Notices

Thread: R.E.C.O.N. Rubber-2-Rock Winter Series Rnd 3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2010, 10:34 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default R.E.C.O.N. Rubber-2-Rock Winter Series Rnd 3

RECONS R-2-R Cutthroat Crawling Classic Championship

Saturday December 11, 2010

Warrior point is aptly named because drivers this Saturday will be battling it out for the title of CUTTHROAT CRAWLING CHAMPION!

Good luck drivers.

Directions:http://www.bing.com/maps/default.asp...=D&rtop=0~0~0~

Warriors Point is the last right hand turn off before the highway turns to dirt. You will be able to see us from the highway.

Note: You must purchase a day use permit. These can be purchased at the 7-11 or Terribles on Pyramid Way and Eagle Canyon or a day use permit can be purchased at the first Pyramid Store on the left after crossing onto the Res or at the marina at Sutcliff. A day use pass covers everyone in the car/truck.

.2 pro

1.Drivnmf/XXXR-10inchwishes
2.Spuknit/XR-scalealisious
3.Chasinbaja/Landrover p.o.s. Berg
4.Unibomber/HR-JUICEY LOOSEY
5.Sococrawled/XR-Belowthebubblisious
6.Sococrawlgirl/XR-wishalisiou
7.Jeremy Clark / XR-Getinicious
8.Mark A / Snow racer
9.Scott J./$$$$$$
10.Marshal L./ no $$$$$$$
11. Rusty Jackson/XR 10
12. Sniper08/Faber bros. (axial killer)
13. Jeremy k/stubs179/bully
14. Hi-C / AX-10 Bronco

2.2 SPORT

1. Nick Jackson/Losi
2. Jonathan Jackson/AX10
3. Luke Jackson/AX10

1. chasinbaja/minijuice
2. uni-bomber/minijuice dos
3. sococrawler/O.G M.I.P Newjuice
4. sococrawlgirl/M.I.P Minijuice
5. DRIVNMF / Hunter "Sniper"
6. Spucknit / Hunter "1st Class"
7. Hi-C / Hunter "1st Class

Supers

1. Soco/superjuice
2. socogirl/superjuice
3.Hillbilly basher/superchevy(if we make it out)
4. DRIVNMF / Thuper Super
5. Spucknit / Superjuice
6. Hi-C / classic cane

Last edited by DRIVNMF; 12-10-2010 at 07:29 AM.
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2010, 07:41 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Oh my, one day away from realizing who your sandman is. I"ll turn your crawling dreams into rock-tacular reality.

Bring all your rock knowledge tommorow and a cheat sheet, because the Mad Scientist has found a location that leaves even the best geomorphologist grasping for answers.

My thought...ALEINS! Little grey men came from the galaxy Crawleria and brought with them the pelethera of galatic rock and left it in a secure location until, a loud mouth, short d!cked white boy stumbled upon it and is unleashing comp heaven onto the Crawler Nation.

(at least that is what my dream was)

Everyone from Cali, drive safe over the hill!

A Cutthroat Crawling Classic Champion will be crowned tommorow!
Old 12-10-2010, 10:25 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I might have to come over the hill and put a whooping on Parker and his crew tomarrow
BIGJOEDUCKSLAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 05:43 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJOEDUCKSLAYE View Post
I might have to come over the hill and put a whooping on Parker and his crew tomarrow

Don't threaten me with a good time and I love it when you use your duck call in that fashion...not what the manufacturer had in mind, I'm pretty sure...

Joe, your gonna like this spot!

Driver careful, I know your coming, bring DAN, please, bring DAN and his "not-so Axial Killer"
Old 12-11-2010, 06:57 PM   #5
RCC Addict

parker just be happy i had to work so u might have a top 7 today
VP Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 08:38 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

hey Dan I was there to put some good pressure on those axials today.

I killed some of them AXIALS. PARKER gernaded his houseing and had to rebuild.

He should of got a berg instead.
sniper08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:35 PM   #7
RCC Addict

dam right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
Old 12-14-2010, 09:51 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

That little rascal parker got by me in points.

That was the only axial i did not get.

