Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: tlt straight axle??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2006, 09:20 PM   #1

Default tlt straight axle??

Does anybody make one of these yet?? I have a project that really needs a straight axle for it because i'm trying to get away from using a lockout kit....Help!!
EXCALIBER 4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2006, 09:21 PM   #2
R.I.P. Chip

All TLT's are straight axles.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 09:21 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Um, all TLT axles are straight axles.

JINX!!!
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 09:31 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb
Um, all TLT axles are straight axles.

JINX!!!
he meant one without steering knuckles, he does not under stand the lingo.

you need a Tamiya 1/14 King Hauler Aeromax Volvo Truck Rear Axle

good luck in finding itt.......a tamiya tourag axle would also work
rockwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 09:39 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Can you say Cha-Ching!$
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 09:39 PM   #6

thanks rockwerks, i was really bumming about having monsterrc machining me up some spacers to go between the knuckle and axle case,

In monster truck racing with clodbusters, we call straight axles straightaxles, and the plastic housing a gearbox, so, go easy guys......
Old 08-22-2006, 09:42 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXCALIBER 4X4
thanks rockwerks, i was really bumming about having monsterrc machining me up some spacers to go between the knuckle and axle case,

In monster truck racing with clodbusters, we call straight axles straightaxles, and the plastic housing a gearbox, so, go easy guys......
so why not lock it out? what is the big deal? what is the project?
Old 08-22-2006, 09:45 PM   #8

i guess ill tell you guys why i need one, I was planning on showing the completed project but ive run into this roadblock... I have a boyer frame that is an exact copy of a pre-runner bronco, with prp tranny, full interior, fully detailed engine compartment...basically Im going for a scale look and ive done everything to the fullest potential to get a presidents award for the nrctpa, I was planning on posting pics of it when its all finished. I just got the headers made by a local modelmaker. anyways, what makes the haulers axles so hard to come by?? does it have the same mounting points as the tlt?? because I dont want to change the three link setup that I am running. any help would be great!
the truck has been on the workbench for about a year now....hopefully by october ill have her done.... I work alot, and have a fulltime girlfriend who doesnt believe in my hobby.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:56 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
i guess ill tell you guys why i need one, I was planning on showing the completed project but ive run into this roadblock... I have a boyer frame that is an exact copy of a pre-runner bronco, with prp tranny, full interior, fully detailed engine compartment...basically Im going for a scale look and ive done everything to the fullest potential to get a presidents award for the nrctpa, I was planning on posting pics of it when its all finished. I just got the headers made by a local modelmaker. anyways, what makes the haulers axles so hard to come by?? does it have the same mounting points as the tlt?? because I dont want to change the three link setup that I am running. any help would be great!
the truck has been on the workbench for about a year now....hopefully by october ill have her done.... I work alot, and have a fulltime girlfriend who doesnt believe in my hobby.
contact doubledub on this site tell him what you are looking for, he should be able to hook you up.....it wont be cheap but will be a solid non steering axle to match the front TLT axle
Old 08-23-2006, 12:24 AM   #10
Nope..

Quote:
I work alot, and have a fulltime girlfriend who doesnt believe in my hobby.
Doesn't believe in it like you don't believe in the toothfairy? Or, doesn't want you doing it? If it's the toothfairy scenario, just show her one. If she doesn't want you doing it, tell her "Bye bye now".
Brainstain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 09:43 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

i thought he was wanting a "straight axle" for pulling..... thats what we used years ago ( sassy chassy brand ) in our clods when pulling....the straight axle is stronger than the axle with steering locked out....but i guess hes going for looks and doesn't want the extra links seen....
_Jason_ is offline   Reply With Quote