Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Scale Videos!

Notices

Thread: ROC Hobby Katana mini crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2021, 12:29 AM   #1

Default ROC Hobby Katana mini crawler

I pre-ordered the new ROC Hobby Katana way back in September 2020 and after a VERY long wait for the package to clear Chinese customs it has finally arrived. Please see the first video in a series at the link below where I unbox this interesting Toyota Land Cruiser 80 Series hard-bodied 1:18 scale mini crawler and take a detailed look at all the features:

https://youtu.be/uxGHdryiJqE

Best wishes from BlackSeaRC!
BlackSeaRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2021, 06:26 AM   #2

Default Re: ROC Hobby Katana mini crawler

I've now had a chance to test this truck properly. I have several other mini-crawlers in my collection so had an idea of what to expect. The Katana looks great and I always like RC vehicles that have a good level of scale realism but the hard-body does mean that you'll need to compromise on outright off-road ability a little bit. There is quite a lot of body roll and torque twist on the chassis so roll-overs are common when pushing the limits. I'm looking forward to see what upgrades people are going to implement to improve the climbing ability. You can see my video of the Katana being tested including maximum gradient challenge, suspension torture test and off-road crawling in the video below:

https://youtu.be/Ur-UaPcN28I
BlackSeaRC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1/18, hard body, katana, mini crawler, roc hobby

ROC Hobby Katana mini crawler - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Roc Hobby 1/18 Katana "Teraz" unlicensed MTRs vs RC4WD Goodyear Wrangler MTRs.l spoo76 Micro Scale Rigs 2 03-02-2021 11:11 AM
Hobby/Mini Lathe question for those of you who own one. Jakerz Tools, and Procedures 11 12-03-2012 12:48 PM