Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in this kind of chassis?
Yes 9 45.00%
No 11 55.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: AB Design - "M"VP Chassis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2010, 09:54 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default AB Design - "M"VP Chassis

With my 4VP v2 chassis for the venom creeper being a sucess, I thought I might try my shot at a bodiless MRC chassis. Here's my first idea for the MRC chassis. Please if anyone has any design sugestions, Let me know. This will be a comp legal chassis. I would gues that it would sell for about $30 per kit.

I'm calling it the "M"VP Chassis. It will be a direct bolt on to the existing skid. with the rear shocks mounted to the outside and front mounted to the inside.

Last edited by Abavuso; 09-06-2010 at 09:56 PM.
Abavuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2010, 09:46 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Prototype

Here's my progress so far...

The prototype is made out of ABS to keep costs down... not bad material but I'm not sure I'll trust it as much as the delrin.

I'll post more once I have time to finish the setup.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:20 PM   #3
RCC Addict

So she's all together now... just gota do some testing and tweeking to find the best setup.

Should be able to get off it's lid with out too much issue, that would be a plus.

The eletronics packed in nice and easy, now for the batery placement?

I ended up haveing to trim the nose a bit so I'll have to work that into the second version of the prototype.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:39 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I got the top panels done today, now I just need more material to do the sides and she's ready for testing.

Old 09-19-2010, 04:18 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Default Testing the MVP

Works extreamly well, just need to make some adjustments to make getting back on your wheels from your lid a little better.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:20 PM   #6
RCC Addict

All finished up finaly... now on to more prototype testing.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:40 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Good looking design!
papabash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:08 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Thanks, the next on the list for to finish off this chassis is a re designed skid that will pully the lower links in the front a little closer together to prevent hang ups.

As it sits, the side plates, braces and hardware would go for about $40 shipped. I'm seeing what I can do to bring the production cost down while I'm finishing up the testing and design tweeks. My goal is to make it to $30 shipped.

I fogured that would be good price for a comp legal bodiless chassis as a direct bolt on.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:00 PM   #9
RCC Addict

maybe make the roof a litle rounder like the t1e moonbuggy so it rolls easily
asw27x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:24 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Got my new x-Lock 1.9's today... They just might be stickier than the Mini rovers... I stacked them all up together and I could pick them all up with just the top tire in the stack... Can't wait to test them...
Old 10-09-2010, 09:47 AM   #11
RCC Addict

Final testing will be done this weekend at a local comp... then I'll make the determination if it should be moved on to production. If you're interested in this chassis, speak up. If there's not enough interest I'm not going to bother.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:03 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Can't believe the after market support for these cars, fantastic.

From my limited experience i'd say that the chassis market for these MRC's is very competitive, there's at least 6 different chassis's i've come across this past week.

Biggest thing going for this chassis so far though is the price, if it's good as the other chassis's then $30 is a bargain.

Cheers
Mark

Last edited by cbr6fs; 10-17-2010 at 01:12 AM.
cbr6fs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:50 AM   #13
RCC Addict

Testing is done and I'm rather impressed with it. Now I just have a few minor changes and she'll be ready. Here's some pictures from the comp.

Old 10-11-2010, 07:55 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Looks good! How'd you do?
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:58 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Once they get the scores posted I'll let you know... I need to do a little bit of fome and weight tuning but it worked awesome at the comp minus two spots in the rear where the high clearance links bind on the chassie... one of the changes that I need to do to the chassis.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:13 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Looks good! How'd you do?
I didn't do so well, I came in at 9 of 10 with +74 points for the day not my best but I'm sure some one more experianced could do tones better. I still need more practice and not to break drive shafts half way through the course. It didn't hurt me too bad because the last two gates were mostly down hill so I just hamered is and bounced over the obsticles and through the gates and hoped for the best. I went throught he finish gate and bounced back and landed on top of it. They told me I cleared it before i hit it so It wasn't too bad of a run.

I'm still farily new to crawling and the truck will out preform my ability at the moment. A little more practice and i'll get better as time goes on.

I got some Crawler Inovations 1.9 lil novas soft foams so help the tires preform just a little better. i'll be comping again tomarrow so we shall see how these few modifications help.

Last edited by Abavuso; 10-15-2010 at 08:16 PM.
Old 10-17-2010, 05:33 AM   #17
RCC Addict

Once again the MRC was put through it's paces and did extreamly well... I think I've finaly got her dialed in right were I want it. Next task... learn to pick better lines and keep my head on strait when I do mess up. Here's some pictures.

Old 10-19-2010, 04:54 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Default Tester Needed

Alright, I've finished the 2v and the small changes i needed to do. Now i'm looking for a 3rd Party to take one of these chassis and do a complet build thread and a write up for me. You will get a complete chassis to build your MRC for Free in retrun for a decent build thread with lots of photos an honest opinion. I don't care if destroy the chassis in your review or make it look like a God. I want to know the honest truth. That way if it goes into production it will be the best chassis it can be for a direct bolt on.

If you are interested in testing for me please PM me and include a linke to your build threads so i can make sure you can vouch for your ability to do a decent build thread.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:38 PM   #19

i would really like to get one of these off you, and i will pay, these look wickedly sick, and would love and be honored to be the first customer to try em... if i am
Pampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:15 PM   #20
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pampers View Post
i would really like to get one of these off you, and i will pay, these look wickedly sick, and would love and be honored to be the first customer to try em... if i am
I should have my two of them in about 3 weeks to send out for testing. I'll keep you in mind.