RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Scale Videos! (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/scale-videos/)
-   -   Custom Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited hardbody scale RC truck-video build and shop scenes (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/scale-videos/448993-custom-jeep-jk-wrangler-unlimited-hardbody-scale-rc-truck-video-build-shop-scenes.html)

Spidernad 06-12-2013 01:39 PM

Custom Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited hardbody scale RC truck-video build and shop scenes

Custom Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon hardbody scale RC truck video build and shop scenes.
Complete with interior, driver, passenger, full floorboards, wheel wells, lighting system with brake lights, etc.
All aspects of the build are covered, including part numbers for reference.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0eDzpB8hLk4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kevin4whln 06-12-2013 01:49 PM

Re: Custom Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited hardbody scale RC truck-video build and shop sc

Its like a soap opera for the RC scale world.

Spidernad 06-12-2013 02:02 PM

Re: Custom Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited hardbody scale RC truck-video build and shop sc

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin4whln (Post 4359559)
Its like a soap opera for the RC scale world.

LOL "thumbsup"

BC Racing 06-12-2013 02:18 PM

Nice work, and great looking rig! Quite entertaining...:ror:

But I gotta ask....how long did all that take!? :shock:

Spidernad 06-12-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BC Racing (Post 4359597)
Nice work, and great looking rig! Quite entertaining...:ror:

But I gotta ask....how long did all that take!? :shock:

Thanks.
Yea, it took me like 8 months, lol.
But I only worked on it when I had time. I'm a single dad and I'm raising a boy on my own, so I also have to do all the cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc. etc., not to mention going to work.

What also adds a ton of extra time to the build is all the filming and tedious scene setups with the scale "workers" and getting all the part numbers in there.

As far as the build itself, a lot of extra time goes into the wheel wells and floorboards. But I don't think I can skip them since I hate when I see pictures of a nice scale rig but then you can see wires and daylight right through the wheel wells. It just ruins the realism of the truck. I like to build them to look like an actual full scale truck, that's why I always put in drivers too, which also adds time to the build.

Anyway, thanks for the comment.
I started working on my next one today. "thumbsup"

RichLPhotography 06-18-2013 09:41 AM

wow.... *bowing down* I've been lurking here for 2 weeks now, looking at builds and checking out the amazing creativity, but I finally signed up after watching this vid. Your worksmanship is amazing. I am super impressed. I'm an FJ owner, so I don't think I could bring myself to buy a Jeep, but looking at your build almost makes me want to hire you to do an FJ for me. well done, man.

Spidernad 06-18-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichLPhotography (Post 4366350)
wow.... *bowing down* I've been lurking here for 2 weeks now, looking at builds and checking out the amazing creativity, but I finally signed up after watching this vid. Your worksmanship is amazing. I am super impressed. I'm an FJ owner, so I don't think I could bring myself to buy a Jeep, but looking at your build almost makes me want to hire you to do an FJ for me. well done, man.

Those are some very kind and much appreciated words right there, Thank You.

Sometimes I wonder why I put so much time and effort into my builds, or if I still want to do them, but comments like that make me remember why. "thumbsup"

I have some more builds on my YouTube channel, and also on this forum if you click Here.

I also just started on my next build so be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel for new video notices.
More to come, stay tuned...