Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Scale Videos!

Notices

Thread: Raw Slow Motion CC01 Footage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2011, 07:38 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Raw Slow Motion CC01 Footage

Just my raw footage from this weekend. I've shot hours of such footage over the last few months, but haven't gotten around to actually editing it into a video. Since that may never happen I figured I wold at least post up the raw "action" clips: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ayA_fvIzvI
.bg. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2011, 01:11 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Hey Man,

Slow-Motion footage is better than No-Motion footage.

I've been watching your video, a few seconds here and a few seconds there, at work.

Keeps the day moving along...luckily not in slo-mo, hehehe.

Thanks for posting raw footage; that was some good stuff.

Last edited by Lobonyc; 04-26-2011 at 02:50 PM.
Lobonyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:41 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobonyc View Post
Hey Man,

Slow-Motion footage is better than No-Motion footage.

I've been watching your video, a few seconds here and a few seconds there, at work.

Keeps the day moving along...luckily not in slo-mo, hehehe.

Thanks for posting raw footage; that was some good stuff.
Ha thanks! I also put it together at work- have to do something to burn the time right?
Old 04-27-2011, 10:17 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by .bg. View Post
Ha thanks! I also put it together at work- have to do something to burn the time right?
You got that right! I've been watching it today as well (at work).

I love the jump into the water starting at 1:08. I notice right wheel speed when left was significantly slower, are you running unlocked diffs?

Oh by the way, i didnt realize till today that you had posted camera and framerate info on youtube.

The high framrates and playback are very smooth and clear. I think its time to upgrade my Canon mini DV to something with high framrate feature.

SWEEEEET!!!

Last edited by Lobonyc; 04-27-2011 at 10:31 AM.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:17 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
You got that right! I've been watching it today as well (at work).

I love the jump into the water starting at 1:08. I notice right wheel speed when left was significantly slower, are you running unlocked diffs?

Oh by the way, i didnt realize till today that you had posted camera and framerate info on youtube.

The high framrates and playback are very smooth and clear. I think its time to upgrade my Canon mini DV to something with high framrate feature.

SWEEEEET!!!
Appreciate it, man!

I'm running a limited slip in the front with a locked rear (need to do a build thread one of these days!) Was using some 100k weight losi diff oil for the effect, but now I'm using springs on the spider gears. Copied the idea from a guy on Scale4x4: http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/sho...&postcount=122

It's not as tight as I would like it to be, however. I'm going to try to cram longer springs in there.

I love the camera. It's the Casio EX-FH100- a point and shoot camera. They make several in the line: a fs10, fc100, fc150, etc. The cheapest is about ~$100. As far as I've been able to find there's not another line of cameras (or camcorders) in at the consumer level that have continuous slow motion shooting.

If you're a slow motion fiend (as I've become ) you might enjoy these other ones I've shot:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xq-lY9sEIs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms9YpnjVJus

I've started to see some more rc guys shooting with these cameras- you really think most people would. It's not HD, but the slow motion settles the jittery motion of the scale trucks down so that they look so much more realistic than at full speed.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:29 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Appreciate it, man!

I'm running a limited slip in the front with a locked rear (need to do a build thread one of these days!) Was using some 100k weight losi diff oil for the effect, but now I'm using springs on the spider gears. Copied the idea from a guy on Scale4x4: http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/sho...&postcount=122
It's not as tight as I would like it to be, however. I'm going to try to cram longer springs in there.
Pretty neat idea, I've used heavy diff oil myself to limit the diff but that was on my 1/8 scale nitro buggies. Im glad those days are just memories. can you imagine the cleaning I had to do in order switch to either lighter or heavier silicone? Can you say "MANY CANS OF MOTOR SPRAY"?

Quote:
I love the camera. It's the Casio EX-FH100- a point and shoot camera. They make several in the line: a fs10, fc100, fc150, etc. The cheapest is about ~$100. As far as I've been able to find there's not another line of cameras (or camcorders) in at the consumer level that have continuous slow motion shooting.
Thanks for the info, i will definitely look into this. I remember seeing one camera (don't recall if it was camcorder or point & shoot and it had the ablity to do slo-mo. But now that you mentioned "continuous slow motion shooting", i think it might have been a few short burst of slowmo.

