Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: DT's UGC Viper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2011, 10:34 AM   #921
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyorigin View Post
I will not be making these weight rings to sell, I would not want to infringe on another vendors sales market, go to D-Lux for your weight rings please.

These weights were just a one off I made from spare material, I had more than I needed so DickyT got some in exchange for some bartering we have done w/ parts. I had/have no plans to sell these rings retail, that would be wrong of me.
Gee, thanks CO. How can we go to D'Lux for those weights when he doesn't make them?????
I'm sure you could work a deal out with Erik to either produce them or let him run with the idea. Those are sweet since 90% of us run SLW's anyway

No worries though, NorCal guys are sharp. Remember that Sac is NorCal and half of your rig (VP) was designed and machined here.
Besides, there were a few types and one offs of eriks weights at the last comp. Won't be a problem to get some weights cut up

I fully support Erik and give everyone his info when asked about the weights. I hope he will produce these for the masses

Last edited by Rig Rocker; 04-14-2011 at 12:55 PM.
Rig Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2011, 10:44 AM   #922
I wanna be Dave

Good Luck at ECC DickyT
Old 04-14-2011, 11:26 AM   #923
Sometimes, I make things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig Rocker View Post
Gee, thanks CO. How can we go to D'Lux for those weights when he doesn't make them?????
I'm sure you could work a deal out with Erik to either produce them or let him run with the idea. Those are sweet since 90% of us run SLW's anyway

No worries though, NorCal guys are sharp. Remember that Sac is NorCal and half of your rig (VP) was designed and machined here.
Besides, there were a few types and one offs of eriks weights at the last comp. Won't be a problem to get some weights cut up

I fully support Erik and give everyone his info when asked about the weights. I hope he will produce these for the masses
I know he doesn't personally make them himself, but they are his idea/product. I have no interest in making a product a fellow RCC vendor created and currently offers. If Erik would like to make these heavier SLW specific weights, I can give him the dimensions, I have no problems with that. He may be currently out of stock w/ the weights but they will be back soon. Any machinist could make up these weights, they are very simple, ask your local machinist if you want them bad enough. I had good pcs coming off my machine in about 5 minets, first pc was good.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:29 AM   #924
I wanna be Dave

Thanks CO. I posted it in his thread in case he wants to make them available to the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyorigin View Post
I know he doesn't personally make them himself, but they are his idea/product. I have no interest in making a product a fellow RCC vendor created and currently offers. If Erik would like to make these heavier SLW specific weights, I can give him the dimensions, I have no problems with that. He may be currently out of stock w/ the weights but they will be back soon. Any machinist could make up these weights, they are very simple, ask your local machinist if you want them bad enough. I had good pcs coming off my machine in about 5 minets, first pc was good.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:59 PM   #925
I wanna be Dave

ECC was amazing! I managed 33rd place while also judging! Better than I was hoping for.

This will be my last update to this thread however. At ECC one of my sponsors twisted my arm a bit to convert to berg since that is what he makes stuff for. I have arranged a trade of my xr axles for berg axles from bigflex, thanks Shawn!

I have no complaints about my xr axles, they have been good to me. The change is purely sponsorship based so I can better represent Rcbro. Take a look in his berg thread for a sneak peak at what twisted my arm, and an upcoming build thread from me in the berg section!

Thanks axial for a great rig! I'd love to keep the xr axles but finances with a newborn do not allow.
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 06:09 PM   #926
Rock Crawler

Good luck with the berg axles Dt. I'm looking forward to your your thoughts of how the 2 compare. I just picked up a set of berg axles too.
irok22s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 06:12 PM   #927
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyT View Post
ECC was amazing! I managed 33rd place while also judging! Better than I was hoping for.

This will be my last update to this thread however. At ECC one of my sponsors twisted my arm a bit to convert to berg since that is what he makes stuff for. I have arranged a trade of my xr axles for berg axles from bigflex, thanks Shawn!

I have no complaints about my xr axles, they have been good to me. The change is purely sponsorship based so I can better represent Rcbro. Take a look in his berg thread for a sneak peak at what twisted my arm, and an upcoming build thread from me in the berg section!

Thanks axial for a great rig! I'd love to keep the xr axles but finances with a newborn do not allow.
Damn, that sucks.
I guess you got to do what you got to do. I wish you the best in your next built. Not a big Berg axle fan, but you will make them work.
Great job on this built DT and good luck.
Jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 06:33 PM   #928
RcBros Hobbies

Just to make it cleared, I did not force him to do this, nor told him he had to. However, he is loyal to his sponsors and I greatly appreciate that. I promise it'll be worth it.
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 06:35 PM   #929
Rock Crawler

All the best man. Thanks for all your info. Been a great help
losiking1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 06:44 PM   #930
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcBro View Post
Just to make it cleared, I did not force him to do this, nor told him he had to. However, he is loyal to his sponsors and I greatly appreciate that. I promise it'll be worth it.
Its cool, just liked his tech and support.
It will be hard to get tech on XR axle when he is running your axles. Which are beautiful by the way.
Jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 06:58 PM   #931
WOOPOOW!!

Was great to meet you this weekend DT! Same goes for RCbro. Both great guys, im sure you will love the berg axles under the viper. Thought about the same thing myself.
Colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:15 PM   #932
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcBro View Post
Pictures worth 10,000 words = forced

Lol.

Will is right it is my choice, he just made it VERY hard to say no
Old 04-19-2011, 07:17 PM   #933
RCC Addict

Can't argue with a sponsor!
articzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:18 PM   #934
I wanna be Dave

You keeping the Viper or switching to something else?
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:22 PM   #935
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
I have a feeling he will always be UGC.
articzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:33 PM   #936
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyT View Post

Trader!!!!!! Just kidding best of luck to with those berg's I am sure you will make them work just like the XR's.
darkmanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:41 PM   #937
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
Not dropping the viper, I did help in it's design after all. UGC as long as it exists! just going to throw different axles under it
Old 04-19-2011, 07:41 PM   #938
I wanna be Dave

Dicky, I am glad we could help each other out. I loved my berg and I am sure you will love yours too. I am looking forward to keeping your xr's alive. and I look forward to watching your berg thread.
bigflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:42 PM   #939
Try to Bend it

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmanx View Post
Trader!!!!!! Just kidding best of luck to with those berg's I am sure you will make them work just like the XR's.
Your right he is a trader. he traded his XR's for bergs. I think the word you are looking for is traitor

Best of luck with the Berg DT. Your thread has been very insightful and PM help has always been appreciated. Cheers Camo.
Highlucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:58 PM   #940
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigflex View Post
Dicky, I am glad we could help each other out. I loved my berg and I am sure you will love yours too. I am looking forward to keeping your xr's alive. and I look forward to watching your berg thread.
Thanks Shawn! I know I will love it when the new goodies come for it. It was the deal maker for me! Hopefully down the road I can afford two rigs, then I will build another xr for compare and contrast and continued multi axle support of the Viper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlucks View Post
Your right he is a trader. he traded his XR's for bergs. I think the word you are looking for is traitor

Best of luck with the Berg DT. Your thread has been very insightful and PM help has always been appreciated. Cheers Camo.
Cheers Camo! The pm door is always open