Amador I will get him. HE HE HE lol

Everytime i show up he does good.
sniper08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 05:41 PM   #9
RCC Addict

he will go down to team axialkiller ho ho ho parker
:l mao:
Old 12-15-2010, 10:46 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper08 View Post
hey Dan I was there to put some good pressure on those axials today.

I killed some of them AXIALS. PARKER gernaded his houseing and had to rebuild.

He should of got a berg instead.

Never! My Axial XR-10alcicious spit out a flange bearing on Course 3 gate 6. The result was an idler gear stripping out half of the teeth, but my trusty XR-10 finshed the course with a -5. HOW YOU DOIN'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper08 View Post
That little rascal parker got by me in points.

That was the only axial i did not get.

Amador I will get him. HE HE HE lol

Everytime i show up he does good.
I have to put on the "A" game for you Sniper08. The A stands for Axial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan wilson View Post
he will go down to team axialkiller ho ho ho parker
:l mao:
OH MY, when you gonna realize Dan that the companies in my sig don't keep me around for my dazzling good looks and you can't spell DRIVN without the MF!

See you in January and I talked to Santa, he's putting two free vouchers for the Parker Crawling College for Champions. I need a bad driving example for my students, look forward to presenting you to my class...:twis ted:
Old 12-16-2010, 05:41 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

When are you going to post the scores on rcc
BIGJOEDUCKSLAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 08:16 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Let me get right on that for ya Joe.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:20 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVNMF View Post
See you in January and I talked to Santa, he's putting two free vouchers for the Parker Crawling College for Champions. I need a bad driving example for my students, look forward to presenting you to my class...:twis ted:
He can at least show everyone in your class how to burn up a steering servo, LOL!!!! Team Servo Killer, LMAO!!!!
abadk9420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:44 PM   #14
RCC Addict

bad driving are they going to watch u drive or what . team axial driving school

Last edited by VP Dan; 12-16-2010 at 09:47 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:13 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

The 2011 R.E.C.O.N. Rubber-2-Rock Winter Series had its round 3 on December 11 held at Warrior Point at Pyramid Lake, NV. Pyramid Lake is one of my favorite places to host an r/c rock crawling comp because of the Tufa Rock. Tufa Rock, aka prehistoric coral, is some of the most unique rock that I’ve ever had the honor of throwing gates on. This is the first time RECON has hosted a comp at Warrior Point, but it’s not the first time RECON has comped at Pyramid Lake.

Round 3 was also the final round of the first ever R.E.C.O.N. Cutthroat Crawling Classic. The Cutthroat Crawling Classic is a 3 round series where each round was held at Pyramid Lake. With such a large lake, it was easy to have each round of the R.C.C.C. at a different location at the lake. This made the series Champion a very talented Tufa driver.

Since the R2R rnd 3 was a “Championship” comp, courses pushed the limits of every driver’s skill level. Course 1 pushed a driver’s time sense and ability to make split decisions and to drive technical gates while not wasting any time at all. Course 1 also featured some of the weirdest rock formations we have crawled on. Jeremy Keyes, Inferno Series Pro Rookie of the Year Winner, shined by being the only 2.2 Pro to finish the course.

Course 2 was straight up prehistoric Coral that featured on of the sickest bonus lines that I’ve ever set. In fact, a driver was animate that B-2 was undoable, but I’m use to drivers thinking that and when Scott Jackson man handled the bonus line, Mr. Lopez was a believer. But just incase he had any doubt, Jeremy Keyes and myself did not hesitate to follow Mr. Jacksons example and we both schooled C-2 Bonus line. The rest of the field, stared in awe as they bypassed the Bonus Line and drove to G-6.

Course 3 was very intense due to the fact that there was Tufa, polished river rock, grippy stuff, orange stuff, and a butt load of river rock. C3, G2 was a gettin’ it line. A driver had to roll on the throttle and drive up a slick rock slide through gate 2 half was up the face. A great course to drive and to watch and a big Thanks to Troy Faber for judging C-3, he not only is a great driver and judge, but like a big brother; a really big brother. Like 6'6, 260, of big brother.