Quote:
If you're a slow motion fiend (as I've become ) you might enjoy these other ones I've shot:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xq-lY9sEIs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms9YpnjVJus
HAHAHA slow motion fiend indeed! Thats the best way to see the suspension in action.

the "Jato Day - Slow Motion Nitro R/C Compilation with Traxxas Jato 3.3" video was great to see...the slo mo donuts were awesome as well as the take offs. Best was the reddish rooster tail mixed with a little blue smoke after each takeoff. I almost had to wipe the dust off my eyes, haha.

The "Tamiya CC01 Suspension Lift Testing " was enjoyable. Wasn't crazy about the truck testing lift on skatedeck but you redeemed yourself. I loved the way you caught the suspension working while the truck was going over the wood and the body bounce. The best was the three wheeled donut at 240fps at the 3:45 mark.

Your last video has sold me on the your camera. I really enjoyed the wine and water demos. That's some really cool slo mo. great way to demonstrate the framerates. your uploads to yourtube turned out to be extremely smooth. I've seen some slo mo videos but they weren't as fluid as yours. They were more like a slow generic graphics card trying to play a graphically intense game.

Quote:
I've started to see some more rc guys shooting with these cameras- you really think most people would. It's not HD, but the slow motion settles the jittery motion of the scale trucks down so that they look so much more realistic than at full speed.
Thanks a bunch for sharing the info...I'm going to research the camera in my area and maybe I'll join the slo-mo club.

Last edited by Lobonyc; 04-27-2011 at 03:31 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:05 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Pretty neat idea, I've used heavy diff oil myself to limit the diff but that was on my 1/8 scale nitro buggies. Im glad those days are just memories. can you imagine the cleaning I had to do in order switch to either lighter or heavier silicone? Can you say "MANY CANS OF MOTOR SPRAY"?

Thanks for the info, i will definitely look into this. I remember seeing one camera (don't recall if it was camcorder or point & shoot and it had the ablity to do slo-mo. But now that you mentioned "continuous slow motion shooting", i think it might have been a few short burst of slowmo.

HAHAHA slow motion fiend indeed! Thats the best way to see the suspension in action.

the "Jato Day - Slow Motion Nitro R/C Compilation with Traxxas Jato 3.3" video was great to see...the slo mo donuts were awesome as well as the take offs. Best was the reddish rooster tail mixed with a little blue smoke after each takeoff. I almost had to wipe the dust off my eyes, haha.

The "Tamiya CC01 Suspension Lift Testing " was enjoyable. Wasn't crazy about the truck testing lift on skatedeck but you redeemed yourself. I loved the way you caught the suspension working while the truck was going over the wood and the body bounce. The best was the three wheeled donut at 240fps at the 3:45 mark.

Your last video has sold me on the your camera. I really enjoyed the wine and water demos. That's some really cool slo mo. great way to demonstrate the framerates. your uploads to yourtube turned out to be extremely smooth. I've seen some slo mo videos but they weren't as fluid as yours. They were more like a slow generic graphics card trying to play a graphically intense game.

Thanks a bunch for sharing the info...I'm going to research the camera in my area and maybe I'll join the slo-mo club.
Live down here in Alabama- been without power since Wednesday. Luckily, I was able to charge all of my batteries on the car and keep playing.

I actually burned up one of these cameras during the Jato video. About halfway through there is a shot where the camera sprays dirt directly at the camera. The dirt was a fine enough mist that it was able to get into the little openings around the lens and destroy the helical gears. It was a sad day, but completely my fault for not protecting the camera better...

For the replacement camera I've used the front of a waterproof case rigged up with a ziploc baggie and tape to keep it from happening again.

I thought I may get bored shooting dinky things in slow motion, but I keep finding things to shoot with it (outside of r/c, of course!). Even during our storms I had it set up inside my living room shooting outside catching the lightning in slow motion.

If you have any questions about the camera or get ready to take the plunge- let me know, I'd love to pass along any little information that could help!