just did it! It was so simple, I'm embarrassed... The sound 'quality' still needs help
Old 11-21-2010, 10:21 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

I think the noise level toyo was referring to is the setting within the camera itself. Been a while since I used a GoPro but there is a setting that allows you to set the mic sensitivity to low. This setting is useful when you get too much noise distortion through your surface mount ie. high vibration surfaces.
prifral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:42 PM   #9

Love the 1/6 scale flat finder videos keep them comming.
JSFORKX is offline   Reply With Quote