Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Is Losi announcing their crawler??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2008, 03:55 PM   #101
Rock Crawler

I just heard that it's a mini, 1/18th scale :-(
Ced RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2008, 04:24 PM   #102
Quarry Creeper

That really disapoints me i losi has been one of my favorite teams but since they have been owned by horizon they have just gone down hill imo.
Georgerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 04:34 PM   #103
RCC Addict

sounds like a ruse to me to throw us off the real deal!!! Cnat imagin Horizon/losi being that dumb!!
The Real Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 04:46 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ced RC View Post
I just heard that it's a mini, 1/18th scale :-(
Nooooooooo...not another rtr toy. Well looks like my money will be going Axials way.
Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 04:52 PM   #105

Everything is pure conjecture until I hear it from the horses' mouth.
whoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 04:54 PM   #106
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desolas View Post

You'll probably also cry to find out Team Associated is not the same anymore either....
Ah, yes, Team Associated is now owned by ThunderTiger, and now made in Taiwan...that's so last year. However, the B44 would have never been produced without the sale, so in some ways it's a win for the general customer, but the die-hard old school fans are still troubled.

I still have my gold pan OG RC-10, the 1st gen RC-10T and the OG RC-10L...ah, the good old days!!
PaloAltoK5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:10 PM   #107
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbilly View Post
I hope your wrong.I'm gettin tired of all the mini's..............................and the Raminators (thats for you Dez )
Don't be hating on the Raminator!:-P
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:34 PM   #108
Rock Crawler

Well it's official, check out this blog post:

RCSLOT Blog

http://www.rcslot.com/blog/losi-mini...r-118-rtr.html
Ced RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:43 PM   #109
RCC Addict

Sweet, new scale axles and 1.9 beadlocks!!!! That says 7" wide and 1.9" wheels with 3.7" tires.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:48 PM   #110
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ced RC View Post
Well it's official, check out this blog post:

RCSLOT Blog

http://www.rcslot.com/blog/losi-mini...r-118-rtr.html

I'm very dissapointed.I really hate to see the direction Losi is taking with there car releases latley.I ran Losi stuff back when I raced off-road and they were great cars.I appereciate what Losi has done for crawling with tires and bodies but I feel they missed the mark with this crawler.
Hellbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:52 PM   #111
RCC Addict

I agree with you. I'd rather see a 1/10th scale and to me it would make sense since they already have the tires, shocks, bodies, and tranny that could be used. However this is filling a gap in the market and will no doubt bring even more items for the scaler market unless the axles are some big ugly mofos.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 06:13 PM   #112
I wanna be Dave

I hope that is a fake post.
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 06:15 PM   #113
RCC Addict

When i first saw it, i knew it was going to be something like 1/16 scale or something smaller from the outline of the rig, the demensions didn't look realistic for a good 2.2 crawler. Also i think there would have been a lot more hype if it were an all out crawler like their 8B/8T with racing. No suprise here, maybe the axles will be good and we can use them for smaller 1:14 scale body builds.

Losi's high end stuff is awesome, i run the 8B and love it. They are coming out with more and more "toys" rather than high grade hobby stuff, but i guess it's what sells to parents buying their kids stuff to get into the hobby.

And i wouldn't be suprised if the real deal was just around the corner. Im sure they've been testing stuff and getting ready. The R&D for losi takes alot longer than the other companies, because they want it to be the best. Look at the tires, it took them this long from their claws to come out with a new tire, in this time proline came out with a bunch of tires that weren't the greatest and couldnt compare with the claws IMO. When they come out with their crawler, i can imagine it being able to win comps out of the box. Similar to the 8B/8T in racing. At least im not getting my hopes up yet.

Just my thoughts, i know there are a lot of OG Losi guys who have gone away from them simply because the attention has gone away from racing and more into the toy side. I don't mind losi at all, and no im not being paid to say this.

At least they are paying attention to the crawler scene, no other major manufacture has stepped in yet. Kyosho had that prototype super deal, do we see it now? No.
dirk379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 06:22 PM   #114
RCC Addict

i have a strange feeling it is more than one truck...
danielk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 06:28 PM   #115
Rock Stacker

I was really hoping for a 2.2 with a metal geared, locked up XXXT style tranny. I think the desert truck comes with a locked diff already.

Hey, if you buy one and it sucks at least you can keep the 2.4ghz radio gear.
jsudar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 06:28 PM   #116
Quarry Creeper

A few people said it has to be a 2.2 rig because the tires look like rock claws, what if they are scaled down version of the rock claws?!

I think it looks like a 1/14 or somethign like that. Maybe it is rivaling the 1/14 duratrax crawler, rather than an axial?

Anyways, i know i am going to be askign my parents to stay up to midnight to see it
treeafodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 06:36 PM   #117
06 Super National Champ

I find it funny how folks can be so dismissive of a vehicle without having hands-on experience. Not to mention that Losi has yet to put out info on their page.

Perhaps some of you girls with your panties all bunched up should wait, see the official release from Losi, and (here's the crazy part) see the thing first-hand before passing judgement.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 06:39 PM   #118
I wanna be Dave

I'm not complaining about the quality(have yet to see or handle it or any Losi products other than the claws and shocks)... just the size... bigger is better in my book.
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 06:46 PM   #119

Dosen't suprise me in the least that it is a mini. They are all about pushing out tons of RTR's now adays. I guess thats what happens when big buisness takes over R/C RACING cars and try to push toys.
goofy4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 06:46 PM   #120
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta View Post
I find it funny how folks can be so dismissive of a vehicle without having hands-on experience. Not to mention that Losi has yet to put out info on their page.

Perhaps some of you girls with your panties all bunched up should wait, see the official release from Losi, and (here's the crazy part) see the thing first-hand before passing judgement.
Attached Images

BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote