Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: XMAS Slay - Santa gets a new ride from JKRC!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2009, 12:50 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default XMAS Slay - Santa gets a new ride from JKRC!

Tiss the season for buying myself presents and passing on the XmaSS cheer, we've had this going over on the CC forum and just thought it would be fun to say ....Happy Holidays guys!

Will catch you up to speed....

I've had this idea in my head since I watched the 4Mods Blizzard on the slopes a few winters back. So this holiday season keep the kids in after dark....Santa's running a new whip!
Man I hope this doesen't scare the kids, why i'm starting around Halloween season for the build. I hope that works as some kind of a loop hole?

Jowetts Kustom RC presents a XMAS Slay
X-treme hobbies helped me out on this Blizzard last week so I have a solid platform to build this years Xmas mascot. If you remember last years wallpaper I Illustrated the seasonal wallpaper using the CC Mog and a few other goodies.

This year we're planning both an Illustrated Wallpaper for download and an actual Xmas RC. I'll be using several of my favorite Xmas decorations from the Mcfarlin "Twisted Xmas" series especially Mr Claws.

A few pics of the delivery day...Oh man I love this!!!

Santa gets it unwrapped and gets out a jug of the go juice. I have no doubt Mrs Claws is hovering outside the JKRC shop shaking her head and wondering how much this is going to cost as I type!

Slay Bells Ring!
UNGLEWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2009, 12:50 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Disturbing on so many levels ...that's what we do best at JKRC.

While I was busy in the office today Santi Claws and the fellas must have been busy out in Ye Olde Workshoppe. I could smell paint but thought it was a flashback....head outside to check it out and this is what was in the paint booth but no one to be found.

Checked in to head office and talkes to the Mrs Claws and aparently it's been decided that the new official color of Xmas at CC is no longer just red...it's CandyApple! The elves did a great job on the finish considering the primitive tools (good thing for lexan)

So I run inside to get Martina to let he know that someone's sprayed the body, we return to catch someone testfitting the cab

They did a quick mock up for us to show the projects direction. The color's sweet and I'm loving the material for the exhaust stacks...olde ST. Nik has them partially polished.

He mentioned having to trim the body slightly for all of these modifications and before we knew it his autobody team showed up.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:57 PM   #3

haha
mjake4213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:57 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Nice build.
Coop980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 01:00 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Well the dog and I walked out to the shop today and happy hour was pretty productive, Rudolf did a crap load of yelling though....he's very pationate about his craft.
Both himself and the Claws showed me progress on the build and some pretty cool parts are on now in from the North Pole. Most of the window mouldings are now on and the rails and diamond plate are installed on the rear deck.

Rudy showed me all of the plated parts the elves took care of this week and some cool emergency lights made out of beer mugs with the handles broken off.

The Claws fasioned this killer hood ornament out of some dear antlers (they had a small road kill accident last season while passing through Sudbury )

I asked Rudolf if we really needed 38 lights on the "Slay" this year and you can see by the look on his face....well we're just going to get those installed.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:01 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

6 - 5mm Red LEDs + Stainless pods mounted in the belly pan, the first of what should be an increadible glow...

Old 12-05-2009, 01:02 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

This is the lower panel now that all my goo dried up.

Darwin and I were out shopping at GoGo yesterday and thought that this might make a neat alternate body....

So now that the basics are installed in the JKRC shop we can get crackin on some of those old projects...
Aside from decorating the forum the elves and their accomplice's got back to work on Santa's Slay. The new electronics are of course upgraded so the fit is less than ideal.
Frosty and the fellas make a few cuts to make room...

While distracting Santa with a few cookies thrown on the floor Jack Frost clubs him unconscious...Santa's fat arse wheighs about 3 lbs, way to much for the Blizzard so they needed to clone him then make some mods!

While the real Santa had a nice nap in the tire pile everyone got busy on "Santa Clone".
A little barbaric I know but necessary! (kids I promise no festive elves were hurt in this build thread)
When Mr's Claws gets home from the "Office" there may be some confusion.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:02 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Electronics are in and just laying out the wiring for the lights

Mr's Claws arrived home from work and was surprised to see the elves handy work!
Yes she brought home a candy cane for everyone!
Old 12-05-2009, 01:03 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I locked myself out in the shop last night with no phones or email and just relaxed....made some progress.

Was having some creative block on what to do in the roof until I started going through the brass stock for the exhaust stacks... brass
After polishing it started looking pretty cool I think.

Got my stacks in place along with my emergency light polls

Starting to look like a LowRider with all of the polished gold and candy color

5 Bright white LEDs in and 2 flashing red in each emerg light dome.

Waiting for my cargo to dry so I can get my wires hidden.

More later
Old 12-05-2009, 01:06 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Went out and grabbed a pic with the start of the lighting in place...and claws in for a test fit.

That's where we left off, hope you enjoy this build although not exactly a scaler it's just fun to spread the cheer!
Old 12-05-2009, 01:12 PM   #11
Hateraide

Ive been wainting for you to show this, im sure they will love it
Code454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 01:13 PM   #12
RCC Addict

I am in love. That christmas set is awesome btw.
danielk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 01:17 PM   #13
R.I.P. Chip

Badass!
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 01:37 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Now this is a Christmas build

Better clearcoat that brass while it's nice and shiny.
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 01:53 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Excellent work, story line and pics to accompany! I subscribed, so I do not miss a word of it.
blackfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 02:43 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

Smile

Lmao...love the build as always...cant wait to see more of that shop.wish i had friends that where as scale crazy as some of us..
scalecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 02:50 PM   #17
Rock Stacker

Dude sick snow machine!!! I had no idea they even made those. I love the little evil action figures. Great job on the build man. Cant wait to see santa cutting off heads while plowing snow. HAHahaha
A DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 03:08 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Classic!!!!!
jeep94xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 03:30 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Sweet build!
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 03:39 PM   #20
www.team3sixrc.com

Thats really cool. never really wanted one of those until now. Thanks for giving me yet another thing to add to my list,lol.

Great job!
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote