Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Scale Videos!

Notices

Thread: //WARNING// falls will result in body & chassis separation \\WARNING\\

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2011, 09:01 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default //WARNING// falls will result in body & chassis separation \\WARNING\\

Another fun day(compressed to 28 min) at Vasquez Rocks! Enjoy!

prifral is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2011, 09:07 AM   #2
www.team3sixrc.com

My god! thank you. that was really well done and entertaining. Lovin the scale capabilities. looks like a killer spot to crawl at. I would love to comp there.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:05 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Love the slipped drive shaft on the Rover at around 8:20.

Loved the vid, I truly wish I had a spot like that by me.
Thanks for posting it up.
reddevildemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:01 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post
My god! thank you. that was really well done and entertaining. Lovin the scale capabilities. looks like a killer spot to crawl at. I would love to comp there.

Hell yes x2 . Watching some of the off camber stuff was amazing.

Evan
SlickRockSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:53 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

That was one sick arse vid!

Looked like a fun day and some sick scale crawlers too.

Think the D90 was sick but was sitting way to high up?think if he lowered it just a touch,it would crawl just a bit better?he seem to be the only one having problems going up and over some stuff?
GREEDY GENIUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:47 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Prifral....damn your videos rock! you never cease to amaze with your filming/editing skills, the mirror mod was a brilliant idea and i think just takes some time to get used to, but you get those awesome angles.... thanks so much again for capturing another awesome day at Vasquez and such a supoib job too!

the angle at 25:08 was pretty gnarly , way to show the rest of em from last time ha

sweet angles, sick tunes, badass video...thanks for sharing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevildemo View Post
Love the slipped drive shaft on the Rover at around 8:20.
Haha! yeah that was awesome, turns out the rear truss and even the axle housing itself was missing screws and was bending half of the housing backward from and so the joint on the drive shaft basically was yanked apart...fun times...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEDY GENIUS View Post
Think the D90 was sick but was sitting way to high up?think if he lowered it just a touch,it would crawl just a bit better?he seem to be the only one having problems going up and over some stuff?
Thanks, Greedy! and yeah, agreed, it was a bit higher than it should be, wanted to try having a bit more suspension travel since the power strokes i had on it before virtually have none with it but yes, these just add more to the top heaviness so i might just switch back to the pstrokes, or find some newer shocks that are not as tall as these ones but will have harder springs available to support the weight...i get a lot of tire/flare contact, even just level driving..
inebriatedmarmoset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:58 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

great vid ... that truck was messed up ..
801RYAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:16 PM   #8
Yashua

THAT IS THE BEST SCALE VIDEO I'VE SEEN, AWSOME PLACE.
CREEPERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:43 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Love the wrinkled sidewall on the orange yota at around 7:20 in the vid. I missed this one and i wont miss the next Vasquez crawl!
ser3100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:08 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Thanks for all positive comments guys. Hats off to all the drivers as well - this couldn't have happened without them.

Henry - I left out all of the previous footage. I actually contemplated adding it but that in addition to all the shots I left out from this run - this vid could have easily ran 45 minutes. Some day, maybe, a directors cut from the long lost archives
Old 09-21-2011, 12:13 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by prifral View Post
Henry - I left out all of the previous footage. I actually contemplated adding it but that in addition to all the shots I left out from this run - this vid could have easily ran 45 minutes. Some day, maybe, a directors cut from the long lost archives
hehe...EASily, no doubt. and i would have still watched every min of it! raw footage even. But no worries, dude....you'll forget about it and i'll remind you about all that extra footage you'll have obtained and you'll freak out and spend hours making something epic...someday....a man can dream
inebriatedmarmoset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:20 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Another nice vid prifral Although I was kinda hoping this was footage of the prior trip to VasquezLet me know when you guys are heading up there again. That place is scaler paradise.
wally101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:37 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Very True, another great Vid from Prifral. I havent seen a bad video from you yet man. Great Job.
ANoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:54 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by inebriatedmarmoset View Post
hehe...EASily, no doubt. and i would have still watched every min of it! raw footage even. But no worries, dude....you'll forget about it and i'll remind you about all that extra footage you'll have obtained and you'll freak out and spend hours making something epic...someday....a man can dream
True, true. I still wanna shoot a dusk run too. Especially during/after a nearby wildfire when there's smoke in the air like the last run - the sky looks killer at dusk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally101 View Post
Another nice vid prifral Although I was kinda hoping this was footage of the prior trip to VasquezLet me know when you guys are heading up there again. That place is scaler paradise.
Sorry D, the run you were referring to I was way too exhausted from the sun & heat so I didn't get enough quality footage. I'll figure something out for the future though

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoodle View Post
Very True, another great Vid from Prifral. I havent seen a bad video from you yet man. Great Job.
Thanks!
Old 09-21-2011, 08:19 PM   #15
RCC Addict

wow...I learned two things in that video.
  1. the wraith is a massive beast...never realized how big they really are
  2. And that Mog will go ANYWHERE! I think I saw prifral back up twice in the whole video...and go right up/over obstacles everyone else struggled with. Great build!!
brianw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:43 PM   #16
RCC Addict

I think theres another run this weekend put on by Palmdale Hobbies.
The Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:17 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Man my videos suck! That was amazing. Very capable rigs and awesome location. I would like to know where the Red XJ got the Cal4Wheel stickers. Also what foams are you guys running in those TSL's. They seem stable on side hills but fold over rocks great.
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:22 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

AWESOME VIDEO!

Do you have any clue how much weight is in the wheels on some of those trucks?
n8big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:12 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckjeep View Post
Man my videos suck! That was amazing. Very capable rigs and awesome location. I would like to know where the Red XJ got the Cal4Wheel stickers. Also what foams are you guys running in those TSL's. They seem stable on side hills but fold over rocks great.
I run stock foams wrapped with weather stripping foam

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianw View Post
wow...I learned two things in that video.
  1. the wraith is a massive beast...never realized how big they really are
  2. And that Mog will go ANYWHERE! I think I saw prifral back up twice in the whole video...and go right up/over obstacles everyone else struggled with. Great build!!
Wraith is definitely huge compared to its predecessor which can be good or bad depending on the situation. The mog is pretty capable now as i continue to tune it - but videos can be deceiving cuz u can take multiple takes and some difficult looking stuff might actually be easier in person and visa versa. The mog climbs and side hills well but its not so good at super steep down hills - still working on that

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8big View Post
AWESOME VIDEO!

Do you have any clue how much weight is in the wheels on some of those trucks?
Couldnt tell yah what everyone else is running. Personally i dont run more than 22-25% of the rigs total weight within the wheels. Thats the wheel,tire,foam & weights combined. Otherwise you will be fighting it on climbs and will have to fight back with a bigger battery and faster motor.

Last edited by prifral; 09-23-2011 at 02:15 PM.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:05 AM   #20
Rock Crawler

Awesome!

-
TOMCAT18T is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/scale-videos/338002-warning-falls-will-result-body-chassis-separation-%5C%5Cwarning%5C%5C.html
Posted By For Type Date
another Vasquez Vid Post #0 Refback 10-06-2011 11:37 PM