Course 4 was a Colossal Course. A driver finished C-4 and then immediately ran the colossal part of the Course which consisted of another 10 gates of big technicality, but big fun. Several drivers spanked the Colossal course, but others fell victim, literally, fell off of the ledge between gates 9 and 10. It was a tricky corner that kept drivers guessing all day on what the line was.

What else can I say about rnd 3? Well, lots! The weather was amazing, but the competition was HOT! Mark A. was the driver with a target on his back, but Mark is used to the pressure of competition. His racing background is extensive and filled with numerous wins. Mark DNF’d C-1 and left the door open for Jeremy Keyes since he finished C-1, but C-4, G-10 had Jeremy’s number. Jeremy spent over 2 minutes trying to find the line to gate 10, but ultimately timed out. It’s warming up on the Pyramid Tufa.

With Mark and Jeremy both DNFing a course, this left the door open for me. No pressure, C4 and Colossal Course; OWNED. It’s gonna be a good day, but then, C3, G6 ate my lunch and ultimately two of my flange bearings. Flange bearings went out before gate 6, my trusty XR-10alicious fought its way thru to a -5 finish on C3. (Whew! Dodged a bullet, but I have all the faith in the world that my XR-10, dressed up VP style, with Pit Bull Rock Beast shoes will never let me down.)

Course 2; OWNED, by a XR-10, but reppossed by poor driving, but we saw the finish and railed the bonus… (See video from Chasinbaja). C1 was epic right up to the point of taking gate 9 falling off a ledge and calling for a touch penalty sitting on 31 points. Rookie mistake losing track of my points…epic DNF and I made a mistake that I rarely make, coming unglued with less than 60 seconds on the clock. The win is going to come down to who made the least fatal mistake.

Who won when everyone had a DNF on at least one course, well I know and you will too. Here are the RECON R-2-R Rnd 3 Winter Series results:

Attached Images

Old 12-16-2010, 11:16 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

The R.E.C.O.N. Rubber-2-Rock Winter Series rnd 3 for the Sport Drivers was flat out epic. The Sport Class has seen some changes with two time Sport Champion turned Pro, Cole Bailey gone and the hottest female sport driver on the planet, Sha-no-no serving a suspension, the Sport Class was anyone’s game. I thought 1iDriver would step up, but his Losi and he have been having an on course soap opera relationship; sometimes they are hot and sometimes they are not. What has surprised me about the sport class is the sport rookies are stepping up and showing why they are RECON Drivers.

Young Nick Jackson, one fourth of the Action Jacksons, just dropped a sledge hammer on the sport competition. He is coming off of a practice comp win and carried that winning way into rnd 3 by DOMINATING the field.

James Stewart popped his 2.2 Sport Class cherry at rnd 3 and netted a second place. Great driving James and I know with more stick time, (did I mention his Losi Night Crawler went from box to course), you will be a consistent podium threat.

The rest of the Action Jackson crew, that’s you Luke and Jonathon, faced some adversity, but dealt with it better than most pro’s. Keep up the great driving and it won’t be long before we see a Jackson sweep of the podium.

Here are the 2.2 Sport results. Keep in mind that some of the sport gates would have made some pros curl up in a fetal position and cry, but at RECON, getting drivers to achieve more than think they are capable of, is what we do.
Attached Images

Old 01-01-2011, 07:53 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

ATTENTION:

Here's a little game for you to play;

A driver left something behind on comp day.

No it's not Chasinbajas driving game,

He has never had one and besides he drives like a dame.

No it's not Spucknits twin stick bounty,

He could never lose that in three counties!

What I found is full of crawiling loot,

everything I need and a hammer to boot.

If this is yours and you would like it back,

just pm me with the color, contents, and your girlfriends number; Jack.

Yes, there is a reward for keeping your property safe and unsore,

I'll have it with me at YOUR MOMS house, just don't forget to knock on the bedroom door...YO!

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/recon-g6/284949-r-e-c-o-n-rubber-2-rock-winter-series-rnd-3-a.html
Posted By For Type Date
Axial Racing - Competition Event Calender – December 2010 This thread Refback 03-05-2013 10:15 AM